MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Is it possible to relax eyes while wearing glasses?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it possible to relax eyes while wearing glasses?
My guess is yes but it's probably much harder than without.

When I take off my glasses, I feel like I'm taking off very tight shoes from achy feet that have walked miles & miles :Smile 

Thx!
(07-14-2016, 06:15 AM)BrendaPeter Wrote: My guess is yes but it's probably much harder than without.

When I take off my glasses, I feel like I'm taking off very tight shoes from achy feet that have walked miles & miles :Smile 

Thx!

This is a great awareness, Brenda. And it will motivate you to reduce your dependence on glasses even further. As people progress in vision improvement, they become more and more aware of how glasses constrict their visual energy. Your glasses may be too strong for you now, which is good! Short answer: I think it's harder to relax with glasses the stronger they are.
(07-14-2016, 07:30 AM)Nancy Wrote:
(07-14-2016, 06:15 AM)BrendaPeter Wrote: My guess is yes but it's probably much harder than without.

Thx!

This is a great awareness, Brenda. And it will motivate you to reduce your dependence on glasses even further. As people progress in vision improvement, they become more and more aware of how glasses constrict their visual energy. Your glasses may be too strong for you now, which is good! Short answer: I think it's harder to relax with glasses the stronger they are.
Hi Nancy,
I seem to do "ok" with my 20/40 glasses - most "comfortable" but still awful Confused ...  When I use an even lower prescription I find myself straining to see clearly so that's not good!
I'm considering getting the pinhole glasses with the smaller holes just to tide me over.  I have the ones with the larger holes but don't like them.  I'm amazed with how much I do without my glasses.  My kids laugh at me because they know I miss alot.  My house is alot dirtier, that's for sure!  Fortunately I'm old & tired enough not to care too much...  I will through on my glasses, quickly clean what needs to be cleaned & then take them off again.  I've had some success with sunning, palming & other relaxation techniques so I'm still very hopeful.  I'm also amazed at how much tension I have in my mouth!!  I put on my glasses & can just feel my face turn into a prune!  Thankfully I've learned before how to eat an elephant - 1 bite at a time - so I just keep taking those baby steps towards the goal.
As always, thank you for the encouragement!
People do improve their vision with glasses, or reduced strength glasses, but there's no guarantee. I recommend people do what you're doing, only using them when necessary and noticing how they make you feel. Now that you notice, there's no going back!
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
(07-15-2016, 08:08 AM)David Wrote: People do improve their vision with glasses, or reduced strength glasses, but there's no guarantee. I recommend people do what you're doing, only using them when necessary and noticing how they make you feel. Now that you notice, there's no going back!

Gee, thanks alot David!  Just teasing you  Wink!  In ways I hate that there is no going back, ha, ha, but I did figure that out recently.  It's actually a good motivator when you want to give up.  I keep telling myself that if Nancy, You, Meir Schneider, etc. can do it, then so can I.  I am very myopic (-7.50) but others with more myopia than me have improved.  That gives me great hope.

You all do such a great job.  Can't thank you enough for sharing all your hard-earned knowledge.
(07-15-2016, 09:03 AM)BrendaPeter Wrote:
(07-15-2016, 08:08 AM)David Wrote: People do improve their vision with glasses, or reduced strength glasses, but there's no guarantee. I recommend people do what you're doing, only using them when necessary and noticing how they make you feel. Now that you notice, there's no going back!

Gee, thanks alot David!  Just teasing you  Wink!  In ways I hate that there is no going back, ha, ha, but I did figure that out recently.  It's actually a good motivator when you want to give up.  I keep telling myself that if Nancy, You, Meir Schneider, etc. can do it, then so can I.  I am very myopic (-7.50) but others with more myopia than me have improved.  That gives me great hope.

You all do such a great job.  Can't thank you enough for sharing all your hard-earned knowledge.

The amount of myopia I think is deceptive. The resulting blur being greater doesn't necessarily mean the underlying problems are more complex or more formidable. Of course people with lower degrees of myopia have it easier in that when they experience some improvement in vision it's more noticeable and they can also make use of the better vision to be able to accomplish day to day tasks easier.
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now