MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
How, where obtain Bates teacher training home study course.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How, where obtain Bates teacher training home study course.
Hi

Your site is great!
Can you post the Name address of the best Bates teacher that provides a teacher training course?
I have had Natural vision improvement training from Tom Quackenbush for student only and want to be certified as a teacher but he moved out of usa.
Carina goodrich has a home study course listed on a web site but does not reply.
Also replied on another site but she said she no longer teaches people to be Bates teachers while she is busy writing a book on Natural Vision improvement.
I am looking for a teacher in usa that that teaches like Tom quackenbush and Goodrich, preferrably home study to begin with, then in person when i am ready.
i have gained 20/20 and clearer close and distant vision since age 17 and am now 51 with clear eyesight and taught many people how to use this simple method to obtain clear eyesight.
I Have constructed a web site teaching the Bates method in picture form for quick easy learning and some vision therapy diagrams.
web site will be converted to a book for sale and free to read on web site after 30 more diagrams/lessons published on site.
I want to perfect this by taking a full teacher training course and placing all information i learn on the site.
Thank you; clark night cleareyesight.info
Forget Quackenbush and Goodrich, the only absolute and complete training course for you is to read the original 1920 Bates book, and to study it well. Then you refer your clients to the book. ;D
The whole business of 'Bates teacher' is a mockery, the system is an independant and personal journey, not some new age cult-follower religion, and although the recovery be helped by people with perfect sight it is only ever 'taught' by the patient himself, through direct experience he may undergo by applying the system.
Kazekage Wrote:Forget Quackenbush and Goodrich, the only absolute and complete training course for you is to read the original 1920 Bates book, and to study it well. Then you refer your clients to the book. ;D
The whole business of 'Bates teacher' is a mockery, the system is an independant and personal journey, not some new age cult-follower religion, and although the recovery be helped by people with perfect sight it is only ever 'taught' by the patient himself, through direct experience he may undergo by applying the system.

Thanks
this is the first time anyone has told me i dont have to pay $1500.00 to 3000.00 for teacher training.
If you want to go around teaching it to people, go ahead and try it. If you've had success with it then you just need to fill some holes that you may have in your knowledge and get a feel for what approaches work to get around people's different personalities. You could start by charging nothing or very little with your first clients. If you want to just do the website, then I'd suggest just continuing to do what you're doing.

Just be aware of the laws in your state and any history of prosecution there for practicing medicine or optometry without a license. And it all has to be about education and students/clients, and not about treating, diagnosing, curing, or referring to anyone as a patient.

Any Bates teacher training course with more than a few select students would have to be dumbed-down like any class, just to make sure everyone can keep up and understand. But i don't know of any current teacher training course in the US. There's probably not more than a couple dozen active Bates teachers in the whole country. Some might not even call themselves that, and/or they teach something that isn't really the Bates method.

Dave
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
See Robert's post at his forum.
Thank you for the replys.
I must state that Tom Quackenbush fine tuned my close and distant vsion and taught me alot of stress removal methods, movement, relaxation, true central fixation, shifting, left and right brain hemisphere activation integration, correct vision habits, and other activities to bring my vision to clearer than 20/20.
Janet Goodrichs books also provide good methods.
I will continue studying Bates Magazines, books until i can afford teacher training and will keep teaching others now since it works!
Originally improved my vision in high school 1973 from Huxleys book, art of seeing.
Tom Q's book Relearning to see increased my understanding of Bates method.
I think this guy, clarknight, may be a fraudulent person. I have looked on his site and found there a lot of misleading crap mixed in with the original stuff from Dr. Bates. Why did he do so? If he claims to have obtained the complete cure, he should be well aware that there's a load of nonsense and irrelevant content on his site. If he tolerates that, it means he does not understand how Bates method works and probably has not cured himself. He may just want to do a little fraudulent business on Bates method. Beware of him!

Now regarding Bates teachers. First and foremost, Bates teachers are not necessary. Anyone can be cured by himself without any teacher. Still, I believe it is useful to share experience and encouragement with colleagues, and that's what we do in this community. Dr. Bates himself encouraged teaching others, because this way the person who teaches obtains better understanding of the matter himself, and improve his own practice. There is however a difference between sharing your experience with colleagues and becoming a teacher. The difference is that the teacher is supposed to have a trustworthy authority. Dr. Bates has formulated clear criteria of someone who wants to become a teacher: The teacher, if he is to benefit the patient, must himself be able to derive benefit from the various methods recommended. If his vision is 10/10, he must be able to improve it to 20/10, or more. If he can read fine print at twelve inches, he must become able to read it at six, or at three inches. He must also have sufficient control over his visual memory to relieve and prevent pain. A person who has defective sight, either for the distance or the near-point, and who cannot remember black well enough to relieve and prevent pain, will be unable to be of any material assistance in obstinate cases; and no one will be able to be of any assistance in the application of any method which he himself has not used successfully. In other words, the person should question himself whether he has obtained perfect sight as determined by Dr. Bates - perfect memory of black, perfect imagination, short swing, universal swing, ability to look at the sun without discomfort for indefinite time etc. I am very much doubting that clarknight is able to demonstrate all that. And any certificate from other fraudulent people like Quackenbush, Goodrich and Corbett won't add any authority to anyone.
I wrote a reply to kazekage earlier but i guess i forgot to press the submit button?.
i want to apologize to him for sounding like i did not appreciate his suggestion about not studying from Tom q and Goodrich.
I agree with him on some points.
I personally think people are charging too much money for teacher training and i wish Dr Bates were here to teach everyone himself online!
That would be great.
At the same time i need more training from others because i only have my own mind and students experiences to work with Bates books, mags and the student training i have.
I sent to the italian man Rishi Giovanni Gatti for price of the Bates Magazines he is selliing.
This name sounds like the same man a person with a name like kyazekage at yahoo referred me to a month ago after stating that my web site cleareyesight.info is wrong and has nothing to do with the Bates method.
I wrote back and asked if he/she and the man were Bates teachers or selling Bates products, books because they sounded so angry that i began to think they considered my web site competion since we give free training.
The man wrote back and said he did not want me to write again and he does not want to discuss these matters.
Is this the same man?
If yes he probally wont sell me the magazines???
i did not know he sold Bates books.
I cannot find his site in English.
I am also purchasing all of Davids adobe Bates mags, books at The Bates Method Store because i can be sure they are the original copies and they are sold at a very low price which i know Dr. Bates would like.

thanks
clark night
Oleg - could you give some clear examples of where cleareyesight.info is incorrect?
S

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now