MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Straining while sleeping

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Straining while sleeping
I've noticed that i strain a lot while sleeping. For one, my entire body is tight and contracted, the covers are always pulled up to my neck, and my neck is not relaxed. I found a solution to this problem. First, i would put the covers down to my abdomen, stretch out my body, and tilt my neck back. Clearing the mind helps quite a bit as well. Another thing i try to do is to become aware of the body. When i employ these methods, i wake up in the morning feeling refreshed and ready for the day.
(06-16-2015, 12:07 PM)AlkalineWater7 Wrote: I've noticed that i strain a lot while sleeping. For one, my entire body is tight and contracted, the covers are always pulled up to my neck, and my neck is not relaxed. I found a solution to this problem. First, i would put the covers down to my abdomen, stretch out my body, and tilt my neck back. Clearing the mind helps quite a bit as well. Another thing i try to do is to become aware of the body. When i employ these methods, i wake up in the morning feeling refreshed and ready for the day.

Well good, it sounds like you've found a solution. You can also play with Long Swings before going to bed, Dr. Bates' recommendation for staring while sleeping and waking up with tired eyes. I also wondered if you were warm enough, maybe pulling the blanket up to your chin to keep your neck from getting cold, and needed an extra blanket.
(06-16-2015, 05:51 PM)Nancy Wrote:
(06-16-2015, 12:07 PM)AlkalineWater7 Wrote: I've noticed that i strain a lot while sleeping. For one, my entire body is tight and contracted, the covers are always pulled up to my neck, and my neck is not relaxed. I found a solution to this problem. First, i would put the covers down to my abdomen, stretch out my body, and tilt my neck back. Clearing the mind helps quite a bit as well. Another thing i try to do is to become aware of the body. When i employ these methods, i wake up in the morning feeling refreshed and ready for the day.

Well good, it sounds like you've found a solution. You can also play with Long Swings before going to bed, Dr. Bates' recommendation for staring while sleeping and waking up with tired eyes. I also wondered if you were warm enough, maybe pulling the blanket up to your chin to keep your neck from getting cold, and needed an extra blanket.

It was a bad habit that i acquired as a kid. I guess it was a combination of the fact that i hate the cold, i wanted to feel safe. I guess i didn't feel safe enough.
I had problem like that few years ago, and neck muscles are to blame, but in order to relax your neck muscles, you have to work on your posture and spine.

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download