MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Using Bates Method through the day?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using Bates Method through the day?
I have read through Bate's book: 'perfect sight without glasses. I have read some people's comments that the Bates method is not just a list of eye exercises to do. From what I read of the book Dr Bates tried different approaches with people to see what worked for them, and if a method didn't bring immediate relief not to continue with it.

Bates also said that it could take some time for people to recover.
So how would a person know whether a method of eye improvement was working and to continue with it?

Also how do I use the Bates method throughout the day, to apply the vision habits beyond the exercises; Can someone give me examples? 

Joe
(08-26-2016, 07:14 PM)Joe100 Wrote: I have read through Bate's book: 'perfect sight without glasses. I have read some people's comments that the Bates method is not just a list of eye exercises to do. From what I read of the book Dr Bates tried different approaches with people to see what worked for them, and if a method didn't bring immediate relief not to continue with it.

So how would a person know whether a method of eye improvement was working and to continue with it?

Also how do I use the Bates method throughout the day, to apply the vision habits beyond the exercises; Can someone give me examples? 

Joe

It's almost too simple and you may not believe me. If your eyes and vision feel more relaxed, and/or you can see more clearly, it's working. It's much more about a non-trying state of mind than doing something specific. As you improve, you fall into that flow state, then out, notice you're out and put yourself back in. If you've ever played a sport where you were "in the zone" or done some creative activity where the article wrote itself or the painting created itself, seemingly without your participation, it's like that. This article may help some: http://www.iblindness.org/2024/which-vis...awareness/.
(08-26-2016, 07:14 PM)Joe100 Wrote: I have read through Bate's book: 'perfect sight without glasses. I have read some people's comments that the Bates method is not just a list of eye exercises to do. From what I read of the book Dr Bates tried different approaches with people to see what worked for them, and if a method didn't bring immediate relief not to continue with it.

Joe

A good quality eye chart is the best way to know whether you have brief, temporary, or more permanent improvement.
Some examples of what to do all day - frequent blinking, frequent shifting, self-awareness of tension in the head, shoulders, other parts of the body, noticing oppositional movement.    Most of this is well detailed in Bates books.

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download