MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Rebuild Your Vision program - a scam - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
Rebuild Your Vision program - a scam - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Complementary Methods (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Rebuild Your Vision program - a scam (/showthread.php?tid=1129)

Pages: 1 2

Rebuild Your Vision program - a scam - blauw - 04-24-2009

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but I was scouring the web and found a posting on Yahoo Answers by a user named "Hydra".

Here is the link.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070613095340AANvG2l">http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 340AANvG2l</a><!-- m -->

I'm so glad I read this post.... It stopped me from thinking "Hey. Maybe if I order this program I will get close to 20/20 vision!" glad I won't be looking at that program anymore.

Although I visited the Rebuild Your Vision site and found that they had an exercise called "Distance Night" and it was the same thing as palming!

This is probably not new to everyone on here.

Re: Rebuild Your Vision program - a scam - Mrcondo - 06-12-2009

I personally test these sorts of things. Back in my 'amateur' days of eyesight correction, I ordered this; just like you said, as a "This will for sure get me 20/20!!" It may not exactly be a scam, but it definitely is cleverly put together. I did too, notice its' Distant Night being the same as Palming. I was extremely turned off by how off-essential it's principles were. I.e., Distant Night was only performed for 1-2 minutes each session. A principle for Sunning was not even included, and neither was Shifting.

Basically, the whole program was 20 minutes of zooming in and out your eyes. I did not feel like continuing the whole eye improvement thing, until I realized that Bates Method was different than eye "exercises."

However, I'm not agreeing with the Best Answer given on Yahoo answers provided your link. (I hope few actually do). I have a hard time believing that Science can debunk anything. Who is to say that something is not possible?

Re: Rebuild Your Vision program - a scam - blauw - 06-12-2009

Mrcondo Wrote:I personally test these sorts of things. Back in my 'amateur' days of eyesight correction, I ordered this; just like you said, as a "This will for sure get me 20/20!!" It may not exactly be a scam, but it definitely is cleverly put together. I did too, notice its' Distant Night being the same as Palming. I was extremely turned off by how off-essential it's principles were. I.e., Distant Night was only performed for 1-2 minutes each session. A principle for Sunning was not even included, and neither was Shifting.

Basically, the whole program was 20 minutes of zooming in and out your eyes. I did not feel like continuing the whole eye improvement thing, until I realized that Bates Method was different than eye "exercises."

However, I'm not agreeing with the Best Answer given on Yahoo answers provided your link. (I hope few actually do). I have a hard time believing that Science can debunk anything. Who is to say that something is not possible?

I don't agree with that best answer. I agree more with the answer by Hydra. Hydra states that they improved their vision.

I'm glad I chose the Bates Method instead. Today I had an awesome clear flash across the street (probably 70 or more feet, I was rather far back looking across the street) I could read on this sign the word CAUTION, and then there was something about blind people living on the street.

Good luck to all,
blauw

Re: Rebuild Your Vision program - a scam - Mrcondo - 06-12-2009

Blauw, thats nice! It's almost a figurative irony... You had a clear flash that allowed you to see a sign warning of blind folk.

Re: Rebuild Your Vision program - a scam - blauw - 06-14-2009

Mrcondo Wrote:Blauw, thats nice! It's almost a figurative irony... You had a clear flash that allowed you to see a sign warning of blind folk.

Indeed. It was actually quite amusing (its not fun to be blind, but you get it!). I hadn't really noticed at first and then all of a sudden I realized and thats when it left.... maybe I should have just not noticed.....

If you don't mind me asking what is your visual acuity?

blauw

Re: Rebuild Your Vision program - a scam - Mrcondo - 12-19-2009

Sorry, don't visit this forum much. Last reply was half a year ago.

Anyways my acuity is near 20/400. Not great, but hey- it's not 20/1000 like some people I know.

Re: Rebuild Your Vision program - a scam - Ares - 04-15-2010

Many programs are just recycled Bates' Method, edited to be more ideal, for those with "sensitive" ears.
You know what i mean. I mean the guys that when they hear about Sunning, will say: "Oh Sh#t, where this crazy dude came from? Auschwitz?"

So they change some things, cover some other, make explanations from some other and they may even put stuff like Psi Powers and Power of the Mind.
Then, they ask for your money, for something that can be found free.

There's no need to buy any program.
You must suggest to anyone you hear he has trouble with his eyes to stick with the Bates' method.

That's for the Program dealers.

And to all those doctor who say that Natural Vision Improvement is not working.
I challenge anyone for you to tell me who the hell i was a step away from retinal-detachment by following you, and how the hell i see with my Left Eye with -5.75, exactly what i was seeing while i was wearing a -10.

I know, you have governments that are caressing your sensitive heads, but that doesn't mean you are wright. It only proves that the money is BIG, and you don't care abut the patients. I am sorry for your blindness, but you are part of the problem.

That's for the "doctors" and to all the self-appointed protectors of the big money industry and human misery.

Re: Rebuild Your Vision program - a scam - David - 11-01-2010

Funny thing, the #2 Google search phrase (#1 being "iblindness.org") bringing traffic to this site is "rebuild your vision scam" and this thread.

Dave

Re: Rebuild Your Vision program - a scam - coba_aja - 03-30-2011

I believe that it is not a scam. Well it is the first program that i stunmbled upon on the internet while i search for eye training. I think it is a compilation of many method for eye training because it has many similarities with eye training that scaterred troughout the internet.

Re: Rebuild Your Vision program - a scam - Pikachu - 03-31-2011

@coba_aja: I don't think that the members who posted above were referring to it as a scam because it doesn't work. The main problem with that stuff is that they charge money for free information, or at least cheap information. And they use the concepts of vision improvement (not even all of them) to sell people on this idea that there's a "magic pill" that will cure all of their problems.

But again, most of this "secret information" is easily accessible either online or in written form in books. THAT's the deception that justifies calling it a "scam".

Re: Rebuild Your Vision program - a scam - Deliverance - 04-01-2011

coba_aja.

That program called "Rebuild Your Vision" is completely useless like many many others out around the net, I've tried this program when I first heard of N.V.I for first time,.I did that "eye excercises" for 2 months religiously and I get not improvement at all. There is not information about Central-Fixation-Relaxation-Palming, Sunning... In fact there you will find a lot of how to use eccentric fixation and switch close-far, and that is not the true N.V.I: The Bates Method.

Short: Don't waste your money and time in nonsense like that, read the original Bates' book, Better Eyesight Magazines, and the valued information here in Imagination Blindness.

Re: Rebuild Your Vision program - a scam - FIAT2LUX - 02-15-2012

Now obviously charging for free information is dumb, but what about Bates Method Practitioners? Bates himself "practiced" his method on others at his clinic for a fee and many today still teach one on one at rates from 20-200 dollars an hour. Does that really qualify as a scam if they can taylor the program for you from the point of view of someone in the know?

Re: Rebuild Your Vision program - a scam - Astralogic - 06-10-2012

Is this thread too old to reply to?

I have been planning on buying RYV for some time now, I was quite excited about it until I found this thread. I've decided to leave buying it for a while and work on the bates method instead.

Could someone tell me, does the bates method require the things that you get with RYV, like the eye patch and the string of beads?

Re: Rebuild Your Vision program - a scam - Astralogic - 06-10-2012

Is this thread too old to reply to?

I have been planning on buying RYV for some time now, I was quite excited about it until I found this thread. I've decided to leave buying it for a while and work on the bates method instead.

Could someone tell me, does the bates method require the things that you get with RYV, like the eye patch and the string of beads?

Re: Rebuild Your Vision program - a scam - Raj - 07-03-2012

It's annoying how whether eye exercises actually improve your vision is such a controversial topic. I've incorporated eye exercises into my daily routine starting today and hope I won't be wasting my time. Only time will tell, I guess.