MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
other exercises - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
other exercises - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Bates Method (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: other exercises (/showthread.php?tid=1123)

Pages: 1 2

other exercises - faithform - 04-19-2009

Hi. I tried many various of those exercises : swinging , swifting , palming and central-fixation, blinking. Noneone giving me good results.
Have you got a other exercices to upgrade eyesight ? I have no idea to try the same exercises.

Those exerciese I tested one week or more, with no results in start with snellen card and without it

Re: other exercises - Nancy - 04-19-2009

It's not a race. Take your time, take a few deep breaths, & just stand in front of the chart at a comfortable distance where you can see a few lines, just gazing at it softly. Are the letters black, or blurry gray? Scan around the letters softly, seeing smaller & smaller details. Swing or sway a bit, close your eyes, & come back to the chart. Be relaxed about it; don't rush. Where do you feel strain -- in your forehead, temples, jaw? Can you loosen it a bit? The chart will show you the current state of relaxation (or not) of your visual system, which is why we use it. All the exercises are merely tools to help you relax, not to "fix" your eyes. Rushing & grabbing at results will probably make your progress slower. Make it a game & have fun with it.

Re: other exercises - faithform - 04-21-2009

then what should i do ?

with snellen card i tried many diffrent various with those exersises.

Quote:Take your time, take a few deep breaths

Yes. If i do that, my eyes sees almost perfect... but if i save this state without blinking,then my eyes will pinch and hurt. When i blink a bit, eyes will back to -0.5.

With this predispodition, i learned how to see better in far and worse in close. In far object i can see double or triples sometimes images. In close too, but never in the long time in almost perfect (my record is 3hours but it wasnt relxing....) .
In all those variables, state isnt pernament.

I ask again, what should i do then ?

Re: other exercises - clarknight - 04-22-2009

Bates used some Behavioral Optometry: switching back and forth on a close fine print card and distant object, sign. bilboard...
Shift on the close object, then on the distant object, then close, distant, close...
Practice with both eyes, then one eye at a time, then both together again.
If vision is less clear in one eye practice a little more with that eye to get both eyes equally clear vision.
Use the memory and imagination; shift on a object and remember, imagine, see it clear with eyes open, then in imagination with eyes closed, then open again.
See chapters 13,14,15 http://www.cleareyesight.info.
New detailed 'secret switching method', chapter (eye doctors and most natural vision teachers dont teach) to be added in 2009 -2010.
Brings fast vision improvement.

Re: other exercises - faithform - 04-24-2009

I was switching too....

I havent idea for exercises. I was clear flash not often. Last clear flash i had got yesterday, but last-1 i had got some months ago.
Now im trying to improve my memory. I see much better balck when im thinking abot black letters, but this isnt pernament

What should i do then ?

Re: other exercises - blauw - 04-24-2009

faithform Wrote:Hi. I tried many various of those exercises : swinging , swifting , palming and central-fixation, blinking. Noneone giving me good results.
Have you got a other exercices to upgrade eyesight ? I have no idea to try the same exercises.

Those exerciese I tested one week or more, with no results in start with snellen card and without it

I don't think one will see dramatic results in one week. But then again I've only been doing this for 2.5 weeks and have been getting some clear flashes. But then it just goes back to "normal".....

Good luck, I hope you can reach your vision goal soon. Smile

Re: other exercises - clarknight - 04-24-2009

When you get a clear flash do you stop blinking, stop shifting in an attempt to hold onto the clear vision?
This will prevent continued flash of clear vision.
Relax, keep shifting, blink.
Let the flash come back on its own.

Re: other exercises - blauw - 04-24-2009

clarknight Wrote:When you get a clear flash do you stop blinking, stop shifting in an attempt to hold onto the clear vision?
This will prevent continued flash of clear vision.
Relax, keep shifting, blink.
Let the flash come back on its own.

Hi Clark Night,

I do continue to blink and it does hold for a few blinks then fades away... but usually something comes back later.

Which are the most useful exercises that will help cure the eyes?

Are you the Clark Night who runs the website <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.cleareyesight.info">www.cleareyesight.info</a><!-- w -->?

What was your vision at when you first started the Bates Method?

Thanks for your response. I'll keep shifting, relaxing and blinking! Smile

Re: other exercises - faithform - 04-25-2009

when i got clear flash I thourght I was switching bad it wasnt that.
Im looked to a one person , and go to other and i got clear flash i dont know how. I tried to do same again but without any results.

Quote:When you get a clear flash do you stop blinking, stop shifting in an attempt to hold onto the clear vision?

I did all swinging , switching and black dot remebering.

Re: other exercises - clarknight - 04-25-2009

I am the Clark from cleareyesight.info.
I find that practice of switching and shifting... on eye chart letters, any objects, all Bates methods; shifting, central fixation, memory/imagination, palming..., deep relaxation, posture, good diet improves my vision.
I practice, then let my eyes alone and clear vision just comes naturally. Just shift as a habit.
I had about 20/60 distant and clear close vision at times when in elementary school. Had glasses, hated them, threw them away and eyes got better, to 20/40-50. Also sat closer to the board in school so avoid squinting.
In high school found Huxleys book and improved vision to 20/20 and clearer. Just switching with shifting and deep relaxation. Nothing else!
At age 40 close vision blurred.
Thomas Quackenbush's Natural Vision Improvment class improved my close vision to better than 20/20 and improved distant to fine detailed, very clear, more than I knew was possible!
I still have fluxuations if I eat alot of sugar; chocolate while typing with incorrect posture (I cannot type without looking at the keys) and from a neck injury.
I will then quit the sugar, improve the posture best I can, do some physical therapy, practice some Bates activities and am back to better than 20/20.
Reading very small fine print in a relaxed state (deep or dynamic) really does keep close vision clear and it works something in the eye that also improves distant vision.

Re: other exercises - blauw - 04-25-2009

clarknight Wrote:I am the Clark from cleareyesight.info.
I find that practice of switching and shifting... on eye chart letters, any objects, all Bates methods; shifting, central fixation, memory/imagination, palming..., deep relaxation, posture, good diet improves my vision.
I practice, then let my eyes alone and clear vision just comes naturally. Just shift as a habit.
I had about 20/60 distant and clear close vision at times when in elementary school. Had glasses, hated them, threw them away and eyes got better, to 20/40-50. Also sat closer to the board in school so avoid squinting.
In high school found Huxleys book and improved vision to 20/20 and clearer. Just switching with shifting and deep relaxation. Nothing else!
Thomas Quackenbush's Natural Vision Improvment class improved my close vision to better than 20/20 and improved distant to fine detailed, very clear, more than I knew was possible!
I still have fluxuations if I eat alot of sugar; chocolate while typing with incorrect posture (I cannot type without looking at the keys) and from a neck injury.
I will then quit the sugar, improve the posture best I can, do some physical therapy, practice some Bates activities and am back to better than 20/20.
Reading very small fine print in a relaxed state (deep or dynamic) really does keep close vision clear and it works something in the eye that also improves distant vision.

Wow that is a real encouraging story. I will keep at it. Today I did a lot of shifting and blinking, mainly because I rode a trail to a Port town on Lake Erie..... and I got quite a lot of clear flashes. I was even able to notice deer and other creatures in the distance, and read things from farther away.

Re: other exercises - blauw - 05-05-2009

blauw Wrote:
clarknight Wrote:I am the Clark from cleareyesight.info.

Wow that is a real encouraging story. I will keep at it. Today I did a lot of shifting and blinking, mainly because I rode a trail to a Port town on Lake Erie..... and I got quite a lot of clear flashes. I was even able to notice deer and other creatures in the distance, and read things from farther away.

And yes I was riding my bike without glasses. I've never worn glasses that much. Infact I ditched them a while ago.

Lets hope the Bates Method can get me to my goal of about 20/60.

Re: other exercises - Mzero - 05-07-2009

Try to imitate yourself when your straining. I found this to be the best and easiest way to relaxation. It's really fun too.

Re: other exercises - clarknight - 05-08-2009

Try practicing correct vision habits: shifting, central fixation, remembering, imagining objects clear when you are on the verge of falling to sleep in the deeply relaxed alpha, theta states.
The correct eye function, clear vision will be programmed into your conscious and subconscious mind and occur automatically when you are awake.
The deep relaxation will also relax the brain, body, neck, eye muscles, eyes for increased vision improvement.

Re: other exercises - blauw - 06-09-2009

faithform Wrote:Hi. I tried many various of those exercises : swinging , swifting , palming and central-fixation, blinking. Noneone giving me good results.

I was just looking through the forum again and found this thread. Thought I'd respond again.

Central-Fixation should not be treated an exercise. It is a proper vision habit like shifting, blinking, universal swing, etc.

Take your time to. You strain trying to achieve quick results... as you tense yourself up and react the it not coming fast enough.

Good luck Faithform,
blauw