MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Becoming a Bates Method Teacher - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
Becoming a Bates Method Teacher - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Bates Method (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Becoming a Bates Method Teacher (/showthread.php?tid=1454)

Pages: 1 2

Re: Becoming a Bates Method Teacher - Nancy - 04-12-2010

JMartinC4 thanks -- this is great information. I was born in 1950 with forceps when my mother was completely unconscious because of being drugged, so I've already done some work around losing that initial bonding period and coming into this world terrified, a cold clamp firmly around my head and face. I'd forgotten about the silver nitrate, and never thought of the 2 different eyes' reaction from getting it first or not. Information is power, and I totally believe in the ability to heal from just about anything. You've given me more vision meditation material -- thanks again.

Re: Becoming a Bates Method Teacher - JMartinC4 - 04-12-2010

Nancy,
Yes, and thanks to you and David and everyone here on this fantastic website. I never would have come up with this info without this base of operations and encouragement. According to the 2006 legal essay, they also put the drops in even for C-sectioned infants. At least we can thank medical science and politicians for ensuring that neither of our eyes got infected with syphillis, gonorrhea or chlamydia from our possibly diseased mothers!? But now that I finally know that my visual orientation and timing are askew, and why that is, I am quickly learning to find the correct visual angle - and my eyesight is improving. Set up one of my never-to-be-patented shiny cd in a styrofoam cup devices, positioned at arm's length, centered between yourself and a Snellen chart, and relax and let it help you reorient yourself. Add a device to the left and right peripheries. Tell me what happens.
8) O0 Smile
Nancy Wrote:JMartinC4 thanks -- this is great information. I was born in 1950 with forceps when my mother was completely unconscious because of being drugged, so I've already done some work around losing that initial bonding period and coming into this world terrified, a cold clamp firmly around my head and face. I'd forgotten about the silver nitrate, and never thought of the 2 different eyes' reaction from getting it first or not. Information is power, and I totally believe in the ability to heal from just about anything. You've given me more vision meditation material -- thanks again.

Re: Becoming a Bates Method Teacher - esthervdw - 04-12-2010

Quote:I don't know for other Countries, people. Here is very illegal to be a Bates Method Teacher. You will end up doing time before you notice.
In that case, Ares, do you perhaps know about Nick Focus, a Bates teacher in Athens? His website seems to have been taken over by some crap. (healyoureyes.com)

For 'Seeker' and others like you:
I'm one of the 'crazy dudes' out there who teach the Bates method, and able to make a living doing so. It is a very worthwhile profession, in my humble opinion, one that perhaps pays more in satisfaction than in dollars, but, which of those is truly worth more in the end? If anyone reading this is thinking of becoming a Bates teacher, you've probably been able to improve your own vision and are excited to share what you've learned with others. Your heart is in it, and that is the best way to start any career, whether it is as a Bates teacher, or an optometrist, or any work out there that is worth doing. Let your love of life and your passion for sharing the truth be your main guiding light, not what others deem appropriate for you to do or not.

You'll find options for Bates teacher training on my website: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.visionsofjoy.org/classes.teacher.training.htm">http://www.visionsofjoy.org/classes.tea ... aining.htm</a><!-- m -->

I look forward to welcoming more people in my circle of colleagues!

love,
Esther

Re: Becoming a Bates Method Teacher - JMartinC4 - 04-12-2010

Forget it. First realize that your myopia is a result (probably) of nothing more (or less) than the drops that were put into your eyes within an hour of your birth. Don't try to make money off of this. That only recreates the original problem. Read the documents in my signature below. You will be illuminated.

esthervdw Wrote:
Quote:I don't know for other Countries, people. Here is very illegal to be a Bates Method Teacher. You will end up doing time before you notice.
In that case, Ares, do you perhaps know about Nick Focus, a Bates teacher in Athens? His website seems to have been taken over by some crap. (healyoureyes.com)

For 'Seeker' and others like you:
I'm one of the 'crazy dudes' out there who teach the Bates method, and able to make a living doing so. It is a very worthwhile profession, in my humble opinion, one that perhaps pays more in satisfaction than in dollars, but, which of those is truly worth more in the end? If anyone reading this is thinking of becoming a Bates teacher, you've probably been able to improve your own vision and are excited to share what you've learned with others. Your heart is in it, and that is the best way to start any career, whether it is as a Bates teacher, or an optometrist, or any work out there that is worth doing. Let your love of life and your passion for sharing the truth be your main guiding light, not what others deem appropriate for you to do or not.

You'll find options for Bates teacher training on my website: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.visionsofjoy.org/classes.teacher.training.htm">http://www.visionsofjoy.org/classes.tea ... aining.htm</a><!-- m -->

I look forward to welcoming more people in my circle of colleagues!

love,
Esther

Re: Becoming a Bates Method Teacher - esthervdw - 04-12-2010

JMartinC4 Wrote:Forget it. First realize that your myopia is a result (probably) of nothing more (or less) than the drops that were put into your eyes within an hour of your birth.

That's a bold statement for someone who does not know me.
This doesn't make much sense to me JMartin, as then why isn't everyone nearsighted?
And why does the blur go away with simple relaxation techniques?
How about the many young kids who are farsighted?
Do all countries use these drops? If so, same questions as above for those people. If not, then why do some people become myopic there too?

This theory seems to have many holes in it...

I totally agree that those drops are nasty stuff that would probably be best to never be used on any eyes. Yet amazingly, after all these years of it being used apparently 'standard' for most every baby born in the USA, there are only 2 reported cases of eye damage resulting from the use of these drops??! (according to the SilvNitr.pdf file you linked to) I find nothing in that document that links these drops to myopia.

The second link you provide (Myopia: Prevalence and Progression) talks about myopia but doesn't appear to mention any drops (I didn't read it all yet, so if it is in there, please save me some time and point it out to me)

The third link you provided did not work, so if that is the connecting link between these two topics, maybe you can send that again?

Thanks,
Esther

Re: Becoming a Bates Method Teacher - JMartinC4 - 04-13-2010

Esther - Sorry, I was too blunt. Thank you very much for responding!
Here are some possible answers to your questions which would fit with my theory and discovery:
1a. One reason everyone isn't nearsighted (although if you read the 1989 NAS study on Myopia Prevalence and Progression, it may not be far off) could be that many people who would have reached 20/10 or better now only make it to 20/20.
1b. Another reason could be that many people have managed to avoid receiving the drops by being too poor or rural or hippy-dippy or other reasons whereby they were born naturally.
1c. Another reason could be that the eye that was difficult to get the second drop(s) into manages to stay normal and assists the other eye in development - interestingly enough, I believe it is known that most 20/20s also still have one eye significantly worse than the other, which fits my theory. So, 20/20 may actually be a low-bar standard.
1d. Another reason could be that many people unconsciously or subconsciously learn to use Bates Methodology to clear their vision.
2. The blur goes away but doesn't stay away. It could be that Bates methods recreate (sort of) the pre-birth visual environment (palming), and then recreate (sort of) the infant's head shaking movements to avoid the drops (swinging/shifting/etc.).
3. See answers 1a - 1d, but also, many kids choose/learn to (or at least used to) do activities which strengthen normal development before the teen growth spurts happen, and then they 'choose' to continue being more involved in those activities than in schoolwork/closework, which reinforces better eyesight rather than better school grades. Parental influence is important.
4. I think it says that all 'developed' countries do so, or used to. Iif you read the 1989 study closely in the last section it addresses the issue of country variance; the legal document regarding silver nitrate is primarily concerned with the USA because we are the only country that legislatively mandated the practice, and his intent to is get that changed. Britain, for one, stopped requiring it around 1960 I believe it says.
5. Sure, there are holes in all theories. One first check might be to find out which eye gets treated first, and then track longitudinally to see if that eye is the one which develops worse vision.
6. 'Eye damage' - physically, no; visual orientation/positioning/timing - yes.
7. I agree, the doctor of laws has not made the possible connection to myopia. I have sent him an email.
8. I agree, the 1989 NAS study does not mention the drops or the Bates Methodology. I looked up the Chair of that committee, and saw that he is now working on, for one, diabetic retinopathy. He has on a nice big pair of eyeglasses.
9. The picasa link works, but you have to ignore the 'Oops there's nothing to see here" message and click on the
'View cookjmartin's Gallery' link. I must have done something wrong when I created the account.
O0 8) Wink Smile
esthervdw Wrote:
JMartinC4 Wrote:Forget it. First realize that your myopia is a result (probably) of nothing more (or less) than the drops that were put into your eyes within an hour of your birth.

That's a bold statement for someone who does not know me.
This doesn't make much sense to me JMartin, as then why isn't everyone nearsighted?
And why does the blur go away with simple relaxation techniques?
How about the many young kids who are farsighted?
Do all countries use these drops? If so, same questions as above for those people. If not, then why do some people become myopic there too?

This theory seems to have many holes in it...

I totally agree that those drops are nasty stuff that would probably be best to never be used on any eyes. Yet amazingly, after all these years of it being used apparently 'standard' for most every baby born in the USA, there are only 2 reported cases of eye damage resulting from the use of these drops??! (according to the SilvNitr.pdf file you linked to) I find nothing in that document that links these drops to myopia.

The second link you provide (Myopia: Prevalence and Progression) talks about myopia but doesn't appear to mention any drops (I didn't read it all yet, so if it is in there, please save me some time and point it out to me)

The third link you provided did not work, so if that is the connecting link between these two topics, maybe you can send that again?

Thanks,
Esther