MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
question about a noob and his glasses... - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
question about a noob and his glasses... - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Complementary Methods (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: question about a noob and his glasses... (/showthread.php?tid=1102)

question about a noob and his glasses... - IWantToSee - 03-09-2009

Ok im trying to ease the use of my glasses. they are -10 so you can imagine how hard it is for me in class and doing work. However when I am home doing work I would like to read without my glasses. Is this safe? I would be very close to my book if i took my glasses off. I did it yesterday and recieved some strain. Please help, thanks.

Re: question about a noob and his glasses... - otto - 03-10-2009

The strain won't kill you. You are probably straining close to that much throughout the day, anyways. You have a large hill to climb; you might as well start with your first steps.
Remember:
lots of light on the page;
find a comfortable, relaxed position (music stand might be really convenient);
blink ever so lightly;
give yourself a few minutes scanning the page in all directions without trying to read until something about the print seems darker or clearer;
last but not least,
follow your breath with your awareness.
p.s.: ...it's all about relaxation... Wink

Re: question about a noob and his glasses... - clarknight - 03-11-2009

Practice on fine and microscopic print and the vision will improve and plain print will be easy to see.
Bates Method - Better Eyesight Magazines.