MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Musings on Vision - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
Musings on Vision - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Bates Method (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Musings on Vision (/showthread.php?tid=1534)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Re: Musings on Vision - 2xtreme2fit - 07-20-2010

Hey JMartinC4,
Its been some time there hasn't been any new post in that topic of yours about NeoNatal Eye Antibiotics - I bet you have something new to add.
If not new posts, would you be posting new topics? I'm Lookin' forward to it.
Maybe you can bring life back into that forum.

Oh, if you're still trying to annoy me with those smilies, I have something specially for you.
If not, forgive me.

[Image: insult.jpg]

Re: Musings on Vision - JMartinC4 - 07-20-2010

Hey, 2pak I mean 2fit - No, I'm not trying to annoy you or anyone else, especially not in this community forum! I know you don't like the smilies because they're wearing the forbidden sunglasses, but my observations indicate that the fear of shades is unfounded. In fact I wore my prescription Ray Bans a couple of times for a few seconds over the past week and there were no ill effects. You're forgiven, if that's necessary. Likewise, I'm sure. (And I put a new post in my favorite topic just the other day.)
Smile

Big Grin You're funny. In fact, I was trying to annoy YOU (& maybe I just did, sorry Smile ).
I have a tendency to randomly insult someone unknowingly & sometimes to disastrous consequences that's why I asked for forgiveness. :-X
BTW, I'm talking about bringing in new members for discussion in your favorite topic. We'll have new content & views.

Oh, I noticed just now your profile says your age as 1 - now that's funny. Wouldn't you like to change it?

Great. I look forward to the interaction. Here's something else I believe in: All interactive animate life is inherently imitative. Human beings communicate and interact as much through vision as they do through talking. When most people have blurry vision, communication is degraded. Lenses are not much help, if any, and quite possibly are making the condition of poor species-wide communication worse. Since myopia is becoming more prevalent worldwide, something has to be done or we're headed for a cliff - the half-blind leading the half-blind. Ever wonder why there have been fewer and fewer important and useful discoveries and solutions to problems since the 1940's? Name six that compare with steam engines, radio, antibiotics, airplanes, nuclear energy, spaceships, computers, or even television. All we have are different, usually smaller or more powerful versions of the same old things. We're not really getting anywhere. And time is running out. I consider my age for this forum as 1. I joined a year ago. It has changed my life.
Smile

I agree with you fully. I believe you can definitely start a new topic for those discussions & perhaps iblindness can be revived by you or me or the guy who owns this topic space which I'm wasting or anyone else I'm missing out.

I know I'll be going off topic but for some reason I can't stop myself from posting this funny pic I found on celldweller.com under the heading
'A Harsh Pizza Parlor…'

[Image: 84291d2d-dcc1-4c77-b676-2e93a8eec40f_b.jpg]

Look at the picture of Dr. Bates that David uses for iblindness.org - compare it with David's own picture under About the Webmaster. Similarities? Unconscious inherent imitation? Notice that in both pictures they are looking slightly askance/across the nose - changing their visual angle in order to stimulate clear vision?
It all fits with my theory.
Smile

Re: Musings on Vision - Alexndre - 07-20-2010

Hi everyone!

First of all, the Bates method is all about trusting how you feel during/after doing a method to monitor how it affects you eyesight, not on theorical theories at all, so I think that it's not that important in this topic.

armagdn03, I would like to say that what you wrote is very insightful. I believe that since many persons are doing the bates method alone, without help, they may have trouble to find how to get central fixation 1.because they are too strained at this time to do it right 2.they simply don't understand it. This is probably why some have more success than others.

Also, I think love the quote of Bates you pointed out. At school, it's much easier to learn new things by trying it in a lab than by trying to learn what it written in a book.

Have a nice day of improvements!
-Alexandre

Imperfect sight has degraded all of the following human qualities :-
* Behavior
* Imagination
* Thinking
* Tolerance
* Enthusiasm
* Respect

That makes the world B.I.T.T.E.R.

Alexndre Wrote:First of all, the Bates method is all about trusting how you feel during/after doing a method to monitor how it affects you eyesight, not on theorical theories at all, so I think that it's not that important in this topic.

I don't get it. What do you mean? Be kind enough to explain.

Re: Musings on Vision - Alexndre - 07-21-2010

Hi!
I wanted to say that wether Jmartinc4 theorie is true or false, it doesn't matter and as I can see it, it is not even related to bates model of thinking. When you are shifting on your chart, you see if you do it in the right way instantly.

Re: Musings on Vision - JMartinC4 - 07-21-2010

Unfortunately the veracity of my theory does matter. Unless we Bates Method followers can present a complete, verifiable theory of how and why at least some myopia develops, and how and why the Bates Method counteracts that myopia, nothing will change fast enough, world-wide, to make a difference. The no-longer-correct-or-sufficient (rather than just incorrect) lenses or lasik approaches, which do nothing to address the increasing communication degradation I am afraid of, will only get worse. My theory, if correct, provides one immediate and tangible source/etiology of the as-yet-still-undefined problem of common myopia, and provides a reliable, controllable and gradual method of reversal. And it is free and unpatentable. It has nothing to do with magic or auras or esp or phrenology or astrology or affirmations or touchy-feely pseudo science. It can therefore be taken seriously by those still in charge of the world.

Re: Musings on Vision - 2xtreme2fit - 07-21-2010

TO Alexndre

Unh-huh! Okay, but I guess you know JMartinC4 is not getting proper audience for his topic which isn't fair because he is suffering from poor vision & he is trying to find a way out of it & the only way I see it, he needs ideas.
Encouraging him is the thing that should come first, mildly you could ask him to post in the appropriate forum.

I am not 'suffering' from poor vision. My poor vision seems very normal to me. What seems wonderfully abnormal is the gradual incredible improvements in my vision which I have been experiencing for the past year. And what makes it even more wonderful is that I've figured out the reasons why my vision was bad to begin with, and why the Bates Methods and my refinements to them, work.

You took me too literally but anyways, why do you think poor vision seems normal to you?
I guess its better to consider it a temporary refrain from the state of "normal" vision.
But yeah, incredible improvements are wonderful & pleasant above all.

2xtreme2fit Wrote:You took me too literally but anyways, why do you think poor vision seems normal to you?
I guess its better to consider it a temporary refrain from the state of "normal" vision.
But yeah, incredible improvements are wonderful & pleasant above all.
My poor vision, which is now gradually being replaced by clear vision, seems normal to me because it's all I'd ever known. When I got lenses at age 11, I was astonished because I did not realize that my blurry distance vision was abnormally blurry. I thought my eyesight was perfectly normal and everyone saw that way. I had a very happy childhood, BTW.

JMartinC4 Wrote:My poor vision, which is gradually being replaced by clear vision
Glad to hear. BTW, how long to permanent clear vision? Would you teach someone else how to improve their sight?