MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Can one really see auras? - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
Can one really see auras? - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Bates Method (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Can one really see auras? (/showthread.php?tid=1376)

Can one really see auras? - FlowerPower - 12-16-2009

Is anyone here really able to see auras?

I was very fascinated of what Liberman is saying in his book (Take off your glasses and see). Everything makes sense, I tried and is real, helps vision, starting with blinking and breathing. Then he mentions that every person is able to auras, we all can learn to do it. So, I am curious if anyone of you there has done it, can see auras?

I have tried, and can see a light line around person's head. But am not sure if that's it. The technique I use is similar to viewing 3D images or as we call it 3cups exercise. Or is similar to Bates' exericse of looking into blank wall for relaxation. Yes, this all is very relaxing. When I achive to see that glowing line around people's heads I feel deeply relaxed and my vision improved.

Has anyone experienced something similar, or at least does anyone have any ideas whats' going on?

Re: Can one really see auras? - Summon-Pretty-Peace - 12-16-2009

I was actually thinking about this in relation to Bates as well! In my (inexperienced) opinion, I don't believe in auras. Believers claim that ripping a leaf and taking a Kirlian photo of it shows it intact, but there are scientific reasons for this, and experimenters have noted that when a new photography plate is used, the photo shows the leaf exactly the way it is.

I've heard some alternative explanations for aura sightings, such as the fact that the viewer has synesthesia, and that all humans emit a soft glow because of their metabolic processes.

And also, a lot of the weird exercises that show up on the internet seem to involve staring, and we all know what staring can do. Smile

Re: Can one really see auras? - JMartinC4 - 12-17-2009

This thread should probably be moved to the Off Topic Discussion area. I doubt Dr. Bates had anything to do with seeing 'auras'. Myopes see blurry 'auras' all the time everywhere - they're the opposite of clear vision!

Summon-Pretty-Peace Wrote:I was actually thinking about this in relation to Bates as well! In my (inexperienced) opinion, I don't believe in auras. Believers claim that ripping a leaf and taking a Kirlian photo of it shows it intact, but there are scientific reasons for this, and experimenters have noted that when a new photography plate is used, the photo shows the leaf exactly the way it is.

I've heard some alternative explanations for aura sightings, such as the fact that the viewer has synesthesia, and that all humans emit a soft glow because of their metabolic processes.

And also, a lot of the weird exercises that show up on the internet seem to involve staring, and we all know what staring can do. Smile

Re: Can one really see auras? - Alexndre - 12-17-2009

Hi everyone!
Are you talking of the halos around black letters? If it's that, it's simply central fixation. The letter that you look looks blacker than the others and the white around it should looks whiter too.

Re: Can one really see auras? - isee - 12-17-2009

FlowerPower Wrote:Is anyone here really able to see auras?

I was very fascinated of what Liberman is saying in his book (Take off your glasses and see). Everything makes sense, I tried and is real, helps vision, starting with blinking and breathing. Then he mentions that every person is able to auras, we all can learn to do it. So, I am curious if anyone of you there has done it, can see auras?

I have tried, and can see a light line around person's head. But am not sure if that's it. The technique I use is similar to viewing 3D images or as we call it 3cups exercise. Or is similar to Bates' exericse of looking into blank wall for relaxation. Yes, this all is very relaxing. When I achive to see that glowing line around people's heads I feel deeply relaxed and my vision improved.

Has anyone experienced something similar, or at least does anyone have any ideas whats' going on?

Good timing. I'm glad someone posted this here. Last week when I went to see my professor after 1 year or not seeing him, he seemed very excited to see me. I didn't have my glasses on, but I could see the blurry glow around his head and around his body. I could even feel several invisible particles shooting into my eyes, which made me blink many times. HIs excitement made me excited as well. I swear I'm not making any of this up. Believe me, this was all true.

Re: Can one really see auras? - clarknight - 12-19-2009

I can see a white glow around mountains, trees on the blue sky, letters on eyechart, printed page.
Appears when I shift away from the object, back to it, away.
Once seen a red aura around a man on the street.
Saw a murky green arua around a man that was ill and read in a book on auras that color is sign of weak health.

Re: Can one really see auras? - JMartinC4 - 12-19-2009

clarknight Wrote:I can see a white glow around mountains, trees on the blue sky, letters on eyechart, printed page.
Appears when I shift away from the object, back to it, away.
Once seen a red aura around a man on the street.
Saw a murky green arua around a man that was ill and read in a book on auras that color is sign of weak health.

Sounds like you need to practice more Bates Methodology - maybe supplement it with one or more of my styrofoam cup notched unlabeled CD reflector training devices? I don't ever want to see 'auras' or read palms or practice phrenology or see into the future or or do astrology or any of the discredited magical pseudo-sciences. Except for fun, maybe. I sure don't want to hear messages from God. That's crazy useless abnormal crap. Are you guys trying to be magicians or something? Smile :-\ ???

Re: Can one really see auras? - Blue eyes - 12-19-2009

Hi FlowerPower

I am an engineer and have been wearing glasses for about 35 years. Now that I have started NVI have been recently surprised to find that for me its easier to see auras without glasses then with them on. I think that this is due to the way that myopics diffuse our vision as this is the best way of looking at an aura. If you look straight at it then it will disappear.

So it appears then that if you Central Fixatate then you won't get to view auras.

Re: Can one really see auras? - FlowerPower - 12-20-2009

Thank you all, my dear, dear friends, (I really do feel all of you as very good friends after this last year of dwelling into vision improvement realm).
Thank you for all beautifull answers, they are though understandably different.
I'll try to answer each, without naming the person who submitted the question, but hopefully will cover the topic with what I know.
Yes, you are right: Dr. Bates does not directly teach about auras, (or at least not as fas as I know), and I was initially fearing and thinking to put this post in other category, but still I think is connected with his teaching. The feeling of relaxing my eyes when trying to see auras is the same as feeling or sensation of relaxation I have when looking into blank wall (the one I have at home is white) and that is Dr. Bates' teaching, relax while looking into one color wall. I have tried that and the vision really improves because the strain goes away. As Dr. Bates explain this phenomena this is "NOT TRYING TO SEE". I have the same exeprience when trying to see auras, or actaully I am seeing some white line of glow but I think I have a lot to learn.
I am not talking here about the glare or blur around letters.
This is not any magic, it's true. Starting with Liberman who explains this and he is Dr optometris converted to Natural Vision Teacher, then every psycic will tell you they can see auras, then I run on the information when googling for auras in last month, Nikola Tesla who was well prooved scientis was the first to start recording auras. I belive there is a lot of scientific proves for this. And if you think we are having lots of fluid and human bodies are conductors of electiracal current, brain activities are electiracl impulses that can be recorded as EEG, then there must be some electro-magnetical field aroud us. Here you can guess I am an enginer as well and wouldn't just go an belive everything (not astrology or palms reading etc.), but this sounds very logical.

And in relation to auras I'll give you this, hopefully you'll find some use of this as I did:

I also learned (from Liberman and then he refers to Open Focus idea by Les Fehmi, but I am sure many others are on this course) that vision has two aspects as well as our brain, one is linear seeing, seeing of details that is under left brain control and the spatial, relational that is under right brain control. And this is valid for the thinking as well. Now what happens when in linear mode that is so-called emergenncy mode, that's the mode of focusing, analysing, this mode needs lots of energy. In our overuse of this mode the vision blur comes as well as shut down of our other senses, we overfocus on things that we do or need to do. As opposed to this, the spatial mode brings relaxation, doesn't use energy, but it refreshes you, you are seeing all the things with equal meaning, there is no strain. Liberman in his book leads thru such an exercise that I tried and really works. Does similar as looking into blank wall. Somewhere here is seeing auras as well, I would explain this with spatial seeing, and that is true I also noticed you do not see it where you are looking, or you can say if you try to see it it dissapears.. Aura is not thing, it is space. Seeing space, and it doesn't need staring but spatial seeing
Open Focus in relation to this teaches attention, and it sooo much helps in vision improvement. And it mentions Dr. Bates as just having some techniques to achieve this: not oevrfocusing on seeing, as it shuts it down. Just relax and try not to try to see, let it happen.
Isn't that what Dr. Bates is teaching???!!!!
I am personally so amazed how he (Dr Bates) noticed these things about vision, they are so simple and so true. I even can't believe todays Optometrists are negating this.

I feel so deeply with every person hiding behind glasses. Most of my friends in glasses are telling me they are OK with glasses, but me and I hope you, my friends as well, know how deep relief it is to have them removed and enjoy being part of this life not just watching it thru glass as separate.

And at the end I am so eager to hear your thoughts on this, I think this is our future, learn to see saptial, then it is improving...

What do you think?

All the best and MErry Christams And Happy New Year!

Re: Can one really see auras? - clarknight - 12-21-2009

There is more to life than the physical body. Some people want to grow on all levels.
See - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoZWOLWnQkw

Re: Can one really see auras? - Blue eyes - 12-22-2009

Yes auras are real however cannot be easily seen by the naked eye. The glow that I think you are seeing is the first or etheric layer which extends an inch or two outside the body. This acts as a template for the physical body although other layers may be more associated with vision issues such as the emotional or mental aura layers. I find it easier to feel an aura with my palm then actually see it.

I agree with your analysis that we have an electro-magnetic field around us. This manifests as a spiritual component to our being which is latched on by many religions.

One interesting aspect of this is that this field is a form of consciousness which can be influenced with the mind using mixtures of attention, intention and awareness to achieve levels of healing. For example palming can be considered as a form of self healing.

Looks like your guy has another slant of all this.

Re: Can one really see auras? - FlowerPower - 12-22-2009

Thanks, Clark. It's really interesting. I became curious to get more information on Robert Monroe's work, just is not easy there is no materials available here in libraries.

Re: Can one really see auras? - Blue eyes - 12-26-2009

You can get more info on Robert Monroes work by a sceptic who followed his process and documented her experiences

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.amazon.com/Suddenly-Psychic-Skeptics-Maureen-Caudill/dp/1571745017">http://www.amazon.com/Suddenly-Psychic- ... 1571745017</a><!-- m -->

Getting to see auras won't fix your eyes though.

The link here is relaxation of the mind because once you have leant how to do that properly then you can start working on fixng your eyes. And that takes time.

Re: Can one really see auras? - clarknight - 12-29-2009

I was reading in Dion Fortunes book: 'The secrets of Dr. Tavener' that to see a persons aura, look beyond the person, behind him as if looking through him. As long as the eyes dont stare alot - that would go against Bates teaching.