MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Improve 3d depth perception

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Improve 3d depth perception
Thought convey that if you want to improve your 3D depth perception so you can actually do this by being aware of what is happening in the periphery. For instance when I look straight ahead only on a point I have in my depth perception not really involved more than just the point (therefore experienced what I see as flat). When I see both the point straight ahead and at the same time is aware of what is happening on the sides of my eyes then the magic happens that the depth perception becomes much more real and reinforced (I would say armored but that might not be the good english, anyway that is what I need, reinforced 3d awareness, armored clear vision Big Grin).
You might think it is not noticeable, but take time to examine this when palming.
Heart
I first came to the knowledge of this when I palmed. I thought it was strange that sometimes I experienced the blackness as just flat and sometimes the blackness turned to appear more like a 3d space of blackness (like outer space, wow moment). Now I realised that it is because of the awareness of the periphery when palming. The palming becomes much more intense when doing so (i.e. aware of the sides).

I was very surprised when I discovered that my field of vision widened much more than the normal 180 degrees. I think it is due to that when I see like this I am more aware of the very point and just the very periphery, that is not aware of so much what is inbetween the point and the periphery.

What I'm so happy for is that the 3D experience seem to improve by doing so, and that is something that you actually CAN control.

Do you experience the same ? How do you improve your depth perception ?
(07-28-2015, 12:36 PM)hammer Wrote: Thought convey that if you want to improve your 3D depth perception so you can actually do this by being aware of what is happening in the periphery. For instance when I look straight ahead only on a point I have in my depth perception not really involved more than just the point (therefore experienced what I see as flat). When I see both the point straight ahead and at the same time is aware of what is happening on the sides of my eyes then the magic happens that the depth perception becomes much more real and reinforced (I would say armored but that might not be the good english, anyway that is what I need, reinforced 3d awareness, armored clear vision Big Grin).
You might think it is not noticeable, but take time to examine this when palming.
Heart
I first came to the knowledge of this when I palmed. I thought it was strange that sometimes I experienced the blackness as just flat and sometimes the blackness turned to appear more like a 3d space of blackness (like outer space, wow moment). Now I realised that it is because of the awareness of the periphery when palming. The palming becomes much more intense when doing so (i.e. aware of the sides).

I was very surprised when I discovered that my field of vision widened much more than the normal 180 degrees. I think it is due to that when I see like this I am more aware of the very point and just the very periphery, that is not aware of so much what is inbetween the point and the periphery.

What I'm so happy for is that the 3D experience seem to improve by doing so, and that is something that you actually CAN control.

Do you experience the same ? How do you improve your depth perception ?

I get this feeling sometimes, but not a lot. I'd get this feeling while looking down a highway or grocery store aisle. I'm peripherally aware of the sides with my main focus on a small point in the distance. As I said in an earlier post, it's a rather comfortable feeling. As for palming, I've only had a couple of encounters with the so-called "3D" blackness. This was during the hypnagogic state where I was half awake and half asleep. Before I knew it, my body got very comfortable, and I began focusing on the darkness while my eyes were closed. I got a sensation that there was a really tiny dot that I payed attention to while I was peripherally aware of everything else. That's only happened 2 times for me so far. And yes, being aware of the periphery while being content with seeing a small point does seem to yield consistent, armored 3D vision, at least for me.
(07-29-2015, 09:20 AM)AlkalineWater7 Wrote: ... This was during the hypnagogic state where I was half awake and half asleep. ... That's only happened 2 times for me so far. And yes, being aware of the periphery while being content with seeing a small point does seem to yield consistent, armored 3D vision, at least for me.

By the way "the hypnagogic state" you talk about is the port to lucid dreaming also. When you mix beta waves with alpha waves you get better conditions for lucid dreaming. The blackness just suddenly turns into beautiful colors of a lucid dream. I can get into this state anytime if I want to.
I though use palming mostly to check that my vision is relaxed, if not I palm for a while.
(08-01-2015, 03:07 PM)hammer Wrote:
(07-29-2015, 09:20 AM)AlkalineWater7 Wrote: ... This was during the hypnagogic state where I was half awake and half asleep. ... That's only happened 2 times for me so far. And yes, being aware of the periphery while being content with seeing a small point does seem to yield consistent, armored 3D vision, at least for me.

By the way "the hypnagogic state" you talk about is the port to lucid dreaming also. When you mix beta waves with alpha waves you get better conditions for lucid dreaming. The blackness just suddenly turns into beautiful colors of a lucid dream. I can get into this state anytime if I want to.
I though use palming mostly to check that my vision is relaxed, if not I palm for a while.

Oh, and another thing I wanted to add. Sleeping in a dark room might be helpful towards improving vision. After all, sleeping in a completely dark room increases melatonin secretion, which is important for overall health and healing. Last time i slept in a completely dark room, i felt this weird, yet comfortable loose feeling in my body. It was beyond enjoyable; euphoric even. Another reason why this might be a benefit is due to the fact that remembering perfect blackness contributes to vision improvement. Just putting this out there to help some people.
(08-01-2015, 05:49 PM)AlkalineWater7 Wrote:

Oh, and another thing I wanted to add. Sleeping in a dark room might be helpful towards improving vision. After all, sleeping in a completely dark room increases melatonin secretion, which is important for overall health and healing. Last time i slept in a completely dark room, i felt this weird, yet comfortable loose feeling in my body. It was beyond enjoyable; euphoric even. Another reason why this might be a benefit is due to the fact that remembering perfect blackness contributes to vision improvement. Just putting this out there to help some people.

Yes, that is true.
I think one has to be aware of the tension and inertia in the eye muscles too (especially when the eyes move). Actually for the eyes to move more freely. The darkness makes it easier to be aware of this.

At one time I had an inflammation (or sunstroke) of the eye and my eye was terribly hurt.
I did not go to an eye doctor because I was so curious about what would happen when I palmed and how I could cure myself.
In the middle of the night that day I woke up and when I palmed it was far from black. In fact all was yellow-green when I palmed. I was a bit shocked. Sad
Also my eye muscles where full of tension and they hurt when I moved the eyes. In this condition my eyes where far from healthy.
My treatment was palming in combination with eye arobics and blinking. But the eye arobics was more like being aware of tensions and move the eyes gently to get rid of those tensions and inertia. When the eyes hurt or there is too much tension then palming is the only way to heal.
After some days my eyes got back to normal and I saw 3D blackness again.Smile

I also learned that if you chew too much gum chewing can get hurt in the eyebrow and the eye. Yes, no kidding.
So I actually stopped chewing gum. Smile
Instead some massage of the jaw and neck muscles would improve vision (at least for some people I should say).

This shows that there is lots of long term aspects that in fact affects the eyes.
All of them contribute, and thus sometimes the pure will is not enough to relax the eyes.
(08-02-2015, 03:07 PM)hammer Wrote:
(08-01-2015, 05:49 PM)AlkalineWater7 Wrote:

Yes, that is true.
I think one has to be aware of the tension and inertia in the eye muscles too (especially when the eyes move). Actually for the eyes to move more freely. The darkness makes it easier to be aware of this.

At one time I had an inflammation (or sunstroke) of the eye and my eye was terribly hurt.
I did not go to an eye doctor because I was so curious about what would happen when I palmed and how I could cure myself.
In the middle of the night that day I woke up and when I palmed it was far from black. In fact all was yellow-green when I palmed. I was a bit shocked. Sad
Also my eye muscles where full of tension and they hurt when I moved the eyes. In this condition my eyes where far from healthy.
My treatment was palming in combination with eye arobics and blinking. But the eye arobics was more like being aware of tensions and move the eyes gently to get rid of those tensions and inertia. When the eyes hurt or there is too much tension then palming is the only way to heal.
After some days my eyes got back to normal and I saw 3D blackness again.Smile

I also learned that if you chew too much gum chewing can get hurt in the eyebrow and the eye. Yes, no kidding.
So I actually stopped chewing gum. Smile
Instead some massage of the jaw and neck muscles would improve vision (at least for some people I should say).

This shows that there is lots of long term aspects that in fact affects the eyes.
All of them contribute, and thus sometimes the pure will is not enough to relax the eyes.

What i'm starting to do now is examining details very closely without strain. My imagination is good enough where I could see small things far away. However, I kinda ruined it by spending all of my time on the computer yesterday. So now I know that using the computer excessively is a minor trigger for poorer eyesight. I just need to take breaks every now and then. Doing this in conjunction with peripheral awareness and relaxation may yield stable 20/60-20/20 vision.
(08-03-2015, 11:03 AM)AlkalineWater7 Wrote: ...
What i'm starting to do now is examining details very closely without strain. My imagination is good enough where I could see small things far away. However, I kinda ruined it by spending all of my time on the computer yesterday. So now I know that using the computer excessively is a minor trigger for poorer eyesight. I just need to take breaks every now and then. Doing this in conjunction with peripheral awareness and relaxation may yield stable 20/60-20/20 vision.

Maybe you should try to work smarter to save some time.
I think you may progress very well.
(08-03-2015, 04:32 PM)hammer Wrote:

No, it wasn't work related. I just get on the computer to play games and such. Sometimes I get so carried away that I forget to rest or take breaks. I just need to learn to take time out to take breaks.
(08-03-2015, 05:44 PM)AlkalineWater7 Wrote:
(08-03-2015, 04:32 PM)hammer Wrote:

No, it wasn't work related. I just get on the computer to play games and such. Sometimes I get so carried away that I forget to rest or take breaks. I just need to learn to take time out to take breaks.

But so far, noticing details is working for me. Although, the mindset does need to be one of curiosity and genuine interest rather than strain and fear.
(08-04-2015, 10:00 AM)AlkalineWater7 Wrote: ...
But so far, noticing details is working for me. Although, the mindset does need to be one of curiosity and genuine interest rather than strain and fear.

Yes, with the right mentality details becomes more fascinating as well.
The details are always there in the moment provided you see.
(08-04-2015, 04:22 PM)hammer Wrote:
(08-04-2015, 10:00 AM)AlkalineWater7 Wrote: ...

Yes, with the right mentality details becomes more fascinating as well.
The details are always there in the moment provided you see.

Doing these experiments with vision improvement has sufficiently shown me that vision is indeed very subtle and operates somewhat subconsciously. I say this because at times, when I least expect it, my eyes will sometimes get really tense for no reason that I can locate in my conscious thought process.
(08-05-2015, 04:29 PM)AlkalineWater7 Wrote: ...
Doing these experiments with vision improvement has sufficiently shown me that vision is indeed very subtle and operates somewhat subconsciously. I say this because at times, when I least expect it, my eyes will sometimes get really tense for no reason that I can locate in my conscious thought process.

Maybe you should think about good memories more often.
It is always good to be balanced.
How you become balanced you have to ask yourself.
(08-06-2015, 03:50 PM)hammer Wrote:
(08-05-2015, 04:29 PM)AlkalineWater7 Wrote: ...

Maybe you should think about good memories more often.
It is always good to be balanced.
How you become balanced you have to ask yourself.

For me, it's remembering what I was like as a toddler. Those days make me happy, and relaxed.
(08-06-2015, 04:22 PM)AlkalineWater7 Wrote: ...
For me, it's remembering what I was like as a toddler. Those days make me happy, and relaxed.

Recently I tried listening to hopless rain on tent (while palming) and suddenly I remembered lots of positive details much easier. Might work for you as well, but I grew up with rain, storms and winter so maybe it just works for me. Smile
Anyway, the link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kH-kj6rkQWc
(08-08-2015, 03:54 PM)hammer Wrote:
(08-06-2015, 04:22 PM)AlkalineWater7 Wrote: ...

Recently I tried listening to hopless rain on tent (while palming) and suddenly I remembered lots of positive details much easier. Might work for you as well, but I grew up with rain, storms and winter so maybe it just works for me. Smile
Anyway, the link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kH-kj6rkQWc

When I engage in looking at details, I imagine a small point tracing the detail, and I use my imagination further to determine what angle it's facing, Which way it's turned, etc. Is this what i should do or should it be even more subtle than that?

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download