MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
double vision standard & eye chart blues.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
double vision standard & eye chart blues.
Hi everyone

I've noticed that I have double vision in both my single eyes.
I don't get that, I thought double vision would be caused by both eyes not connecting or focussing together correctly.

How can I correct this, because this problem, I think, is causing my far vision to be blurry.

Also when I use the eye chart my vision clears up a little, but as soon as a blink it goes  blurry again and I have to wait/refocus about 2 secs before clearer vision comes back. 
Am I doing something wrong here?

Sincerely,
Brent.
Dear Brent,

Subject:  OD or MD involvement.

If you have serious double vision (diplopia) in
one or both eyes -- that could be a serious
medical problem.

I would suggest getting your eyes checked by
an ophthamologist -- and ask for his advice
and suggestions.

Then report back here.

Best,

Otis
Brent,

That's most likely just astigmatism. Most people with myopia have it, and it tends to be easy to get rid of.

David
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
Hi
I have the same problem with double vision on each eye, and its happens when i cover individual eye.  When both eyes are use together(without glasses) the image is just one big blur.

However for the right eye the condition is worse than the left. Double to triple image for right eye, double for left. Also, when practising shifting on the Snellen chart, I get tired easily. Any way I can minimise this problem? Heard that a eye-patch worn over the better eye can help the worse eye to function better over time, should I use it in this case? If so, how should it be used.

Appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!
Hi,

I went to an eye doctor and they just prescribed me glasses, same for both eyes, about +1.25 - I don't wear them.

I think it would be astigmitism as Dave suggests then.
How is this easy to correct though?  It seems like a big problem like I can't even see straight.

Any ideas appreciated.
Brent.
what's the cylinder and the cylindrical axis on them?  That denotes your degree of astigmatism.

Paul
sorry, that i don't know without going back to the eye doctor.

Brent.
Dear Brent,

I the USA, you must be supplied with
the prescription!

It will be written -- for example:

+1.25 Diopiters, Astig -0.75, @ 88 degrees.

Or

1.25,  -0.75,  88

If that is not written, you have no measureable
astigmatism.

Also, his exam will ellimate any medical possibility
for reduced vision.

That in indeed the value of these exams.

Otis
I don't remember the prescription saying anything like that.
I guess that makes me astigmitism free..

Brent.
Dear Brent,

Subject: Medical involvement with your eyes.

I agree that we are "controlled" by medical authority.

But I also suggest we must be "independent", i.e.,
prepared to clear our vision on our own.

The only issue, then is to determine if our vision
is due to "stress", i.e., 20/60 vision is due to
our lack of relaxation, or is something like
glaucoma, detached retina, RP, Macular degeneration,
and a host of HONEST reasons for loss of visual acuity.

The OD or MD is duty bound to look for these conditions -- and
inform you of them.  These retina problem are medical
can should be treated medically -- if possible.

But if a weak minus will clear 20/60 to 20/20, then
I think it is safe to say that this is a "relaxation" problem,
and that there would be the potential to
clear back to normal by Bates methods.

To further respond:

Hi,

I went to an eye doctor and they just prescribed me glasses, same for both eyes, about +1.25 - I don't wear them.

Otis> Good, and I would bet that if you read a Snellen, you
would pass the 20/30 to 20/25 line with excellent vision.
Your eyes are slightly positive, and there is no
reason why you should wear a plus at all.

I think it would be astigmitism as Dave suggests then.

Otis> You are not, because the OD did not measure any.

How is this easy to correct though?  It seems like a big problem like I can't even see straight.

Otis>  I would check your Snellen, just to clear that
issue.

Any ideas appreciated.

Brent.
I must have -1.25 prescription sorry - if plus lenses are usually used as reading glasses.
I am short sighted.

Brent
Dear Brent,

I would suggest the following:

Read the IVAC Snellen on your computer:

1.  Through the -1.25 diopter minus you
now have.  Can you confirm 20/20 with
both eyes.  Next:

2.  Read the IVAC Snellen with no glasses
on.  Can you read the 20/50 line.
(Read or guess 1/2 the letters correctly.)
Here is the Snellen:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.smbs.buffalo.edu/oph/ped/IVAC/IVAC.html">http://www.smbs.buffalo.edu/oph/ped/IVAC/IVAC.html</a><!-- m -->

Just click on "Display" and repeat.  Random letters
will be presented to you.  Step back to 20 feet and read!

Get a friend to help you with this.

In general a person with 20/60 will tend
to see "blurry" or "Double vision" with
no minus on.

The minus confirms that you have
no retina problem.

Let us know what you read on your Snellen.

Best,

Otis

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download