MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
falling asleep while palming - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
falling asleep while palming - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Bates Method (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: falling asleep while palming (/showthread.php?tid=100)

falling asleep while palming - David - 06-13-2006

Andreas Wrote:Hi! I'm near-sighted and started with some exercises today (palming, sunning, zooming, swaying, blinking, shifting). One thing I noticed is that when I'm palming sometimes I almost fall asleep while doing it, is that a good thing?

Also I read about different ways to do the blinking exercises, one where you blinked a few times and then took deep breaths and one when you did them at the same time, do they have different purposes or doesnt it matter much how you do it?

I also have some problems doing the swings, anyone know a good guide about how to do them?

Hi Andreas,

People often bring that up, falling asleep while palming. Sometimes you really do need to sleep, but for the most part I see it as a habit. The only time you're used to relaxing a little, or moving into a different state of consciousness, is when you sleep (not that you always relax when you sleep). Your brainwave frequency lowers, and it's just basic conditioning that you follow it by going to sleep. So a good thing to do is to do certain Bates exercises like palming in the morning or during the day, not just in the evening or any other time you would have a chance to sleep afterwards, and you'll get used to relaxing without following it up with sleep. That'll get you used to doing so as an aspect of the day, not as preparation for sleep, and that's important because it's during the day that you need to relax and see.

Dave

Re: falling asleep while palming - Andreas - 06-14-2006

Thanks for the reply, it seems to happen during the day also, I dont fall asleep, before I do fall asleep I rrealize it and one part of my body like my hand gets tense automatically and keeps me awake.

But I think its because I just started to not use my glasses yesterday, I have used them or lenses for almost 2-3 years without almost not taking them off at all. And its really hard without them, especially when your vision is -5.5