MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Working Towards A Neonatal Blur Theory Of Common Myopia - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
Working Towards A Neonatal Blur Theory Of Common Myopia - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Complementary Methods (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Working Towards A Neonatal Blur Theory Of Common Myopia (/showthread.php?tid=1463)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Re: Working Towards A Neonatal Blur Theory Of Common Myopia - Nancy - 09-24-2011

I do not remember the first time I got lenses (age 5), nor much at all before that age. I do vaguely remember visits to the eye doctor once or twice a year throughout my childhood. I was very nervous and anxious, aware that I was "failing" to see well, in a high state of stress the entire time. I'm sure that among those born after 1960 there are also a few people with that very high level of anxiety (and therefore high level of myopia), neonatal drugs or not. Not to dispute your theory, just to point out that I don't think it was a key factor in my own case.

Re: Working Towards A Neonatal Blur Theory Of Common Myopia - JMartinC4 - 09-24-2011

Yes, I am trying to develop a survey (my coworker suggests servermonkey.com as a good place to create it) with questions regarding the myopic experience, which could then be analyzed for any statistically significant difference between those born before versus those born after 1960, after enough myopes have responded. Sound good? Suggestions?