MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Three cups Accommodation exercise - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
Three cups Accommodation exercise - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Bates Method (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Three cups Accommodation exercise (/showthread.php?tid=1251)

Pages: 1 2 3

Re: Three cups Accommodation exercise - Determined - 10-03-2010

i notice that i am able to converge easily, at will

however, diverging is more difficult for me. I can diverge if there is a distant object. I cannot diverge if there is no distant object.

This is interesting because i have myopia. I would be interested to know if someone with hyperopia (long sighted) experiences the opposite (easy to diverge, hard to converge.)

Re: Three cups Accommodation exercise - Nancy - 10-04-2010

Determined, hi. I'm the same, but not all myopes are. See my blog post today with my experience on this and some related info.

Re: Three cups Accommodation exercise - clarknight - 10-05-2010

http://www.cleareyesight.info/id103.html
This is everything I have experienced with 3-cups and other Fusion 3-D Images.
Any ideas? I did not want to totally discredit it since alot of people on here, some Behavioral Optometrists and Natural Vision Improvement Teachers seem to like it and in the past (1996) a form of this helped me and was easy, fun.

Re: Three cups Accommodation exercise - hammer - 10-05-2010

It seems like nobody really understands why these 3-cups should actually work, and if you don't understand how it should work then you better do something else that you to 99,999% understand should work instead. Because, getting perfect sight is not about trial and error, you need to do the right things in order to save time, otherwise it will take to long time before you see any results, because you really have to know and understand how you shall exercise in order to improve your vision, there is no laboratory, at least not for me, so you better read Daves thread about looking at details instead. Personally I think it has to do with massage which you will get naturally while looking at details that interests you.

Re: Three cups Accommodation exercise - clarknight - 10-05-2010

I find that the 3-cups prevents looking at details, central fixation, shifting... Thats one reason I dont like it.

Re: Three cups Accommodation exercise - hammer - 10-06-2010

clarknight Wrote:I find that the 3-cups prevents looking at details, central fixation, shifting... Thats one reason I dont like it.

Clarknight, I also got this feeling that you have.
I don't think it is beneficial to use the 3-cups image to exercise some kind of pumping exercise in the long run, because it is not natural and it is thus going to fail for most people, because the mind don't like this unnatural pumping and the mind is the master of the vision system so you better see to that the mind is excited because the mind wants to be master.
Despite this I anyway think the 3-cups are interesting in some kind of way, but it has nothing to do with forming the eyeball according to the puzzled intention, because instead you can use the 3-cups as just a quick test, because if you can imagine distance in your mind then it is very easy to master the accomodation needed to see the 3D cases in the 3-cup image, it should be very easy to see the both 3D images (i.e. diverge and converge) depending on distance, otherwise your mind is not in balance. So if you cannot see anything in the 3-cups image, then it is because your mind is completely puzzled, paralysed, freezed and it is thus easy to understand why the mind creates strain as the mind don't follow the direction of relaxation. So just continue with Bates (looking at details, central fixation, shifting, ... ), but I think you should pay attention to the mind aspects.

Re: Three cups Accommodation exercise - clarknight - 10-06-2010

Thank you.
I am keeping these 3-D images on the website but with warnings to do only as a test for 1-3 seconds once only, if at all, or if any strain is felt, stop using it. I too find it interesting. I found no trouble forming the image, but got hooked on playing with it as a game, repeating it and thats when the cross eye like images happened the next day. Weird? Like the brain got confused and stuck the eye muscles, mind at one distance or one eye more at one distance. Creepy! Better now after 10 days but still tiny after effects. Palming helped, Davids advice on not forcing the eye to move correct helped: stayed patient, relax, shift, details without worring about the condition and it seems to resolve.

Clark

Re: Three cups Accommodation exercise - clarknight - 10-13-2010

I now am sure of this: extreme muscle tension, pinched or injured, pressure on nerves in the neck, neck vertebrae mis-alignment and sunis conjestion can goof up the eyes divergence and cause other vision problems. Made my left eye slower to diverge, 1 second of double vision until background distant images fuse togetherwhen looking to distance.
Left arm numb from using mouse with that arm and left eye effected by that? Better when use right mouse hand but then other neck strain. I think the computer, when over done, can mess up the neck muscles...and vision 3-Cups may have brought this out, magnified it. Good in a way, brought my attention to it so can correct physical aspect of the problem.
Who is the lady that cleared her sinus with the 3-cups? I think it does affect sinus.

CLark

Re: Three cups Accommodation exercise - clarknight - 10-14-2010

I think I remember posting here in the past that I wish God would have me experience Strabismus (and then cure me) so I can be experienced and be a good teacher to help people be cured from this condition.
Today I still have divergence condition. Some days better, some days condition returns. Workng on it. Never had this until a bad chiroractor worked on my neck. Did not need neck worked on, they did it as routine treatment. Went in for only muscle tension in back.
Beware dishonest chiropactors. Going to try new doc and 2 weeks no computer.

If God helps me cure this, my next wish is: Blindness; If he/she will cure this too, I can cure others.

Re: Three cups Accommodation exercise - FlowerPower - 10-17-2010

HELLO AND THANKS
------------------------------
Hi, I want to first of all thank to everyone commenting here and trying the exercise and providing feedback. I think it is very important to know what is good for our eyes. Especially when there is so much wrong around us. As it has been noticed this type of exercise helps, but we need more practice and research to see why and how exactly is this helping.

DO IT EFFORTLESSLY
--------------------------
The other thing I want to stress, as I see some of you are having pain, which I am really sorry to hear, is that all the work needs to be done EFFORTLESSLY, the same way the NVI teachers are lecturing. Do not ever forget that.

I get headaches and blurred vision at the end of my day spent in front of computer. It is not because there is something wrong with my computer or I shouldn't be there all day long (hello, I am sorry, but I'd rather spend my career in front of computer). The reason for pain in eyes is exactly as am not seeing effortlessly. Due to all of that focusing and hard concentration in my work, I do overfocus with eyes. I do not stretch my eye muscles and it becomes painful (the same way as I do not strech my legs and I am now having cramps in my legs, and big veins -- ) I know I shouldn't be doing this but it's a habit. I should start changing my habits but am not doing much for now.

So, I am presenting this as an example and want to send you a message: Do strech your body to avoid health problems - and this includes Eyes.

This is how I see this exercise as good eyerobics, so to say.

Strabismus and 3cups exercise
----------------------------------
I don't see why would it be forbiden for cross-eyed people. They are the same as all other poor-vision-people. My eyes to not meet in my focus point, but I am not cross-eyed. As I see in strubismus the eye axes are just meeting (crossing) behind your face. The mutual goal for everyone is to make them cros in one dot in front of your face. So, therefore they may be puting more effort when creating 3D image but I am not sure...

Clear vision
-----------
After you create the 3D image the vision really becomes clearer.

USAGE
---------------
Amazingly, but I am finding usage of divergence as in 3D images - It is nicelly described from the author of photoreading, when they are browsing thru the book -- reading -- they diverge. They have some explanations that it opens the way to the hard drive memory, you know it but you are not conscious, etc... I haven't researched a lot but whoever wants it sounds very interesting.

AURAS
----------------
I have read that it does soemthing to your aura whan your eyes are in state conevrgence/divergence, it makes it bigger, as when you are relaxing, meditating, not over focusing, so this should be stress releaver. Also, some of those who can see auras are expalining the same process we do in 3D images viewing, or it is our 3cups exercise.

shortsigted - easily converge; longsighted - easily diverge
-------------------------------------------------------------------
I've discussed with people and this seems to be true.

neck tension and clear vision
--------------------------------
I also noticed I can see better if my head is supported, and there is no tension in my neck. I would say I have very bad posture, and am definitivelly sure it is affecting vision. Not in 3cups though, but I accept this very possible. I am so stiff in neck and shoulders - but haven't started chiropractors, I am not sure in them.

what do we do?
-----------------------
I think in this exercise we practice how to pull with our external muscles to bring the axes of both eyes more parallel or crossed. There was someone asking what's happening if the words "SEEING" do not line up. Well, that means one or both eyes have to pull more or less. Lining up is your goal and then the workout is what you will practice and use in your normal vision.
I get pain somethimes if I overdo, I have lots of stiff face muscles. I think it is very good to combine with PALMING. Have session of viewing, 10 or 50 diverge/convergence, and then a 2 mins of Palming, or add sunning. Combine the 3cubs with breathin, like in meditaion. that is what Liberman is teaching.

DO NOT EVER FOGET DR. BATES
----------------------------------------
then all the exercises are good vision habits, should be part of your life.etc...
After a few month of 3cups eyerobics, then was I able to feel those Dr. Bates exercises working (shifting, edging, palming, swing, visualization). I opened my eyes with 3cups.

All the best and let's bring to the world vision improvment techniques together!

Re: Three cups Accommodation exercise - JMartinC4 - 10-18-2010

FlowerPower Wrote:i am trying to upload the image:
[Image: 3cupswithseeing.jpg]
ok this worked. Thansk Commandos, I was copying your code... So, I undersood for Leo this needs to be seen with the two words SEEING aligned. Initally my were shifted, but with exercise I can somehow move the shifted one and align. And do not forget: NO STRAIN. If you feel pain you are doing wrong and with strain and that is not goo dfor vision. I enjoy also emotionally very much, and physiscally I feel some sensation of eyes reviving, even my synuses clear.All the best !

Although this seems like a great exercise, I don't know why the eyeball circles are offset, and why the words 'SEEING' are not perfectly aligned. Is there an explanation for those?
Such exercises it seems to me, and as I've tried to explain, are a method of informing the mind that it is not receiving equal input from each eye, and what a good binocular, stereoscopic image should look like, so that it can begin to recoordinate and resynchronize the eyes.
But these pictures, being slightly skewed, makes creating the imaginary combined image more difficult.
Since they are not depth images to begin with, the effect is not the same as looking at the stereoscopic twin photos posted elsewere.
I have had much better success using my twin Snellen, perfectly aligned and separated - but I think this is a great idea too, and will see if I can redraw it for my use.

Re: Three cups Accommodation exercise - ambok22 - 03-02-2011

having exercise 5 times a week makes us body go healthy. . .

Re: Three cups Accommodation exercise - hammer - 09-26-2011

clarknight Wrote:I find that the 3-cups prevents looking at details, central fixation, shifting... Thats one reason I dont like it.

I have one aspect concerning this, it has gone a while now and I thought about it once more.
I noticed that you actually CAN use the 3-cups in a different way such that you can look at details, use central fixation and shifting. You focus on far distance through the circles and you can shift focus from for instance the outer circle to the deeper inner circle, thus calibrating the visual system in 3D. It becomes very evident that the memory/imagination of good vision affects the ability to relax in this calibration exercise.
I for instance imagine when I looked out over the sea at the horizon,
because I grew up not far from the sea so I have a lot of visual memories from this.
But anyway as I am nearsighted I don't cross the eyes to focus at near distance on the 3-cups thus, because my eyes were exhausted by doing so, because I did focus on near distance for too long and the my eyes were misaligned, but due to the poor self awareness I didn't get it, and thus my eyes needed rest in a far distance rest position instead, because this need of resting the eyes once misaligned my eyes, thus on the way to cure the eyes were caught in a misaligned habit due to the glasses.
I also noticed that I can imagine the third circle, close my eyes, imagine the circle, shift around in imagination, and when I open my eyes I don't have to adjust focus, because it is already a DEFAULT focus of the rest position.

Thus, I still think 3-cups is good if you want to calibrate your DEFAULT far distance rest position and the 3D awareness.

I have to say that I have not tried this out completely though so I cannot say if I am right in reality, but in my theory world I think I am right at least.

It would be nice to hear if someone out there agrees with me, so I can continue exercising 3-cups in this way with some more confidence ?