MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
New Bates-type Book on Vision Recovery

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Bates-type Book on Vision Recovery
Subject:  A Second-opinion Book on True Prevention.

Some people are interested in getting the "tint"
of their minus lens "just right".

Others do not care about having a "tinted"
minus lens, but want to clear their
vision (on their Snellen) and avoid
any use of the minus lens.

There are a number of excellent books advocating
change in the traditional "broken" system
of the minus lens.  I think Jacob Liberman's
book is excellent, as well as Dr. Bates
origianl book -- all as the secon-opinion.

Here is a new book by David De Angelis for your
interest:

=================

Editorial Reviews

"The Secret of Perfect Vision"

Book Description

Author David De Angelis's search for a cure for nearsightedness was
both professional and personal, since he suffered from the disease
himself. An expert in muscular work dynamics, he discovered through
extensive testing and an immersion in decades of scientific studies
that working the extrinsic ocular muscles could preserve sight and re-
educate the eyes toward better vision. He came to understand the
importance of retinal defocus for transforming ocular refractive
status. In this book, the author shares both the science and the
"secret"-progressive retinal defocus technique-of how he was able to
reverse his own myopia.

The system's efficacy, he says, comes from the fact that it directly
intervenes with the causes that generate myopia onset and development
(overaccommodative/near-point stress).

When adequately stimulated by the simple exercises presented in the
book, ocular refractive capability leads to gradual strengthening of
focusing capability and gradual decreasing of refractive error.

Written in straightforward language, and featuring an extensive
section on the scientific research in this field, The Secret of
Perfect Vision offers a proven program of healing to the millions of
people afflicted with this condition.

About the Author

David De Angelis received his degree in law at La Sapienza University
in Rome and was heading toward a career in forensics when he became
interested in learning more about the body's development and psycho-
bodily integration in the wake of muscular rehabilitation techniques
and bioenergetics. After a great deal of studying and research, De
Angelis wrote Power Flex Stretching: Super Flexibility and Strength
for Peak Performance (Pagefree Publishing 2005), in which he explains
innovative techniques for developing greater strength and
flexibility.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.amazon.com/Secret-Perfect-Vision-Prevent-Nearsightedness">http://www.amazon.com/Secret-Perfect-Vi ... ightedness</a><!-- m -->
Dear Kaze,

Subject: Reading many books!

I find it valuable to read many books on a subject -- and
specifically CONTRADICTORY books.

In some cases I will agree with SOME of the book, and
disagree with other parts.

The result is that your "judgment" is a COMPSITE of
these ideas -- and their resulting methods.

I have also reviewed, and kept in contact with
optometrists and ophthalmologists.  I understand
their problems, difficulties and "attitudes".

In the context of their "office" -- I respect them.

Outside their office -- where they are incompetent
on the subject -- I do not respect them. 

And, if you read sci.med.vision, you will find
that the majority-opinion OD does not respect:

1.  The second-opinion -- by ANY METHOD.

2.  Bates advocates.

3.  You RIGHT to an informed choice (at the threshold -- when
prevention COULD BE EFFECTIVE).

So, for all here, I suggest that David's book (for $14) is
low cost, and would be another source of information
so you could further develop your own methods.

Best,

Otis
This book review is for: The Secret of Perfect Vision: How You Can Prevent or Reverse Nearsightedness

I find this book interesting, the way it explains how the Minus Eyeglass Lens, which is usually used for unclear distant vision causes and increases vision and eye health impairment.

I disagree on the books main treatment; Plus Lenses;
Replacing the minus lens with another type of harmful eyeglass lens (Plus Lens) is just as harmful. Close vision eyeglass lenses, 'Plus Lens' is a main cause of cataract and other eye problems. Senior citizens and even young people that start wearing close vision eyeglasses develop fast, increased vision impairment, often cataract or retina health impairment. I know a few people that have developed cataract and other eye, eye muscle impairment, strain, extreme tension in the visual system from using 'Plus Lens Therapy'.

The True Bates Method of Natural Eyesight Improvement brings clear vision and healthy eyes without use of eyeglasses. Bates Method students can use a series of weaker and weaker eyeglass lenses, only if needed for driving, safety at work... until the vision reaches a safe level of clarity to permanently stop use of eyeglasses. Example; a person with unclear distant vision wearing a strong minus lens can wear weaker and weaker 20/40 clarity minus eyeglass lenses as they practice Natural Eyesight Improvement and the vision improves, reverses back to clear through levels of clarity; this allows the eye muscles, visual system some relaxation and ability to reverse back to perfect clarity, complete relaxation.
Dr. Bates says NO GLASSES is the best, the healthiest way to go. When a person contacts me with advanced eye problems; extreme blur, retina condition, cataract, glaucoma, astigmatism... ; I tell them they must "Immediately Stop Use of Eyeglasses!" Continuing the eyeglasses, even using weaker lenses can advance the eye problem, prevent a cure" Within 1-2 months after stopping eyeglasses they report improvement, even for some people that don’t use Natural Eyesight Improvement, just discontinuing eyeglasses allows the eyes to function natural, correct 'on their own' and return to good health. Cataracts, Astigmatism, Blindness, Retina holes... have been reversed and cured.
Reading Fine Print, the way Ophthalmologist Bates describes and using the eyes relaxed, correct (shifting, central-fixation) when looking at close and far objects, getting sunlight, good nutrition will relax and return all the eye muscles; outer and inner; oblique, recti, ciliary, iris, tear gland... to normal function with clear vision at all distances and healthy eyes without dangerous side effects. This is the natural, safe alternative to using eyeglasses, plus lens treatment.

All eyeglasses; Plus Lens, Minus Lens, Astigmatism lens, Bifocals, Sunglasses, Contacts, ALL cause and progressively increase tension, imbalance, dysfunction in the outer and inner eye muscles. Different types of eyeglass lenses; Minus, Plus, Astigmatism, Bifocal... cause more impairment, tension in specific eye muscles but always in all the eye muscles. The eye muscle tension places pressure, tension, stretching, pulling on/in the eye, retina, lens, cornea, capillaries, fluid, tear vessels, channels, nerves.., causes abnormal eye pressure impairing health of the eyes, clarity of vision. Detached retina and vitreous, glaucoma, cataract, astigmatism, myopia, far-sight, presbyopia and many other eye problems develop.

I have found some things in this book very enlightening. They tell the truth about the harm that eyeglasses cause, how it happens, how eye doctors lie to us, the book provides some very interesting training on eye functions. Other things in the book have improved my understanding of optics, the eyes.

The author should also tell the truth about Plus Lenses. If it was a quick, short treatment with no dangers, I would recommend it as a stepping stone to get out of extremely strong distant minus lenses but I have found through research from the present time to back in the early 1900's that people end up using the Plus Lens Treatment for years and are still wearing eyeglasses. Its a deceptive crutch that gives a false sense of security, safety. A couple people that advise Plus lens treatment on the Internet, in books, articles developed cataracts, had eye surgery after using the method for years. They still wear glasses.

Many of the book's exercises... I find harmful, a cause of tension, strain. They are the opposite of 'natural relaxation, eye shifting movement and central-fixation'; three main natural eye functions Ophthalmologist Bates teaches that are necessary for clear eyesight, healthy eyes.

Let the eyes go natural, complete relaxation and see better than 20/20 with the true The Bates Method of Natural Eyesight Improvement.

Book Review on Amazon.com by Clark NIght

Too many people have used this Plus Lens Treatment, then experienced vision problems. They must know the truth about this harmful practice.

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now