MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
how create download link - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
how create download link - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: how create download link (/showthread.php?tid=1048)

how create download link - clarknight - 12-28-2008

To David.
I am selling a PDF E-book of my web site and other vision improvement stuff...
Have customers but do not know how to send them a 'download link' through email like you and Ester, (visions of joy) do when you sell me a ebook.
Can I do this myself with special software?
Or, do I need to join a book service?
Do some web hosting services provide this?

Re: how create download link - clarknight - 01-04-2009

No one is ansewering this.
I guess I have to search the web.
Very hard to find this software.

Re: how create download link - David - 01-04-2009

You just upload the file to your website via ftp. I don't think I understand the problem.

Dave

Re: how create download link - clarknight - 01-04-2009

I want to give the download link in the customers e-mail.
They just click the e-mail link and the file downloads without the customer going to the site.
Is there a way to link through email to a file on web site?
Maybe my web service the problem.
They say I need to make a password protected page, then can only have 5 customers, no more.

Re: how create download link - David - 01-04-2009

A link to a PDF is the same as a link to a web page. Just put the file name at the end of the link.

<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.domain.com/book.pdf">www.domain.com/book.pdf</a><!-- w -->

The only problem is most people have the Acrobat Reader plugin for their browser, so it opens the PDF without saving it to disk. That's why I put them in zip files.

Dave

Re: how create download link - clarknight - 01-05-2009

Thank you.
You and this site have been a great help to me.
If I ever sell big time i will send you a decent size donation.

I get people that read my website and want to buy the color changing angel lamp.
See lamp on page 25.
A friend makes them but he does it for fun and does not want to sell or give all details.
He does not have or want patent.
I refer readers to your Bates Method Store since you sell full spectrum lights.
I wonder if you tried to build this lamp if they would sell?
Natural Vision Improvement teachers sell color treatment but it cost alot.
The lamp is a do it yourself tool and cost much less.