MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Yahoo Groups

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yahoo Groups
Watch out for a certain yahoo group on the Bates method that does not allow teacher into the forum.  I was just thoroughly chastised and berated, called "stupid" repeatedly by the moderator for what, I'm not sure.  I'm kind of in shock and feel like I've been attacked. The guy is quite abusive but I did not know that until I joined. Needless to say, I won't go back!
Sorry. I didn't mean to create a new topic. I'm not much of a forum user and am a little confused about how things work.
Dear Otto,

Could you identify the forum -- so we could avoid it?

Otis
Otis, I think Otto is referring to this one-

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/PerfectSight/">http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/PerfectSight/</a><!-- m -->

Big Grin
Bingo!
There you can find proof that you can take anything too far, including reverence for the Bates method.  Made me appreciate this forum all the more!
I'm actually one of the members of that group (I never post anything, I just read everyone else's posts) and I read yours just this morning, including Rishi's response.

I was also in shock! It's beyond me why the moderator of any group would say such mean things to a new member after their first courteous posting. I read your post literally like 10 times, searching for even the slightest reason for anyone to attack you, but there was absolutely no reason.

He doesn't even use proper English: "It seems that people is really dumb."  Big Grin
What happened was I didn't see that they wanted nothing to do with people that still wear any prescription for any reason, and I still do much of the time at work.  I'm committing a cardinal sin. Mea culpa, PerfectVision. Wink 

Thanks, Jason Sperry, for being a witness to that nastiness.  It was hard to get such negative feed back so early in vision recovery. Doesn't help total relaxation!
Yeah, I had a feeling Rishi was like that. In fact, he's not even interested in NVI, but exclusively into the things Bates writes, and he thinks that most Bates teachers are frauds.

It looks like Rishi's friend Evaristo also came and replied with an equally abusive message.  ??? Did you read it, or have you already left the forum?

If Rishi himself is completely cured, I would imagine that he'd be a much calmer person. (He actually criticizes other people for offending him and says that's evidence that they weren't completely cured of imperfect sight.)  :Smile
Oh, yeah. I got his friend's helpful and gentlemanly message.  Really, one shouldn't be surprised to find cult like behaviour in the nvi field.  It's rather fertile for such people with the one historical and outstanding educator(Bates)  teaching a healing system completely rejected by the mainstream.  Sounds like a prophet to me.  Wink
Doesn't help that Bates was so right on.

>If Rishi himself is completely cured, I would imagine that he'd be a much calmer person.>

I wonder.  Are there not plenty of people with excellent vision who are completely unpleasant?  The whole thing is quite hysterical and absurd.  How out of balance, ugly, and far from the message.
LOL Smile This Yahoo group is my favorite. It is not a usual group. Those guys are real Bates purists, and I guess they became like that after countless debates with countless people in various groups. They have just got tired of all the crap that, you'd agree, swirls around and contaminates the original Bates method. They have established their own group namely to avoid anything what they call "nonsense", and they ruthlessly chastise any infringer. That's why they don't allow even seemingly innocent posts because they foresee it will bring them to discussing things they do not want and consider nonsense. A guy who keeps wearing glasses is a number one generator of nonsense for them. However there are people in that group who actually cured themselves and it makes this group valuable a lot. You just should have read their manifest and their archive prior to posting.
Quote:They have just got tired of all the crap that, you'd agree, swirls around and contaminates the original Bates method. They have established their own group namely to avoid anything what they call "nonsense", and they ruthlessly chastise any infringer.
Let me ask you this...Is the Bates method absolutely 100% perfect?  If it was, everyone would be able to cure themselves just from reading the book (wouldn't that be great).  However, a very low percentage of people start getting cured right after reading the book (It wasn't me, it was 3 years after reading that book that I figured out how to cure myself).  The Bates method is IMPERFECT.  Now let me ask you this: is there any chance at all that someone might stumble upon a method that is based on the principles of Dr. Bates, which delivers a fast effective cure?  Wouldn't that be great?  Now I want you to see that you are discouraging any further development in NVI.  You are discouraging the whole idea of finding something new and effective, and keep this "imperfect" method imperfect forever.  If someone wants PURE BATES STUFF, they know that they should go directly to the book Bates wrote.  Most people have already been there, and tried it, and failed.  That's why they are out looking for techniques, help, advice, etc..  Hence we have online communities.  If we didn't promote this, then all our replies on this forum would be "Go read the Bates book, because if I told you anything, I would be contaminating it".

That "crap" that "contaminates" the Bates method is called research and ingenuity.  Big Grin  You can't be closed minded like that.  Something that helps one person is bound to help someone else, but not everyone.  If you want nothing but "pure" Bates material, why do you go to forums and news groups?  Your only resource should be his book and magazines.  You are contradicting yourself there.

You should ask more "What if..." and be welcoming to new developments in the Bates method.  I see your point, that everyone misinterprets the Bates method and likes to share it with everyone else.  You're absolutely right, but that doesn't mean we should halt any opinions and remain closed minded for the rest of our lives.  Just because a research scientist misinterprets some data, doesn't mean that we should halt all biomedical research this instant and use what we have to avoid contaminating our current pure methods.

Paul
I've always thought, perhaps we should all chime in and make our very own 'modern translation' of the books written from Bates.
That way everyone could understand it, and there would be less misinterpretation.
What we could do, I was thinking like, we could make a thread and everyone is allowed to post in it, each person who posts has to translate the next paragraph of text. That way the burden isnt on any one person, and we could get it done quick.
And where one person makes a mistake, we could correct it. (Send a private message to the person)

But I'm too tired to start the idea,  ;D! Someone else will have to do it...
A lot of Bates's language borders on being archaic (non-modern or dated), but it doesn't seem like it's archaic enough to require a translation, only some added explanation. For example, nobody says "imperfect sight" anymore. But back then it was probably more of a common way of speaking. But he also didn't write in the way he would explain something in person. It was more formal, with kind of his back to the wall. Today we write more casually, with perhaps less editing and exactness, especially with every Joe being a published writer, whether it's books or blogs.

David
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
Quote:For example, nobody says "imperfect sight" anymore.

I actually really like the term of 'imperfect sight' - it doesn't imply myopia, presbyopia, astigmatism, or whatnot. It's just what it sounds like; imperfect sight. Easy for any layperson to instantly understand.

"The cure of imperfect sight" - and precisely that.
Kazekage Wrote:I actually really like the term of 'imperfect sight' - it doesn't imply myopia, presbyopia, astigmatism, or whatnot. It's just what it sounds like; imperfect sight. Easy for any layperson to instantly understand.

"The cure of imperfect sight" - and precisely that.

HA, I was thinking the exact same thing! Actually I really like the terms "perfect sight" and "imperfect sight". I don't think there could be a better way to say it.

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now