MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
What is a clear flash? Is it real or just an optical trick? - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
What is a clear flash? Is it real or just an optical trick? - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: FAQ (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: What is a clear flash? Is it real or just an optical trick? (/showthread.php?tid=1476)

What is a clear flash? Is it real or just an optical trick? - David - 05-20-2010

People improving their vision experience, as part of the process, flashes or longer moments of improved vision. This is often a sign that a person is - at least somewhat - using their eyes correctly for a moment and the visual system is free to self-correct and produce clear vision. This can last any amount of time - a second, several minutes, hours, or permanently clear vision. These periods of improved vision become more frequent, longer, or clearer as a person successfully applies the process in using the eyes correctly.

The misunderstanding about this revolves around the fact that there are certain misleading ways that vision can be "improved" temporarily. I have "improved" in quotes because such ways do not improve the process of vision as a way to correctly use the eyes without strain and promote good vision long term. These include:

* Squeezing the eyes shut tightly and opening them
* Narrowing the eyelids (squinting)
* Producing heavy tears

These are optical tricks having to do with the way light enters the eye and possibly the shape of the cornea or other unknown factors. They are not recommended. They can't be maintained as a way to support correct use of the eyes, and they may even be harmful long term as much as glasses are in the aspect of incorrect biofeedback.

With sudden clear vision that is "real", or in other words produced by the visual system as a response to the support received in the process of correct use of the eyes, people also commonly feel different in a variety of ways. Their eyes may feel lighter, other muscles in their body may relax such as in the face, neck or shoulders, they feel mentally calmer or quieter, and various other physical or emotional sensations.

RE: What is a clear flash? Is it real or just an optical trick? - chriskim193 - 05-06-2014

(05-20-2010, 01:11 PM)David Wrote: People improving their vision experience, as part of the process, flashes or longer moments of improved vision. This is often a sign that a person is - at least somewhat - using their eyes correctly for a moment and the visual system is free to self-correct and produce clear vision. This can last any amount of time - a second, several minutes, hours, or permanently clear vision. These periods of improved vision become more frequent, longer, or clearer as a person successfully applies the process in using the eyes correctly.

The misunderstanding about this revolves around the fact that there are certain misleading ways that vision can be "improved" temporarily. I have "improved" in quotes because such ways do not improve the process of vision as a way to correctly use the eyes without strain and promote good vision long term. These include:

* Squeezing the eyes shut tightly and opening them
* Narrowing the eyelids (squinting)
* Producing heavy tears

These are optical tricks having to do with the way light enters the eye and possibly the shape of the cornea or other unknown factors. They are not recommended. They can't be maintained as a way to support correct use of the eyes, and they may even be harmful long term as much as glasses are in the aspect of incorrect biofeedback.

With sudden clear vision that is "real", or in other words produced by the visual system as a response to the support received in the process of correct use of the eyes, people also commonly feel different in a variety of ways. Their eyes may feel lighter, other muscles in their body may relax such as in the face, neck or shoulders, they feel mentally calmer or quieter, and various other physical or emotional sensations.
Hi David ^^
so Ive been practicing long swings for a couple days and, everytime i finish one session, i can see my vision clearing up but one thing that really bothers me is, i start to tear up with a lot of tension in my eyes, it this normal ? im guessing this is something thats meant to happen, i mean if this happened as a result of strain, my eyes wouldn't clear up at right ???nnHuhHuhHuh

RE: What is a clear flash? Is it real or just an optical trick? - Nancy - 05-07-2014

If your vision is clearer after doing the Long Swing, without doing anything artificial like squinting, yes, this is a very good thing. The tears are a natural release of tension as your visual system relaxes. The Swing is helping you let go of tension you probably weren't aware of. Great!

RE: What is a clear flash? Is it real or just an optical trick? - AntiNancy - 07-27-2014

Hello! I'm new here, hoping to find support and success clearing up my vision.

This happened to me several years ago when I was practicing with "The See Clearly Method". I had a brief moment when I could see perfectly. I was so excited! I ran downstairs to tell my brother "This really works!!!" But then it went away.

My vision had improved according to the optometrist when I went in for a check up, but she told me that it is normal as we age for us to become more far-sighted. So I became discouraged and pretty much gave up on the idea. But now I'm trying again. I need new glasses, or I need to learn to see without them. I'm shooting for the latter.