MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
My only clear flash happens when I awake from sleep

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My only clear flash happens when I awake from sleep
Good Day Forum, it's been a while!

I've taken on palming for an hour a day for over a year, this is done in a position where I'm laying on my back. Some times I fall asleep for a short nap, I awaken facing the ceiling and for about 3 seconds I can see extremely small details on the ceiling which may be about 12 feet from my head. This phenomena only happens when I fall asleep and awaken, it does not happen from purely palming.

I think this is different from traditional clear flashes because it is consistently repeatable. No matter how much I blink in a few seconds eventually my myopic condition returns and the details on the ceiling become a blur. Does anyone have any suggestions to help me figure out what I'm doing to unconsciously lower my vision so that I may refrain from it and complete my vision improvement journey?
(08-31-2016, 11:21 AM)yodosoBates Wrote: Good Day Forum, it's been a while!

I've taken on palming for an hour a day for over a year, this is done in a position where I'm laying on my back. Some times I fall asleep for a short nap, I awaken facing the ceiling and for about 3 seconds I can see extremely small details on the ceiling which may be about 12 feet from my head. This phenomena only happens when I fall asleep and awaken, it does not happen from purely palming.

I think this is different from traditional clear flashes because it is consistently repeatable. No matter how much I blink in a few seconds eventually my myopic condition returns and the details on the ceiling become a blur. Does anyone have any suggestions to help me figure out what I'm doing to unconsciously lower my vision so that I may refrain from it and complete my vision improvement journey?

Try something different.  Too long doing same thing.  Forget about what you doing wrong, you never figure it out, focus on what works, what you can do right.
Thanks Jodice,

I don't think I have any other option but to simply notice and appreciate my 3 seconds of clarity after a nap.  I started this thread in hopes that someone experienced something similar, succeeded in using it to advance and offer some guidance.
Welcome back!

It's giving you a valuable clue. During sleep you relaxed your eyes, disconnecting from them. Your mind was active and didn't put force on your eyes. When you wake you do something with them that you think is supposed to be good but isn't, or you revert to your bad habits. The truth is that when your eyes first opened they didn't need you to do anything, and they didn't need you to try to see anything. What you were doing during sleep, without your eyes, was enough. With your eyes closed you weren't practiced any shifting, none of that. It took you a moment after opening your eyes to screw it up. Consider what that means.
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download