MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Droopy eyes after relaxation

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Droopy eyes after relaxation
Hi all! I have a question aboutfeeling droopy eyes after relaxing and not staring but instead just being conscious of what my eyes are looking at. This happens almost every time i have an extensive relaxation period.  My eyes feel a little lighter but now I have to struggle to keep my eyes open. It is not the same as being tired, but if it goes on long enough my eyes do get tired as i force to keep them open but still am not straining to see. 

It has been somewhat discouraging, especially since i am fairly sure that my eyes are in a nice relaxed state after various tingling sensations in my face and eyes from muscles slowly being woken up.  I can barely keep my eyes about half open though,  now, which is annoying because i feel awake and primed for looking around at nature. Even keeping my eyes half open is tiring. 

Please help with some thoughts or suggestions,  and let me know if i can help with more specifics. This happens with both distance and nearpoint relaxation periods. Thank you!
(08-06-2016, 12:00 PM)egkopin Wrote: Hi all! I have a question aboutfeeling droopy eyes after relaxing and not staring but instead just being conscious of what my eyes are looking at. This happens almost every time i have an extensive relaxation period.  My eyes feel a little lighter but now I have to struggle to keep my eyes open. It is not the same as being tired, but if it goes on long enough my eyes do get tired as i force to keep them open but still am not straining to see. 

It has been somewhat discouraging, especially since i am fairly sure that my eyes are in a nice relaxed state after various tingling sensations in my face and eyes from muscles slowly being woken up.  I can barely keep my eyes about half open though,  now, which is annoying because i feel awake and primed for looking around at nature. Even keeping my eyes half open is tiring. 

Please help with some thoughts or suggestions,  and let me know if i can help with more specifics. This happens with both distance and nearpoint relaxation periods. Thank you!

Hi

You may find some answers in this very interesting article by Roger Cole. He is a doctor and a yoga teacher and he talks about the muscles that elevate the upper eyelid, and how these muscles act upon our nervous system.

http://www.yogajournal.com/article/medit...sses/eyes/

Please post any insights you may get from this article - it could be useful for someone like me who is interested in yoga and natural eyesight improvement
(08-12-2016, 02:24 AM)Lawrence Batchelor Wrote:
(08-06-2016, 12:00 PM)egkopin Wrote: Hi all! I have a question aboutfeeling droopy eyes after relaxing and not staring but instead just being conscious of what my eyes are looking at. This happens almost every time i have an extensive relaxation period.  My eyes feel a little lighter but now I have to struggle to keep my eyes open. It is not the same as being tired, but if it goes on long enough my eyes do get tired as i force to keep them open but still am not straining to see. 

Hi

You may find some answers in this very interesting article by Roger Cole. He is a doctor and a yoga teacher and he talks about the muscles that elevate the upper eyelid, and how these muscles act upon our nervous system.

Please post any insights you may get from this article - it could be useful for someone like me who is interested in yoga and natural eyesight improvement

Wow! That is so fascinating,  thank you for sharing that Lawrence. I will keep it in mind as I go from now on and I think the practice i should do is when I am in that state, since I can't  control it I should embrace it and see what happens. It is nice to read that I was indeed getting that relaxation and that the eyelid muscle I can't control proves that :p

I will have to just not do it right before work until i can get in and out of that state. I thought it could be because I am not used to moving my eyes up. I used to read a lot, with glasses,  in a prone position.  My eyes move left andriight much faster than up down or diagonal so I am also back to the astigmatism chart!
(08-13-2016, 08:08 AM)egkopin Wrote:
(08-12-2016, 02:24 AM)Lawrence Batchelor Wrote:

Hi

Wow! That is so fascinating,  thank you for sharing that Lawrence. I will keep it in mind as I go from now on and I think the practice i should do is when I am in that state, since I can't  control it I should embrace it and see what happens. It is nice to read that I was indeed getting that relaxation and that the eyelid muscle I can't control proves that :p

I will have to just not do it right before work until i can get in and out of that state. I thought it could be because I am not used to moving my eyes up. I used to read a lot, with glasses,  in a prone position.  My eyes move left andriight much faster than up down or diagonal so I am also back to the astigmatism chart!

I hope it is useful going forward. Maybe one idea is to just look up for a little while after relaxation, it may make the mind slightly more alert but the calmness will still be there....

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now