MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
It really works in the "blink of an eye"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It really works in the "blink of an eye"
Hello, I haven't put my glasses on since February 2006.  I get clear flashes continuously all day long. These flashes are so clear and they last quite a while. I have worn glasses for over twenty years with -4.5 approximately in both eyes. I try not to over do the movement and keep it subtle. I try to centralize, blink gentley, and breathe  into the lower abdomen. Somtimes at work I can not see my co workers' faces very clearly. Sometimes I get a flash and can see them clearly. Working without glasses does not affect my work. I try to avoid the stare at all times and think that when I do see blur on the coworkes' faces I am staring. I wonder then what I did to get rid of the blur when their faces come suddenly into focus. I think the reason is that I have been taught it is not polite to stare. But looking at people is okay. I mean, we have to look but the stare will make strain and then blur.  So I am almost there.

The main thing I think is to relax and not worry if you are staring. Remember, brush the object clearly you want to view and and blink, if the object gets clearer, good, if not, don't stress and maybe it will be clearer the next time.  So I drive at night, in the rain, I do everything without glasses. At first it was hard. I used to go into grocery stores and see blur on the shelves. I immediatley started to feel discouraged which probably didn't help my eyesight or to see what I wanted to see clearly. I may have had goals to see it all. There are lots of little items to look at in a supermarket which can teach us to diffuse, to see it all at the same time. I think centralization has helped me here the most, but it took time to realize how to do it and that it works. So, movement, seeing things in movement are key. Things still come in and out of focus but it is more like a camera now or binoculars. I can pretty much get the object back in focus in seconds, in the "blink of an eye" or eyes.

What I want to do is keep the vision that is clear and I know that my eyes have gotten better and I know that people who have perfect eyes don't see 20/20 or 20/15 all the time. I also know that people who where glasses don't see 20/20. I just accpet what I get and don't worry or try to hard. The eye doctors will upon request make the glasses weaker because some people like to see things a little blurry. But when you get a taste of better than 20/20 without glasses you want more. I dumped my glasses and went on this Bates Adventure because I believed that my eyes would get better without glasses. I needed stronger glasses at the time I decided to try the Bates methods in 2006. I was seeing poorly.  During this time I would take breaks from my glasses and put them on to find that my glasses were like new. So my eyes must have gotten stronger. I always knew this about my eyes that they got better the longer I left them off. I wondered how much better they got and how long. I couldn't messure the time. I had no idea how it would work.

You know, I started this because my son has poor vision that can't be corrected. He has a benígn tumor on his optic chaism nerve that could lead to blindness. I have read many articles about blind people and I am not worried. We are amazing and can do a lot of things like getting our eyesight back which to me is funny. The medical and optrical world are very controlled and controllilng. A lot of these professionals are open minded but a lot will want to insult you for trying Bates because they are brainwashed by their industry. What would happen if we all stopped wearing glasses? CRASH!!! But is is our decision what we want to do.  If teachers, the government implemented eye improvement tecniques as part of the regime then many students would be free of glasses. My son however will have a trying time to see clearly.  The main thing is is that he is happy. This is the way it is with life. IF you can do it great, if not, great. It's all good. Be positive and do your best.
I find it hard now to go back to glasses. I don't think I will ever put them on again. Though I did for fun one day and what I saw was no different or not much different than what I saw without them. Which was really wierd. THey didn't make my eyes blurry, but I could see with them. I took them off and I could see with out them and maybe a little better. colors were definately better.
Mike
Mike,

About the supermarket and all the little things to look at that encourage you to diffuse - I think the reason for the increasing prevalence of vision problems over the last century might be due to sensory overload. We are being bombarded more than ever before with constant distractions from TV, computers, radio, flashing lights, millions of road signs, loud noises, etc. The question is, what effect is this kind of bombardment going to have on people? Certainly it's something, and the answer may often be vision problems resulting from the panic of trying to take in everything. Then you've got the field of electricity in the air radiating from power lines and inside buildings, and more radio waves in the air than ever before. Some people suggest that the electric fields we live in nowadays have a big effect on our energy patterns.

People who live in big metro areas are hit the hardest. But there's always something to do about it - learn to slow down your attention and take things one at a time, and ignore whatever is too much for you to take in.

David
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
Hi,

Quote:People who live in big metro areas are hit the hardest. But there's always something to do about it - learn to slow down your attention and take things one at a time, and ignore whatever is too much for you to take in.

I too would just like to comment about this with something which I read about on the 'PerfectSight' mailing list, which I think helps a lot in situations when you are overloaded with too many things to see at once. For example, I often get this problem when I am out in town, especially in video game stores. My mind just wants to see all the games all at once, which new ones there are, how much they will cost, what platform they are made for etc., and it used to always make me feel dizzy and blur my vision. But now I've come across a really good solution that works kind of like this: I imagine that I have a huge, immensely massive pirates eye, which can 'suck in' all the sensory information that is thrown at it, without overloading. This just made sense to me, if there are too many objects to see, why not just have a bigger eye? And within this gigantic pirate eye is my own memory 'store' of all the treasure (the shelves of video games, in my scenario) it would make sense. (Btw, I am not saying that anyone should gaze around with his eccentric field, because that would be straining!) Try it out!
what if your eyeballs are damaged, how will you recover?  Also, if stem cell research does work and they make eyeballs for people who lost them and they can connect to the nerves and work, will the bates method help make them see better?
yes
maybe
Thanks David for responding. I was on vacation for three weeks in San Francisco. I am the one living in germany and wrote you a few times. i agree about the distractions affection the eyes like lights etc. well, I am going to have an eye oppointment and just see what the doctors say and if I can drive without glasses legally. I have been just doing it without and not worrying. It is as if I am learning to drive without relying on crutches. I have to use different stradegies to overcome some blur but that is okay. blur never lasts that long.

peace

Mike
David Wrote:Mike,

About the supermarket and all the little things to look at that encourage you to diffuse - I think the reason for the increasing prevalence of vision problems over the last century might be due to sensory overload. We are being bombarded more than ever before with constant distractions from TV, computers, radio, flashing lights, millions of road signs, loud noises, etc. The question is, what effect is this kind of bombardment going to have on people? Certainly it's something, and the answer may often be vision problems resulting from the panic of trying to take in everything. Then you've got the field of electricity in the air radiating from power lines and inside buildings, and more radio waves in the air than ever before. Some people suggest that the electric fields we live in nowadays have a big effect on our energy patterns.

People who live in big metro areas are hit the hardest. But there's always something to do about it - learn to slow down your attention and take things one at a time, and ignore whatever is too much for you to take in.

David
I like that technique of the " Pirate eye". I'll give it a try
Kazekage Wrote:Hi,

I too would just like to comment about this with something which I read about on the 'PerfectSight' mailing list, which I think helps a lot in situations when you are overloaded with too many things to see at once. For example, I often get this problem when I am out in town, especially in video game stores. My mind just wants to see all the games all at once, which new ones there are, how much they will cost, what platform they are made for etc., and it used to always make me feel dizzy and blur my vision. But now I've come across a really good solution that works kind of like this: I imagine that I have a huge, immensely massive pirates eye, which can 'suck in' all the sensory information that is thrown at it, without overloading. This just made sense to me, if there are too many objects to see, why not just have a bigger eye? And within this gigantic pirate eye is my own memory 'store' of all the treasure (the shelves of video games, in my scenario) it would make sense. (Btw, I am not saying that anyone should gaze around with his eccentric field, because that would be straining!) Try it out!
I am waiting for the day when stem cells from our good eyes and be used to restore eyesight. thanks for the comment

Otter Wrote:what if your eyeballs are damaged, how will you recover?  Also, if stem cell research does work and they make eyeballs for people who lost them and they can connect to the nerves and work, will the bates method help make them see better?
Stem cells can't really be used to restore eyesight, sorry to disappoint.  If you find an article on that point, please share it.

Paul
Stem cells can only be used to replaced damaged body parts, but its not worth it taking our your eyeball and putting in a newer one.
I think even if stem cells did work, by the time we figured out how to use them other ophthalmological technologies (like LASIK, laser surgery etc.) will have evolved and become so advanced that there is a very low failure rate and no one will want to bother with stem cells.

Of course, the best method is always the Bates method.

;D
I would like to know what your vision is now.  My glasses are -4.5, which works out to around 20/400, in which case, I wouldn't want to be on the road when you are driving.  The legal driving vision is 20/40, a magnitude of 10!!  Print out an eyechart http://www.central-fixation.com/resources.shtml and let me know what you see without glasses.  Then, if you haven't arleady, head over to my poll http://www.iblindness.org/forum/index.ph...337.0.html.

Thanks,
Michele
That's a cool idea about the pirate's eye. It is in a way like that. It seems sailors have good eyesight because they were always looking at the stars for navigation. I would guess that the pirates, sailors all shifted their glance on many stars and had to be accurate otherwise they would have been sailing in circles. I have heard that people who go out into nature and have to use their primevel instincts to survive improve their vision. Michael Pollack author of " The Omnivor's dilemma" wears glasses but noticed that when he went hunting for boar his eye sight became clearer because he was shifting around looking for signs of pigs. He also sent mushroom gathering and discovered the same thing. But his book had nothing to do with Bates and vision improvement. I think I already commented on this; I did. But I wanted to add to it.

sanborn Wrote:I like that technique of the " Pirate eye". I'll give it a try
Kazekage Wrote:Hi,

Speaking of stem cells.... actually there are a couple products out right now that are made from Algae,AFA, that help increase your body's own stem cells by 30 % (StemEnhance - enhancestemcellsnaturally.com) and 50% (Stem50 - stemexperts.com). I have been taking StemEnhance for about 1 month now, I have had no results to speak of ( I am taking it primarily for the scar on my right eye) but I've seen quite a few testimonials, just on vision alone, and the improvements !
It's pretty affordable compared to getting the human kind, so I'm trying it anyways for 1 year. They say one should see results in about 3- 4 months time..

On another note, I have been doing the figure '8' with my finger in front of my eye. I learned this from my kinesiologist.
You can do the figure '8' on anywhere on your body. What it does, is increase the electricity/energy ... I guess you could also call it Chi. My kinesiologist told me, last time, someone did that (I don't know for how long) and their cataracts fell out into their coffee !? pretty cool, huh if you want to believe it ! Anyways, it's an easy exercise to do, and I do find that it helps my eyes feel a lot better when they are tired ! I do 2 rounds of 50 everyday. ;D

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now