MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Problem with sunning - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
Problem with sunning - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Bates Method (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Problem with sunning (/showthread.php?tid=1533)

Problem with sunning - Saty - 07-18-2010

Hi everyone. i'm not completely knew to this but i've been doing it for a few weeks with some mistakes in the begining mostly with streching and palming.
I sunned for 4 minutes and first and then increased it to 7 minutes after a few days.THen after a few days i increased it to 8 minutes in the morning(8.00am) and 8 minutes in the evening(7.30pm).I close my eyes and don't look directly at the sun.I move my head from left to right(90 degrees) slowly.The excercise itself isn't a problem and it feels very good.THe problem is what happens couple of hours after that excercise.My eye feels like their on fire.Like they are burning from the inside.This doesn''t last long but it bothers me!THe next day is like nothing happened.I don't like this one bit.Should i completely quit sunning or what? :-\ any advice would be good.

Re: Problem with sunning - sorrisiblue - 07-19-2010

If I was you I would reducte the time back to 4 minutes sunning. Right after sunning, relax the eyes for 15-20 minutes of palming. Then one hour later palm again for about 5 minutes, then another hour later palm another 5 minutes. This should rest the eyes enough to stop this burning sensation.

What I'm guessing is happening is that you are stimulating your eyes quite a lot with the sunning. After the sunning I imagine that you are particularly aware of your surroundings, which is stimulating as well. Both of these things are good, it just has to be balanced with adaquate rest. When the eyes are healing, they need a lot of rest to aid the healing process. That is why Bates asked his patients to palm so much. I started making faster progress once I provided my eyes with more rest by palming after doing other bates method techniques.

best,
sorrisi

Re: Problem with sunning - 2xtreme2fit - 07-19-2010

I don't think there is any problem - after a couple of hours, the strain that was relieved surfaces back vigorously because you are not avoiding the bad habits that adversely affect your vision.
The burning sensation recedes once you are back into your state of blurred vision.
Avoiding strain is more important than relieving it.

Re: Problem with sunning - Saty - 07-19-2010

tnx for the answers.I palmed for 10 minutes after the sunning.I'll start again with 4 minutes once a day and palming after for 15-20 minutes and later on some palming.What about increasing the time of sunning?
every week one minute?
And one more thing,i have floaters,can i get rid of them somehow??
they are really annoying...