MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Milk and health problems - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
Milk and health problems - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Milk and health problems (/showthread.php?tid=1160)

Milk and health problems - blauw - 05-20-2009

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.formerfatguy.com/articles/dont-drink-milk.asp">http://www.formerfatguy.com/articles/do ... k-milk.asp</a><!-- m -->

Read this page. It is scary.....

Does anyone here think that milk can be a bad thing for vision?

I'm cutting it out for my Bates Method journey.

Good luck to all,
blauw

Re: Milk and health problems - clarknight - 05-20-2009

I have heard for years that modern milk is not natural, causes lot of health problems.
I feel healthy: no sinus, ear, throat conjestion, when on a milk free diet but need to find other food for calcium, protein...and for my coffee substitute beverage.
Tried soy flour but get thyriod imbalance, iron loss, fatique, abdominal and foot pain on soy.
Now trying rice milk with B-12, organic yellow corn powder, barley flour... but it is expensive and sometimes loaded with sugar and does not dilute well in water.
Trying internet search for oat milk but hard to find. Chinese are selling these milk substitute powders, liquids with poison plastic based chemicals and other toxic additives. I cant rely on the govt. to prevent this getting into our food again.
Really want to find a decent beverage!

Re: Milk and health problems - blauw - 05-20-2009

clarknight Wrote:I have heard for years that modern milk is not natural, causes lot of health problems.
I feel healthy: no sinus, ear, throat conjestion, when on a milk free diet but need to find other food for calcium, protein...and for my coffee substitute beverage.
Tried soy flour but get thyriod imbalance, iron loss, fatique, abdominal and foot pain on soy.
Now trying rice milk with B-12, organic yellow corn powder, barley flour... but it is expensive and sometimes loaded with sugar and does not dilute well in water.
Trying internet search for oat milk but hard to find. Chinese are selling these milk substitute powders, liquids with poison plastic based chemicals and other toxic additives. I cant rely on the govt. to prevent this getting into our food again.
Really want to find a decent beverage!

I use to have a lot of milk daily. But after reading what was on that web page has alarmed me.

The milk a few generations ago that was straight from the natural cow would be much healthier then today.

Hopefully you can find a decent beverage.

blauw

Re: Milk and health problems - blauw - 05-20-2009

Here are some more No Milk website.

http://nomilk.com/
http://www.nowheat.com/grfx/nomilk/
http://www.milksucks.com/index2.asp

All these sites seem interesting.

I know I'm not drinking milk ever again.....

Re: Milk and health problems - allan101 - 11-21-2009

Hi Friends,
Milk is a part of almost every individual in the world. Have you ever given to thought to what health benefits can milk give. It is a complete health drink and contain almost all nutrients except for iron and vitamin C. Milk comes in various fat percentages which you can buy depending on your need. It is advisable for adults to opt for low fat varieties. The fat in milk harbors the fat soluble vitamins like Vitamin A and D. Vitamin A is very important for the immune system and therefore helps prevent poor vision and blindness. The potassium content in milk protects the heart and helps to maintain blood pressure and also for proper nerve transmission. Hence milk is heart friendly. It is also said to cut down the risk of cancers such as breast cancer and and colon cancer.

Re: Milk and health problems - Alexndre - 11-21-2009

Me too I was thinking that milk can have an impact on my sight but this week,I did more work than one could do in 10 weeks and I took a huge amount of chocolate milk and it has no bad influence on my sight at all.

Re: Milk and health problems - sorrisiblue - 11-23-2009

I would guess that the simple sugars and overprocessed flours in the cereal we eat with milk are much worse than the milk! Organic milk from cows that weren't pumped full of hormones and steroids would be a good start.

Since starting the Bates method, I became lactose intolerant, or at least raw milk intolerant. I found goats milk an ok substitute and goats milk yoghurt a great substitute!

time for bed!
sorrisi

Re: Milk and health problems - karljoesen - 02-19-2010

I usually drink a lot of milk daily I do not think that they can harm our health . From now I will be more careful when choosing milk products. Thank for your post.

Re: Milk and health problems - kel99 - 11-13-2010

I am an avid milk drinker, I grew up drinking milk everyday. But after reading the articles I somewhat got scared.. But I guess milk is not at all harmful to our health. It's up to us to take in milk in moderation and to always check the label for unwanted ingredients.

Re: Milk and health problems - otto - 11-14-2010

I think milk is important for babies and young children but beyond that it's unnatural to be drinking it. It's purpose is for early development. If people eat enough greens, raw greens such as kale, they will not be lacking for calcium. Green smoothies, people! It will change your life!
Don't believe everything the Dairy Council of America tells you. It doesn't "do a body good". In fact, that's why they had to stop using that slogan.

Re: Milk and health problems - otto - 11-14-2010

There is a good article called Does Milk Really Do The Body Good? Calcium and Protein: A Mixture For Disaster on the American Fitess Professionals & Associates website.

Quote:In February, 1995, the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine (PCRM) lodged a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission, stating that ads for milk and milk products are deceptive in that they imply that calcium in milk is the answer to the bone loss caused by osteoporosis.

PCRM holds that while calcium intake is important during early childhood and does influence bone mass, there are alternative sources, besides animal products, such as fruits, vegetables and grains to achieve our necessary calcium requirements of usable organic calcium. According to the research conducted by PCRM, milk consumption later in life actually contributes to calcium loss.

Research has demonstrated in countries with a lower animal calcium intake ( 1,200 mgs/day.14 PCRM urges women to control calcium loss in adulthood by exercise, reducing meat intake, reducing sodium intake and limiting caffeine and tobacco use. 15 Dr. Neal Barnard, M.D., president of PCRM, states that dairy ads give women a dangerously false sense of security”.

The PCRM further asseses that cow’s milk may cause diabetes, ovarian cancer, cataracts, iron deficiency, and allergies in both children & adults. Medical research also has made the association between cancer of the lymph system and the consumption of whole milk dairy products. 16,17 Whole milk and dairy products including milk, ice creasm, cheese contain fat soluble pesticides residues, sulfa drugs and antibiotics (the dairy industry labels this practice: BIO SECURITY) that have been linked to cancer in laboratory animals. 4,17,25

-http://www.afpafitness.com/articles/articles-and-newletters/research-articles-index/nutrition-wellness/does-milk-really-do-the-body-good-calcium-and-protein-a-mixture-for-disaster/

Re: Milk and health problems - otto - 11-15-2010

sorrisiblue Wrote:Since starting the Bates method, I became lactose intolerant, or at least raw milk intolerant. I found goats milk an ok substitute and goats milk yoghurt a great substitute!
"Raw milk" ? Do you mean unpasteurized? I now many people swear by unpasteurized milk as being the healthiest way to consume milk. Of course, it is illegal in U.S., so finding a source can be an issue and care must be taken to ensure it is fresh and uncontaminated. One of these days I'll try some...
Sorrisi, can you drink kefir? Maybe goat kefir? Great stuff!

Raw foodists know that raw almond milk is a easy, delicious, healthy alternative to cow's milk. I'm a raw granola cereal fiend and I don't even use any kind of milk and more, I just add enough water to get things soft and add a little raw agave nectar if it needs sweetening. (Frozen blueberries, organic thick cut oatmeal, buckwheat groats, sliced banana, broken up raw pecans- that's my uncooked cereal- tastes like a delicious cobbler that doesn't hurt one's stomach!
It's nice to live in Seattle where having a chicken coop in the backyard is trendy and "slow food" is all the rage.

Also, while on the topic of food and health and former fat guys, check out my friend Dave's website. 2 yeays ago he weighed 430lbs. He has lost 230 pounds through a raw food diet and reversed "terminal" "uncurable" health conditions.
http://therawfoodtrucker.com/
Very inspiring stuff indeed!!!

Re: Milk and health problems - Mihai_alexandru - 11-21-2010

Mercola is a quack.

Re: Milk and health problems - otto - 11-22-2010

Mihai_alexandru Wrote:Mercola is a quack.
I would have to agree. Things published on his sight should be read with a healthy dose of skepticism.
Like that sun tan lotion is more cancer causing than the sun.