MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Recovered a bit

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recovered a bit
Hello everyone. I haven't been on here for a while, since I've been busy studying and doing homework for school. I haven't much time to practice the Bates Method, and I have force myself to wake up every morning because im tired. But anyways, I have managed to improve my vision from 20/80 to 20/70. I've only palmed and sunned, since the sun shines into my kitchen and i can just sit at the counter and close my eyes. Thank you guys, I will keep relaxing myself and practicing good habits.

I have found out why I have trouble improving my vision. I have OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder) and I have a tendency to twitch when I'm excited or when im nervous. I'm overcoming that slowly.

Again, thank you
Nice! Smile I need to practice the Bates Method more too. *palms*
You have as much time to practice using the eyes right as you do wrongly. There's no such thing as 'not enough time' Big Grin

Good luck . Practice use of the imagination when you are studying. You will be surprised the wonders it can do, not only for your sight but for the increased mental efficiency and ability to work without fatigue for long durations and also to sharpen the memory. It's like, when I'm revising for exams I always make sure to use imagination because it is so effective.
keep it up! but don't set a deadline for yourself.

I am slightly obsessive compulsive and I also feel that it hinders my improvement, so I think I'll be working on that. ;D
Great to hear about your improvement, even if it's slight. Smile

And yeah, I'm quite sure I also have OCD. Don't we all, to some extent?

Kazekage: What specific imagination habits do you practice while studying?
Are you OCD'ers still on? i guess its been two years since this post. But I can see how OCD=Mental Strain=Eye Strain....
The mind wants to reach out and control surroundings, why wouldnt the eyes adopt that same behavior, reaching out and grabbing things...
Man my mind obsesses about everything from someone thinking i'm weird to running out of gas to dying...Just the mind's basic mistrust and fear of life. i really can see this being the mental strain that causes no circulation to the tense eye muscles...resulting in blurry vision...

so i bet once you could soothe the mind with an understanding that life is safe to trust, and that you will be ok...clear vision comes naturally.
spydermann Wrote:Are you OCD'ers still on? i guess its been two years since this post. But I can see how OCD=Mental Strain=Eye Strain
life is safe to trust

Thanks Spidey, for bumping this thread. I had never considered myself possibly having OCD and the role it could play in producing myopia. But now reading this and looking back, I can see potential OCD in my life.

"life is safe to trust" -- just reading those words produced a moment of clearer vision for me. I will have to think about these words some more.

Also, what Otter said:
Otter Wrote:I have OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder) and I have a tendency to twitch when I'm excited or when im nervous.

This made me think of the "hard blinks" I have, and how it is difficult for me to stop blinking hard. But at times I am able to stop the hard blinks, I notice myself blinking normally and not even thinking about it. I wonder if these hard blinks could be the equivalent of the "twitch" Otter mentioned? Being excited or nervous about vision perhaps, and the unclear picture I'm seeing ... so I "hard blink" in a (futile) attempt to gain control of the situation?

Hmm! This gives much to think about!
I have agreed with you,Kazekage that "Practice use of the imagination when you are studying. You will be surprised the wonders it can do, not only for your sight but for the increased mental efficiency and ability to work without fatigue for long durations and also to sharpen the memory" good luck to all!
yeah, using imagination while studying improves your memorization a lot.
This has been backed up by a study actually.
What are some examples of techniques you guys use to stimulate the imagination?
Peter Grunwald in an Eyebody workshop had a guy read something out loud, rambling on like every boring professor you've ever had -- he was just reading the words. Then Peter had him read the same thing, this time imagining the scene he was reading about, visualizing it. He was so much more interesting to listen to! Plus he said he could see the page better. Peter's work is all about being present, actually involved in what you're doing, rather than being on automatic pilot and just trying to "get it over with".
Happy to hear you recovering a bit. Keep on recovering and hope you will soon be normal

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now