MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Tibetan Eye Chart

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tibetan Eye Chart
I came across this, this morning.. :Smile
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.wellnesshour.net/tibet.htm">http://www.wellnesshour.net/tibet.htm</a><!-- m -->
Hi Itsme,

How is your your vision at this point? Smile

Otis
Thanks for sharing ;D
Hello there.

Well, I got my reduced prescription glasses about 2-3 weeks ago, so that's really good.. Big Grin
(I got them from goggles4u.com. They came within 1 week, shipped from Pakistan and were in perfect condition.)
Now that I have both my eyes seeing, my left eye can start to relax again. I also like to take my glasses off every opportunity that I have, when at home, too.

The strides I made in the last 1 1/2 years from -6 to -4.5/ -5 to -3.5, reversed back to -6 and -5 during the time I had the eye ulcer/infection. I believe emotional turmoil/fear/pain played a big part. But you know, I'm just so glad my eye is ok and that nobody can even tell I've got a big scar over my central fixation. Remarkably, at my last visit to the hospital my
right eye's vision tested 20/25 (with -5 old prescription) on the Snellen! Now this 20/25 is not perfect.. it's a bit blurry, hazy, but hey ! It just goes to show you that faith in God & mental determination/visualization are REAL ! I'm still believing for 20/20 vision. I'm still believing that scar's going to go..I don't want it there, it just can't stay ! ;D (side note: I will not risk laser surgery to remove scar).

So, while I'm back at the drawing board again, I'm back to palming, +lens etc. This Tibetan Eye Chart ,I think,
is quite good. I did it 3x yesterday and 1x today. My observation is that my eyes were moving more
freely from one object to the next instead of staring. So, this is good if it encourages that ! Smile Yesterday I
even had a small clear flash while watching TV with no glasses.. gives me encouragement to keep up at it !

Thanks for asking.. Big Grin I will surely update here with my progress !
Keep posting your results of this eye chart! I dont really understand it because they say that you should switch focus to different dots without moving your head. Doesn't this contradict Bates' methods? Maybe if you do it from a certain distance it would be similar to practicing shifting?
Hi. No, I don't believe it contradicts Bates... It kind of reminds me of the one I learned from 'vision for life' actually. This one, you are sitting and with head straight you move only your eyes up,to the sides and down in a circle for about 4min.
This is without a chart. If I remember it said it helps to stretch those tight eye muscles..

I actually found another website later on the Tibetan Chart and it explained it a little more in detail .. It says you are supposed to stand up (I guess have the chart pasted up somewhere) and press your nose on the big inner circle, and then do the exercise ! I did that last night and it was more challenging to do ! Well, we'll see how it pans out ! ^-^

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.natural-earth.com/tibetan_eye_chart.html">http://www.natural-earth.com/tibetan_eye_chart.html</a><!-- m -->
Not long ago, I was thinking that the Tibetan Eye Chart was nothing I would want to mess with because of the apparent contradiction to Bates. Then I watched this: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6842552229982266221&pr=goog-sl">http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... pr=goog-sl</a><!-- m -->

This is a fairly interesting video of Dr. Leo Angart teaching a Bates seminar. The video is 2 hours long and Dr. Angart seems to know the Method well and has used it successfully.(Worth checking out!) Somewhere in the middle he has his students hold Tibetan Eye Charts an inch from their nose and slowly circle with their eyes counter clockwise an number of times then counter clockwise. He said this can enable them to discern what oblique eye muscles are most tense by finding where they strain them when moving there eyes. I tried this clockwise/ counter clockwise experiment without a chart and found there were directions where I strained more and this helped me be more aware of strain in eye movement in general.

Now, I'm probably not going to buy or print out one of these charts because I'm somewhat of a purist, but I can now see some usefulness in them.
Interesting. I've yet to watch that video !!!!
Re: the T Chart : I definitely have a harder time looking to the sides - left and right. Up and down are no problem!
I'm more prone to strain when looking to the left, especially upper left. Maybe has to do with the way we read in the West: left to right and down; and going opposite that is uncomfortable. (?) Just something for me to be aware of so strain doesn't creep in.
Yes, check out the video. If nothing else, it is good encouragement.
He hands out small squares of black velvet to his students as a sensory reminder of perfect black. I guess it is hard to find anything blacker than black velvet.
Now I want to get me some black velvet!
Your assumption in the way we read is very plausible, as I have the most strain in looking to the left as well.
I will watch the video for sure, as I can use all the encouragement I can get ! ;D Up to now I have been imagining
a beautiful black horse but black velvet is surely deeper !
Hi,

otto Wrote:Not long ago, I was thinking that the Tibetan Eye Chart was nothing I would want to mess with because of the apparent contradiction to Bates. Then I watched this: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6842552229982266221&pr=goog-sl">http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... pr=goog-sl</a><!-- m -->
Now, I'm probably not going to buy or print out one of these charts because I'm somewhat of a purist, but I can now see some usefulness in them.

Found this link by searching "Leo Angart".<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.vision-training.com/Download/Eyecharts/Myopia.html">http://www.vision-training.com/Download ... yopia.html</a><!-- m -->
It has some charts in the site which you can check them out.

I browse through and learn more about the teacher. He claims to have improvement in only 20mins into the exercises, and then went on to obtain a complete cure in his high degree of myopia and presbyopia in a short span of 3 months! However, the some of the methods used seems to be quite elusive. Is anyone into pragmatic healing and energy flow?

There is also a part of the site that recommend supplements for different eye-conditions like Cataract, Glaucoma, Dry eyes and so on. But there are no references made to any research papers so can't really tell if they work.

Regards,

Petal
I've been taking Bilberry for years and I really swear by it. Although it hasn't cured my myopia, it does make vision
sharper and colours are more vibrant. I notice the improvement when I haven't used the product for a while and then
start using it again. It's almost immediate.

I need some help, please ! I've tried to watch Dr. Angart's video several times now and it keeps stopping and starting up, sometimes it just stops and that's it. I just haven't gotten any farther than 13 minutes ! :-\ Can someone give me some tips ? How were you able to watch it all? thanks much ^-^
Hi
itsme Wrote:I've been taking Bilberry for years and I really swear by it. Although it hasn't cured my myopia, it does make vision
sharper and colours are more vibrant. I notice the improvement when I haven't used the product for a while and then
start using it again. It's almost immediate.
^-^

Hmm... sounds good. Perhaps I will give it a shot, since these supplements are readily available. Guess supplements are generally good, so long we don't overdose on them. Just not sure if they are specifically good for certain eye condition.

itsme Wrote:I

I need some help, please ! I've tried to watch Dr. Angart's video several times now and it keeps stopping and starting up, sometimes it just stops and that's it. I just haven't gotten any farther than 13 minutes ! :-\ Can someone give me some tips ? How were you able to watch it all? thanks much ^-^

Had you try watching using Firefox? It was quite alright when i watch it, not totally continuous and have to wait for some buffering in between, but I did manage to complete the whole thing.

I am currently trying to rid of my Astigmatism degree by practicing the chart 3x a day which is what is recommended in the online sample books. It claims a a complete cure in matter of days to weeks. Let's hope its true.

Regards,
Petal
Hi. You know what.. my mom has cataracts and I did some research through the internet and found these eye drops
that contain N-acetylcarnosine... This antioxidant is supposed to remove/dissolve cataracts after a few months.
It's not too expensive... This is the website I bought it from : <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.can-c.net/usingcanc.htm">http://www.can-c.net/usingcanc.htm</a><!-- m -->
It seems this is the most reputable, product sold by the inventor, Dr. Mark Babizhayev.
My mom is going to try it before she goes for the surgery. I'd like to try it too for my scar as I read it can reduce scars.
My mom's cataracts are not too bad, so if it doesn't work out she's going to be ok.
I also advised her to palm and do some sun gazing - that is once we get some sun over here!!

As for Bates video, w hat is Firefox ? Please help!

Good luck on your Astigmatism !! I have that too. Thanks for the link to the charts too. Please keep us posted on your
improvements! Smile
Hi,
itsme Wrote:As for Bates video, w hat is Firefox ? Please help!

Firefox? Its another internet browser, like the Internet Explorer.

You can download it from here. <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/">http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/</a><!-- m -->

As for the video, I find that there are some methods that contradict some Bates' teachers' methods. For example, for the String Method is discouraged as an exercise in TQ's book. TQ mentioned that the String Method is only used to demonstrate convergence of the eyes, and should never be practise as an exercise.

Regards,
Petal

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now