MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Clear Flashes Get Clearer - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
Clear Flashes Get Clearer - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Bates Method (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Clear Flashes Get Clearer (/showthread.php?tid=123)

Pages: 1 2

Clear Flashes Get Clearer - elias - 07-09-2006

Hi,

I noticed that it might be useful if everybody posted their experiences about clear flashes. This might reduce the aspects of clear flashes which are not fully understood. Hear is mine:
I have started seeing clear flashes 10 days after starting the Bates method and, about three days after putting my glasses away. I have noticed that I am experiencing clearer flashes everyday. For example, my first clear flash was hardly 10/20, but my last one was very very close to 20/20. I made a visit to an optometrist and he evaluated my vision with the computer, it seemed that nothing had changed, although I could almost read all of signs on his test chart. I think that my eyes focus when looking at something at the distance, and when I go and sit behind the computer, they get back to their previous state. The question I have been to lately: "When do these clear flashes get stabilized?".
Another thing that I would like to mention is that when I blink just a little stronger and faster than my normal blinking, my vision gets always better and I see clearer, as I think this makes clear flashes happen, but I am not so sure though. Are these really clear flashes?
It seems that I am experiencing clearer flashes everyday, but they don't seem to get stable enough.

Re: Clear Flashes Get Clearer - David - 07-09-2006

Elias,

Hard blinks aren't "real" clear flashes. A rule of thumb for judging whether it's a real clear flash is asking yourself: Am I doing less or more to cause this? Because the idea is to stop any effort you're putting into seeing or making your vision clear, so that it can take control on its own.

Some vision teachers recommend these hard blinks as sort of a refreshing massage for the eyes, and while I understand it can sometimes be so, in general the practice is counterproductive to learning an effortless way of using the eyes. So what I'm suggesting is to never do it.

But a normal blink should be very quick, as quick as one beat of a hummingbird's wings. I've never really had problems with that, so I can't relate well, but I do note that I always shift away to another point when I blink.

Dave

Re: Clear Flashes Get Clearer - elias - 07-10-2006

Thanks for your explanation,

Just to mention that, my eyes did not see better with hard blinking before. I think that after doing, the exercises, and after the real flashes of clear vision  appear, hard blinking acts as a catalyzer.

But you are right, if I want to stabilze the clear flash I should avoid hard blinking, and let the eyes see by themselves.  Smile

Re: Clear Flashes Get Clearer - Bob - 07-10-2006

I must admit since I started trying to improve my vision last Thursday I have not had one of those flashes that I see a perfect 20/20. However, there is a comic mounted on the wall on my desk whose text I cannot read. Last Thursday when I started this I made up my mind that if I could ever read this comic I'd know my sight was improving.

Well, I was just covering my eyes with my palms, meaning my palms were covering my eyes, but I wasn't really Palming in that I was trying to visualize anything. Actually, I was feeling slightly discouraged because, though I've only been doing this for a few days, I'm tired of the world being blurry to me and constantly having to remember to move my focus around.

Anyway, I looked up from this position, not really thinking about anything and lo and behold I could read some of the text on the comic. Not all of it to be sure, and it's all very blurry, but I could read it.

I don't know if this is what is termed a "clear flash" or not, since it's certainly not clear. It's just very, very slightly clearer.

Bob

Re: Clear Flashes Get Clearer - bjsilva - 07-10-2006

∓quot;Bob"\ Wrote:I don't know if this is what is termed a "clear flash" or not, since it's certainly not clear. It's just very, very slightly clearer.
Bob

I think it qualifies as a clear flash. Clear flashes are not necessarily 20/20, just that your vision is notably clearer for a period of time before returning to blurry. It sounds like your palming session achieved enough relaxation in your eye muscles to clear up your vision a bit. That's exactly what you need. Don't be discouraged with your blurry vision though, but be patient with yourself!

Re: Clear Flashes Get Clearer - David - 07-12-2006

Sure, sounds good to me. The thing about feeling discouraged when palming or doing anything else is it's okay to feel that way, and in fact you need to acknowledge it and feel it, then think about how you'd like to be feeling or what would be more productive right now. The strain causing vision problems can be partly due to suppressed emotions, or a pattern of suppressing them. That's why a lot of people who wear glasses have eyes that look pretty dead - they've cut themselves off from the flow of life energy, which to me seems to be basically emotional energy. (my ideas on that might change slightly, but that's how I see it now)

Dave

Re: Clear Flashes Get Clearer - Bob - 07-13-2006

Thanks for the advice guys! I'm finding the emotional side of this journey more interesting than the visual side, in a way.

Sometimes, when I think shelving this idea of improving my vision until my life is less hecktic, and just wearing glasses in the mean time, it's the emotional aspects I've learned which stops me.

You see, I really don't mind wearing glasses, as far as the mechanics of it all goes. Most the people I work with wear glasses/contacts/have had lasik surgery. I myself have worn them for 34 years. So the visual aspects of corrective vision don't really bother me.

But in the very short time I've been trying this method it's the emotional benefits that attract me the most. When I think of putting my glasses back on I think, "Well, you will see more clearly, but you'll also be locking in all of the tension that you are now slowly sheding too." Of course I don't want that, so the glasses stay off.

I don't want to live like that. I didn't even realize how it affected me until I took my glasses off. Now I'm starting to see how it affects the people that I know and I wish they would join with me in slowly sheding this tension.

Sadly, not one person I've spoken too about this method believes it's true, so all their glasses are staying on. The exception is my wife, she not a total believer yet, but she is on her way. However, she doesn't need glasses anyway (though she did as a child) so for her it's a sort of moot idea.

Anyway, there it is . . .

Bob

Re: Clear Flashes Get Clearer - David - 07-14-2006

Yep, it's the people who don't wear glasses who are more open to the idea. They don't have an investment in the old idea that glasses are necessary and safe.

And they may be more likely to notice the strain that glasses wearers are continually under. It really hasn't gone unnoticed by society at all - it just isn't understood intellectually. There's a reason that glasses-wearers are stereotyped as nerdy, with certain ways of thinking, walking, a blocked throat chakra, etc.

Dave

Re: Clear Flashes Get Clearer - Guest - 07-15-2006

Quote:Another thing that I would like to mention is that when I blink just a little stronger and faster than my normal blinking, my vision gets always better and I see clearer, as I think this makes clear flashes happen, but I am not so sure though. Are these really clear flashes?

Hello Elias,
I can understand you very well. I know that phenomenon too, because I'm "practicing" it more often than I should do. This hard blinks are much more slowly than a normal blink as a normal blink should be as quick as one beat of a hummingbird's wings like Dave said.
I don't really know how this hard blinking works to make the sight clearer for a short time but it would be interesting to ask whether long-sighted people can practice this too. I could imagine that only people with myopia can use this hard blinking to make the eyesight cle<rer. If someone with presbyopia does that too, I'm wrong.
My theorie is that hard blinking potentially "flattens" the lens or the eye on its foreward side. Perhaps this has the effect like a lens that points the flashes more backwards on the retina...Perhaps you think now I'm an idiot but I am no doctor and I can't explane my thoughts that well but I could imagine that my theorie is not far from the truth.
Anyway...hard blinking works, but it's no good, I think.  Smile

Re: Clear Flashes Get Clearer - David - 07-15-2006

Truper,

Yes, I'm thinking along the same lines of the cornea being flattened or something, and I also don't have an answer as to whether it works with farsighted people, but I suspect the same as you. So someone speak up and tell us!

Dave

Re: Clear Flashes Get Clearer - elias - 07-15-2006

Dear Friends,

I have been to a vacation lately and I practised central fixation and swinging so much. When I was returning from my vacation, I practised in the car, by realizing the movement of the cars, imagining a black period on all of the black objects, blacker than the object is, and so on.

Suddenly I felt a really weird sensation, I had extreme pain on my right eye, my lip muscles were acting strangely, my jaw was being pulled backward, my sinus area had a fuzzy sensation! This was so that I could hardly hold my eyes open. Realization of the movements played a significant role.

After that I went to my eye chart, and I read 18/15! when a clear flash came. I was really surprised. I have still weird sensations on my face.

About the hard blinking, I don't really mean HARD blinking. I mean, slightly hard, very slightly, and fast. And I don't think that it can flatten the lens or so, because most of the time I see clearer moments after doing the blinking. I could not do that before. I mean I cloud not see better when doing this before I started the Bates exercises, and it has improved a lot. I basically think that this kind of blink stimulates the nerves or the eye somehow and makes the eye focus correctly.

Elias,

Re: Clear Flashes Get Clearer - spydermann - 04-17-2010

David Wrote:here's a reason that glasses-wearers are stereotyped as nerdy, with certain ways of thinking, walking, a blocked throat chakra, etc.

Dave

haha, what are some symptoms of a nerdy blocked throat chakra?

Re: Clear Flashes Get Clearer - Summon-Pretty-Peace - 04-17-2010

spydermann Wrote:haha, what are some symptoms of a nerdy blocked throat chakra?
From what I understand, it has to do with difficulty speaking up for oneself, and a fear of the truth, whether it's lying to other people or hiding the truth from yourself.

Bob Wrote:I must admit since I started trying to improve my vision last Thursday I have not had one of those flashes that I see a perfect 20/20. However, there is a comic mounted on the wall on my desk whose text I cannot read. Last Thursday when I started this I made up my mind that if I could ever read this comic I'd know my sight was improving.
I find that interesting. A number of people on this forum have said that they've chosen particular meaningful objects mounted on their walls, and then strive to see them clearly. I must say I've also done that too. I wonder if that really helps motivate us learn to see better?

Re: Clear Flashes Get Clearer - David - 04-20-2010

spydermann Wrote:
David Wrote:here's a reason that glasses-wearers are stereotyped as nerdy, with certain ways of thinking, walking, a blocked throat chakra, etc.

Dave

haha, what are some symptoms of a nerdy blocked throat chakra?

I don't know, but Summon's explanation sounds interesting. I should have just said tension in the neck and particularly trapezius muscles.

Dave

Re: Clear Flashes Get Clearer - Ares - 04-20-2010

I have much tension in trapezoids muscles.
Before i start Bates' even a little pressure there hurt very much.
Mow is better.

And if clear flashes can get clearer and clearer, i understand that this means that they can be a bit of clearness in your current condition. Like temporary fall from -6 to -5 or -4.
I have that stuff all the time, but i didn't that they count as clear flashes.