MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Amazon reviews

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amazon reviews
I noticed there are several reviews by David on amazon.com, most of them from 2001 and 2002 regarding vision improvement books.  David, I was wondering how much of what you wrote then you still agree with.  Specifically regarding Relearning to See.  Would you still give it five stars?  You said in the chat room that you see things differently from Quackenbush.
I'm not sure - I guess it's been a while since I wrote any of those. They were written when I was first getting into it, and my opinions have changed since then. And I haven't read most of them since then either.

I'd give it 2, 3, or 4 stars I think, depending on my mood! It's not a bad book, it just isn't my style and I'd have a hard time agreeing with everything in it. I'd go into more detail instead of giving such a vague answer, but like I said, it's been a while since I've even looked at that book, and I don't have a copy in my apartment. So if you have any particular pieces in the book that seem strange to you, maybe you'd like to type them out?

Dave
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
You know, the only thing that really annoys me about Quackenbush's book, Relearning to See, is how he sometimes tends to babble on. And he keep using new age, sort of 'informal' 'I am your best friend' sort of style language. And he keeps putting exclamation marks at the end of his sentences!!!!!!!! Apart from that, it is a fine book, and right now at a great price on Amazon -- I would give it four stars.
I think it's a good book to have, but not on it's own. I have "relearning to see" as well as "the complete magazines of william bates (edited by Tom Q)".

Jamie

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now