MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Check Your Vision -- Yourself!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Check Your Vision -- Yourself!
Dear Friends,

Subject: Checking BOTH your Snellen and your refractive STATE -- yourself.

We know that the 1914 study (by Bates) was successful. I was told by a
majority-opinion OD that this success did not "count" because the
kids did not measure their refractive STATE, and their STATE did not
change in a positive direction. :Smile

Here is the "tool" to make that critical measurement. It is called,
variously, a "trial lens kit" or a phoropter.
If you a teaching Bates, it would be of value to demonstrate to the
person that his Snellen is clearing and his refraction is moving in
the correct direction as well. Smile

=================

It's basically a phoropter (one of those
"which is better, 1 or 2" machines) that you can keep in your purse or
jacket pocket.

That's 8 plus lenses, 8 minus lenses and a plano lens for each eye,
giving you a whopping 289 possible combinations! (Sorry, no
cylinder/astigmatism lenses.)

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.good-lite.com/i-test.cfm">http://www.good-lite.com/i-test.cfm</a><!-- m -->

"Quickly and easily screen vision with the new handheld I-test
Phoropter Vision Screener. Place the I-test on the face like regular
eye glasses, a patient can adjust lens strength by rotating the dial
to the desired lens strength. Lens range from +4.00 to -4.00 diopter
in 0.50 diopter increments. Each lens also includes its own occluder
and pin hole occluder."

* Tests for myopia, hyperopia, presbyopia, and anisometropia.

* Screen in real life situations

* Adjustable PD, fits everyone

* Folds up for easy storage.

Available in Gold, Gray, and ... Pink (!!)

Get it here for $141.69, with free UPS ground shipping within the
United States.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.medplususa.com/list-product_info-p-Good_Lite_I_test_Vision_Screener_G">http://www.medplususa.com/list-product_ ... Screener_G</a><!-- m -->\old-mid--pid-15763.html
Has anyone tried this? If it doesn't test for astigmatism, how accurate would it be? Thanks Smile
Dear Friend,

Subject: Astigmatism -- the "scare" word.

It is VERY RARE that "astigmatism" will prevent 20/20 vision.

Most people will find that a minus-spherical will get you to 20/20.

The SLIGHT cyl. will make 20/20 SLIGHTLY Sharper.

But is it worth it?

I personally HATE the astigmatism 'CORRECTION'. In fact I insist THAT
IT NEVER BE GIVEN TO ME (As long has I have 20/40 vision -- pass the DMV).

Further, if I am working to clear my Snellen, and get to 20/20, (and some idiot
OD insists that I wear GLASSES FOR ASTIGMATISM) then guess what. ???

I will go home, confirm I pass the DMV test, and NEVER FILL THE $300 prescription. Smile

Just my second-opinion.

Otis

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download