MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
So I got my first clear flash - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
So I got my first clear flash - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Bates Method (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: So I got my first clear flash (/showthread.php?tid=1438)

So I got my first clear flash - frnden - 03-12-2010

After 2 weeks, I got a clear flash. I'm just wondering, are they supposed to come after blinking? I looked down, looked up and realized i had like 20/20 vision from -3.5 in each eye. I was sure this was not caused by tears this time, however when I slightly blinked again it was gone. What exactly changed in the eye when I blinked? Nothing felt different

Re: So I got my first clear flash - Nancy - 03-12-2010

Ha! Congratulations! What happened is that your visual system temporarily relaxed -- this is your natural vision. It's up to you now to notice how you're seeing and where the strain is, so you can let go of it, or maybe find a teacher to observe you. People strain in different ways, but the result is the same: blur.

Re: So I got my first clear flash - Ares - 03-20-2010

When you are blinking, not before, not after, you are causing the same effect as pinhole glasses. Only a small amount of light passes and you see better. But this is irrelevant with clear flashes.

You the blinking relaxed your eyes, then you will have the flashes.

But, if you blinking to cause them yourself, i don't think it will work.

I remember having flashes, many times, when i heaved forget about my eyes, and my memory along with my imagination where temporally improved.

If you found what conditions caused the flashes, and you can remake them at will, you are in a very good way. Wink

What is wrong, is probably that you produced strain when you realized that you have clear vision or something similar. It happens all the time, don't worry.
If you read the Bates Method Books and magazines, you will found many similar cases if i remember correctly...

Re: So I got my first clear flash - JMartinC4 - 03-20-2010

Last summer I was using artificial tears every day. It occurred to me that we probably over-clean our eyes, wiping away a protective film which also assists in our focusing. I know my parents were often telling me and my siblings to 'stop that crying' or 'I'll give you something to cry about', 'you're not using the good eyes god gave you' (my Mom - the only one with 20/20), etcetera (they were very loving parents but would get exasperated with us six kids I suppose). I remember a college psych professor describing how when he got into his late 40s he started waking up with a lot of 'gunk' in his eyes that he had to keep washing out. Then he became presbyopic. He seemed unhappy about it. Now if my eyes feel dry or itchy, I wipe them with a wet spittled-knuckle only. Or splash cold water on them. I don't doubt that it takes time to rebuild that protective focusing film - maybe a combination of tears and oil from a little gland in the eyelids. My vision has been steadily improving, reversing my myopia. But I am also benefiting from being in my 50s - supposedly there are some age-related vision improvements for myopes who don't wear their glasses, that occur due to aging of the eyes, etc. Another problem is that of learning to perceive my intraocular debris, to gain some control over it, and then to ignore it. Never give up. Never surrender. Smile 8) :Smile

frnden Wrote:After 2 weeks, I got a clear flash. I'm just wondering, are they supposed to come after blinking? I looked down, looked up and realized i had like 20/20 vision from -3.5 in each eye. I was sure this was not caused by tears this time, however when I slightly blinked again it was gone. What exactly changed in the eye when I blinked? Nothing felt different