MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Looking into the distance or Vision chart?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking into the distance or Vision chart?
So through my practice I have found I really dislike the vision chart. I get bored of it and I feel like that has a negative effect of my vision (re)training. I have found in the morning after sunning and doing some swinging I like to look at the little details at a distance. I live on top of a hill in California so I get a lot of wide sweeping views. I have found that my vision has more clear flashes in this context and that my eyes seem to improve more effectively.

My question is, obviously there is no dogmatic way of doing things so I believe that my long distance details is beneficial but should I get back into the eye chart? Should I wait till my vision has improved before trying again?
(09-07-2015, 10:06 PM)fredrickhugo Wrote: So through my practice I have found I really dislike the vision chart. I get bored of it and I feel like that has a negative effect of my vision (re)training. I have found in the morning after sunning and doing some swinging I like to look at the little details at a distance. I live on top of a hill in California so I get a lot of wide sweeping views. I have found that my vision has more clear flashes in this context and that my eyes seem to improve more effectively.

My question is, obviously there is no dogmatic way of doing things so I believe that my long distance details is beneficial but should I get back into the eye chart? Should I wait till my vision has improved before trying again?

I have my own love/hate relationship with the chart, which in the beginning just showed me how much I couldn't see. If you're straining, it's not going to be much help. I'd revisit it briefly occasionally to see how you feel about it, and if that's still negative, do something else. Or see what you can do to make the chart a more pleasant activity. Could you take it outdoors, or use it for shorter periods of time? Since you're improving, you're clearly doing some things right. Now you just need to find a few more, and maybe one of those is how to use the chart so it feels like a game, not drudgery.
(09-08-2015, 07:04 AM)Nancy Wrote: I have my own love/hate relationship with the chart, which in the beginning just showed me how much I couldn't see. If you're straining, it's not going to be much help. I'd revisit it briefly occasionally to see how you feel about it, and if that's still negative, do something else. Or see what you can do to make the chart a more pleasant activity. Could you take it outdoors, or use it for shorter periods of time? Since you're improving, you're clearly doing some things right. Now you just need to find a few more, and maybe one of those is how to use the chart so it feels like a game, not drudgery.

Thanks I figured for some its not as fun as it is for others but at least it can be workable. I tried yesterday to really keep my focus on just a part of a letter at a time keep my eyes relaxed. I did that for a few minutes and wasn't feeling anxious or my usual boredom so I will take that as a small success!
fredrickhugo,

Whether you love the eyechart or not, one thing is sure - you're blessed with the location you live on so utilize that fact to the maximum extent.

If you enjoy the vistas from your hill - go ehead - look and look and look. It can only make you good.
Looking into the distance is better and a much more efficient use of your time. It's not even a close call.

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now