MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Distance, unknown, future?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Distance, unknown, future?
Hi there, I am sort of following on from Nancy's very interesting blog post "Are you stuck looking at a particular distance?" particularly the part that mentions about changing mindset towards the "unknown" so to speak.

So we know, generally, that a typical myopee has become that way as they have, at some point, had to avoid some stressful situations. For whatever reason, at the time, the myopee wasn't focused on the present situation only the possible results and may have avoided eye contact, for example, to remain hidden as to avoid the situation. The myopee may have been successful in avoiding the situation as a result or maybe they just felt less pain and were less connected to the situation because they had already withdrawn their primary form of communication, the eyes. Therefore, the myopee felt they had discovered an effective way of dealing with typical everyday stressful situations and the vicious cycle would continue. When is the main time that the myopee does this? Usually when they don't know the result, they don't feel safe or they have an very overwhelming view that the result can only go badly. In essence, the myopee is living in permanent fear of the future and what they don't know for certain.

Now relate this to eyesight, the myopee is afraid of what is not certain. They know what is in their immediate vicinity is certain and they get comfortable with looking at things within a certain distance. Anything that does not immediately appear certain to the myopee gives them a sense of fear and tension. The myopee has been dealing with those feelings for so long that they hardly know what it's like not to feel that way anymore.

However, for most people, myopia develops in teenage years or possibly earlier. It is not usually a condition we are born with. When I think back to when I was a child, my eyesight was 20/10 (or perhaps even better?) because I remember being able to read every line on the eye chart with ease. But I also remember a major difference in my attitude as a kid. I loved the unknown. 

Back then, the unknown to me was exciting because everyday at school was more or less the same and kids do more or less the same thing every day until a certain age. So whenever there was some slight change in my routine, it excited me. The unknown should be exciting and fun because the unknown is OPPORTUNITY. There is no opportunity in staying within your comfort zone which I believe is artificially designed in one's mind as they feel the need to protect themselves against certain situations. I'm not saying that you should do anything but you CAN do anything. When do you feel most alive? When you are doing the same old thing you do everyday or when you are doing something different that perhaps stimulates a different part of your brain. For me it is certainly the latter. 

Now most myopees probably look to the future and the unknown and only see obstacles. That is the major difference. Normal people see opportunity and excitement where myopees see obstacles and frustration. Therefore, when a myopee looks at something far away they are trying not to see it for what it is because it contradicts the way that their mind thinks on a level below conscious thinking. They have becomes obsessed with the attitude that the world is a bad place and will only do them harm so they'd rather not see what they don't have to.

So I tried adopting a different attitude about the future today with my eyesight and felt really good about it (good eyesight too). I thought how wonderfully exciting the future could be, literally anything could happen and there'll be so much opportunity to develop myself and meet all kinds of new people. When I couldn't see something, that was good because it was an opportunity to keep looking with the intent of discovering what it was. It was a mystery to be solved not something that I should already know the answer to. It didn't matter what I was looking at, I had generated this new insatiable curiosity about the world and all the opportunity it offered. With the view of so much opportunity in the world, I now wanted to look at things far away. I didn't want to miss out on any of the excitement that life would bring me that day. So please honestly ask yourself. Are you viewing the world with child-like optimism or are you being too pessimistic, not trusting others and focusing on all of the bad things that happen in the world. If so, perhaps shifting your mind's focus towards more optimistic thoughts would go a long way in improving your eyesight.

Please let me know what you guys think. I definitely think this could help some people.
(11-13-2016, 06:11 PM)david01 Wrote: Hi there, I am sort of following on from Nancy's very interesting blog post "Are you stuck looking at a particular distance?" particularly the part that mentions about changing mindset towards the "unknown" so to speak.

So we know, generally, that a typical myopee has become that way as they have, at some point, had to avoid some stressful situations. For whatever reason, at the time, the myopee wasn't focused on the present situation only the possible results and may have avoided eye contact, for example, to remain hidden as to avoid the situation. The myopee may have been successful in avoiding the situation as a result or maybe they just felt less pain and were less connected to the situation because they had already withdrawn their primary form of communication, the eyes. Therefore, the myopee felt they had discovered an effective way of dealing with typical everyday stressful situations and the vicious cycle would continue. When is the main time that the myopee does this? Usually when they don't know the result, they don't feel safe or they have an very overwhelming view that the result can only go badly. In essence, the myopee is living in permanent fear of the future and what they don't know for certain.

Now relate this to eyesight, the myopee is afraid of what is not certain. They know what is in their immediate vicinity is certain and they get comfortable with looking at things within a certain distance. Anything that does not immediately appear certain to the myopee gives them a sense of fear and tension. The myopee has been dealing with those feelings for so long that they hardly know what it's like not to feel that way anymore.

However, for most people, myopia develops in teenage years or possibly earlier. It is not usually a condition we are born with. When I think back to when I was a child, my eyesight was 20/10 (or perhaps even better?) because I remember being able to read every line on the eye chart with ease. But I also remember a major difference in my attitude as a kid. I loved the unknown. 

Back then, the unknown to me was exciting because everyday at school was more or less the same and kids do more or less the same thing every day until a certain age. So whenever there was some slight change in my routine, it excited me. The unknown should be exciting and fun because the unknown is OPPORTUNITY. There is no opportunity in staying within your comfort zone which I believe is artificially designed in one's mind as they feel the need to protect themselves against certain situations. I'm not saying that you should do anything but you CAN do anything. When do you feel most alive? When you are doing the same old thing you do everyday or when you are doing something different that perhaps stimulates a different part of your brain. For me it is certainly the latter. 

Now most myopees probably look to the future and the unknown and only see obstacles. That is the major difference. Normal people see opportunity and excitement where myopees see obstacles and frustration. Therefore, when a myopee looks at something far away they are trying not to see it for what it is because it contradicts the way that their mind thinks on a level below conscious thinking. They have becomes obsessed with the attitude that the world is a bad place and will only do them harm so they'd rather not see what they don't have to.

So I tried adopting a different attitude about the future today with my eyesight and felt really good about it (good eyesight too). I thought how wonderfully exciting the future could be, literally anything could happen and there'll be so much opportunity to develop myself and meet all kinds of new people. When I couldn't see something, that was good because it was an opportunity to keep looking with the intent of discovering what it was. It was a mystery to be solved not something that I should already know the answer to. It didn't matter what I was looking at, I had generated this new insatiable curiosity about the world and all the opportunity it offered. With the view of so much opportunity in the world, I now wanted to look at things far away. I didn't want to miss out on any of the excitement that life would bring me that day. So please honestly ask yourself. Are you viewing the world with child-like optimism or are you being too pessimistic, not trusting others and focusing on all of the bad things that happen in the world. If so, perhaps shifting your mind's focus towards more optimistic thoughts would go a long way in improving your eyesight.

Please let me know what you guys think. I definitely think this could help some people.

Thank you! This is definitely helpful, and well-said. Do you mind if I share your words on the iblindness Facebook page, so more people see them? I completely agree that seeing the unknown as dangerous and scary, rather than an exciting opportunity, is at the root of my own myopic habits. As soon as I feel threatened, I want to pull into myself, not reach out and explore! Thanks again.
(11-14-2016, 09:44 AM)Nancy Wrote:
(11-13-2016, 06:11 PM)david01 Wrote: Hi there, I am sort of following on from Nancy's very interesting blog post "Are you stuck looking at a particular distance?" particularly the part that mentions about changing mindset towards the "unknown" so to speak.

Thank you! This is definitely helpful, and well-said. Do you mind if I share your words on the iblindness Facebook page, so more people see them? I completely agree that seeing the unknown as dangerous and scary, rather than an exciting opportunity, is at the root of my own myopic habits. As soon as I feel threatened, I want to pull into myself, not reach out and explore! Thanks again.
Thank you! And no not at all, feel free to share Smile
(11-14-2016, 06:14 PM)david01 Wrote:
(11-14-2016, 09:44 AM)Nancy Wrote:

Thank you! And no not at all, feel free to share Smile

Thanks for the permission -- I just shared it, and it may prompt some discussion there. If you're on Facebook, you may want to check out David's page there, which is https://www.facebook.com/groups/eyesightimprovement/. Thanks again. I re-post my blog articles and so does he, trying to reach more people.

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now