MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Leo Angart

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leo Angart
Do you know anything about him? He is supossed to be a natural vision teacher. He's gonna come in my home country and city in September to do a "workshop" on the Bates Method. He says he is relying on the Bates Method but always mentions "eye exercises".

He managed to cure himself of both near and far faulty eyesight after wearing glasses for over 20 years in only 3 months. He says that he can cure 1,2 diopters in less than a week!

Here's some vids:

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/807275/

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=...9982266221

Do you think he is real? Never heard anyone mentioning him in this forum.
Mihai_alexandru Wrote:He managed to cure himself of both near and far faulty eyesight after wearing glasses for over 20 years in only 3 months. He says that he can cure 1,2 diopters in less than a week!

Wow. if this is true, i would be cured within couple of weeks with him. I hope he's real, But -- just typed his name on google, and yes. He's real.
I meant to ask if his methods are true and they work. That's what I meant by "real". Smile
Hi,

Mihai_alexandru Wrote:I meant to ask if his methods are true and they work. That's what I meant by "real". Smile

How was your encounter with Leo Angart? Has any of his methods help you?
Good viedo!
Saw second viedo by Leo Angart.
Lot of good stuff but he advises looking at the letters on the eyechart with the eyes, face/head in opposite directions; head down and eyes up looking out from under eyebrows, looking at letters out of the top, bottom, sides of eyes.
This is the opposite of central fixation.
This is a unhealthy habit people with macular degeneration, cataracts, extreme blur aquire.
It causes more vision impairment.
The eyes and face must move in the same direction, relaxed, both directed at the letter.
Though looking through eccentric fixation is bad when done all the time, it could be useful as a means of understanding how eccentric fixation could cause poor vision when compared with CF. Bates also discusses some methods where a person is made to temporarily acquire poor vision by deliberately using the eyes wrongly. This produces strain and pain which forces the person to acquire good eye habits. To understand the great strain your eyes are in, sonetimes it is useful to deliberately abuse them to bring the strain to the forefront of your consciousness so that your mind can learn to eliminate the strain. If you can voluntarily produce myopia you are a master of mental control - even practising such illogically looking routines have great potential.
Petal Wrote:Hi,

Mihai_alexandru Wrote:I meant to ask if his methods are true and they work. That's what I meant by "real". Smile

How was your encounter with Leo Angart? Has any of his methods help you?

I didn't go to his workshop. Anyway, I've forgotten about him, I'll try and check if his workshop was a succes.
Ok, I am new here. But before going into some of the topics to introduce myself in more detials (still am not so familiar with this forum) I'll say a word about Leo's workshop. As I actually started my vision training with his workshop exactly 9 weeks ago. So, as I am myopic ( -2, -1.75) with astigmatism (-1,-2) it didn't happen for me in a 1-2 weeks. But, I had reduced the astigmatism, on last Tuesday's check-up, it was 8 weeks since I started training. Leo is saying that the easiest thing to fix is astigmatism, and it happened to me, it is so little that I do not need cylinder in glasses (if I am ordering new ones - which I am not). My prescription is now -1.25, and will be given lower if I wish for vision training purposes, so I say it's -1. But Leo's advice was not to wear them at all as I was bellow -2.
I found workshop useful, interesting, I needed a teacher so I can be sure I am doing right thing, he gave me advices and set of exercises designed for me. But there is a lot of information around, if you feel comfortable you can start by advices in Dr. Bates' book, or this web site, or Janet Goodrich book.... anything you can understand and apply and enjoy and in a few days feel whether it works for you or not. Which I am also doing, I haven't stopped there.
I am also introducing other stuff. Initially, by Leo I started Tibetan chart, enregizing using Pranic healing (is on the second video), reading eyechart combined with palming. tried some meditaion as he did at the end of the workshop, but cannot do it every day.
You see, my lifestyile doesn't allow me more work(two little children, full time job), so maybe that's why I am slower then Leo's predicions, but I can see it's happening, my close vision is clearer every day, I can do my work on computer read well from .5 m, can do house work, cooking. I just drive with my old glasses, 15 mins a day in workdays.
The workshop maybe has a financial motivational meaning for me as well, as I always think I didn't vaist my money, so it keeps me going.
What I am missing is to share the thaughts and experiences with others in vision training on daily basis. I don't have such people in my environment unfortunately, so I am here and hope to have good fun with you guys!
Ah, yes, this was workshop in Sydney.
He teaches and gives you tool(meter ad string and reading material) how to measure your own diopters, and from first day -2 I went down to -1.5 on second day.
If you have more questions I am more than happy to help! (Will keep me motivated)
Hi Flowerpower,
It's great to have someone on the forum who has taken Angart's seminar. He has an interesting approach. It seems that he has helped many people. I have no qualms with people making money off this "technology" if they are actually helping folks and give Bates adequate credit.
Fascinating that he says astigmatism is relatively easy to correct. It has been my experience that astigmatism is often the last to dissolve. Can you say anything about this?
Otto,
sorry I was on leave during holidays. I wish you and everyone else Happy New Year and Merry Christmas (for those who celebrate)!!!

Thanks for your supporting views of the paid courses. My opinion is similar. As with any other skill (riding horse, driving car, climbing the rope), some people just get into it quickly, some people need more training and help from other people, some people do need time to exercise it without any assistance, some people cannot ever do it. I must say I have a bit of dissapointment as it hasn't happened for me in one-two weeks as they are predicting, but that's it, I am not giving up as I am having progress.

Now, about astigmatism. Yes, it looks it's the easiest thing to fix by a few of these teachers I had a chance to read from, and they say along with fixing astigmatism it is fixing the other problems. I just beleived it and took it intuitively as truth based on their explanations of what the astigmatism is (and please take this just informally as it is just my understanding, I am into this just in last 4 months, and wouldn't consider myself as any expert on the topic - it is just I "feel" it right, it is logical for me, but as I still haven't gone thru all materials I found I consider myself in learining process, so this might chage. Also, thank you for this question as it is making me to stop and reconsider my newly built beliefs).

So, I understand the astigmatism is deformation of the lense (lense becomes elongated vertically or horisontally or diagonally under some angle, and in that angle the deformation is worse, for any distance) mostly caused on macro plan, macro muscles are not being used enough to move the eye in that direction. This may be due to wrong posture, ro too m uch squinting, or someemotional aspects (Janest Goodrich is explaining this). That's why you just easily increase big movements, like we do on tibetan chart, or following star or circles or spirales. That will help to bring the lens into round shape as it is natural. So I think you don't care here much about saccadic movement, conversion-diversion strength, mental activity /imagination and righ-left side of brain coordination, this is just macro muscels activity you need to increase. If any of other things happens even better, I would say saccadic movement of the eye in that angle of astigmatism (which are unconsious) will increase, I don't know, maybe something else will happen also. For me by doing these exercises for astigmatism (as I did more stress on those) my neck and shoulder muscles released of tension, that improved my balance feeling, I feel more safe in walking (stairs) and driving.

In my case for example, I have horisontal astigmatism, that means horisontal lines are blured, I see them doubled-tripled, and more gray, while I see vertical lines very clear and very black. I usually do exercises once a day in the evening and it takes me about 15 mins. And I immediately see improvement after maybe a few mins the lines are becoming clearer.

So, this is it as I understand it. If you have any objections plese do so as I also want to come closer to the truth. I beleive that more I know about how seeing is really functioning easier for me to accept doing excercises.

Cheers!
Just checking to see if you had any further progress with Leo Angart's methods. Thanks!!
Just checking to see if you had any further progress with Leo Angart's methods. Thanks!!
In his website appears on videos people saying that improve to natural vision in a couple of days...for me its only marketing.
But...i'm going try his exercises to see if it works.
I started last week his exercises. Someone here who try his method too wanna exchange tips ?

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now