MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Clear flashes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clear flashes
I been doing Bates method for about Five Months but my question Is why is it I got very clear flashes when am outside during the day time and ones I go indoor or at night when there is not much light I don't notice clear flashes ????
(08-28-2015, 04:57 PM)moody Wrote: I been doing Bates method for about Five Months but my question Is why is it I got very clear flashes when am outside during the day time and ones I go indoor or at night when there is not much light I don't notice clear flashes ????

One is more likely to stare, strain, use effort when in lower light conditions than when in brighter. Remember to keep moving your eyes, shifting, noticing whatever details you are able to, and engage your peripheral awareness and awareness of oppositional movement. All these things are done more naturally in brighter outdoor conditions, where we are usually more in motion as opposed to sitting stationary. Let the indoor world move too. If it needs help moving, help it.
(08-29-2015, 01:29 AM)arocarty Wrote:
(08-28-2015, 04:57 PM)moody Wrote: I been doing Bates method for about Five Months but my question Is why is it I got very clear flashes when am outside during the day time and ones I go indoor or at night when there is not much light I don't notice clear flashes ????

One is more likely to stare, strain, use effort when in lower light conditions than when in brighter. Remember to keep moving your eyes, shifting, noticing whatever details you are able to, and engage your peripheral awareness and awareness of oppositional movement. All these things are done more naturally in brighter outdoor conditions, where we are usually more in motion as opposed to sitting stationary. Let the indoor world move too. If it needs help moving, help it.

I agree with everything arocarty said. Also remember a clear flash is simply better vision than you usually have, so if your vision improved indoors temporarily you might not notice it, if it's not super-clear.

Yesterday I had a clear flash indoors, a big surprise to me. After meditating in late afternoon, I slowly opened my (very relaxed) eyes to glance around. The scene outside the window across the room, in the late slanting sunlight, was so clear! I calmly looked at the details of the partly shaded tree branches, the railing on the edge of the deck, etc., trying not to grab and hang on, just appreciate, and the clarity faded after about 30 seconds. This is a long one for me! So it is possible -- keep doing the Bates work.

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now