MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
how long will it take to be cured using plus lenses? - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
how long will it take to be cured using plus lenses? - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Complementary Methods (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: how long will it take to be cured using plus lenses? (/showthread.php?tid=155)

how long will it take to be cured using plus lenses? - skylin19 - 08-12-2006

hello, this is a question to otis

i wanted to know if you have any idea how long it would take to fix my myopic eyes using plus lenses. my eyes are -1.75 and -1. is it possible to see some significant improvement in 2-3 weeks???

if it is possible what power of plus lenses will i need???

thanks

skylin19

Re: how long will it take to be cured using plus lenses? - otis - 08-12-2006

Dear SkyLine,

No one can give you an exact answer to your question.

But from your "-1 diopters" prescription (about 20/70) I would
suggest that there is a possibility of "clearing" your 20/70 to
pass the 20/40.  But I can not state "how long".

I would suggest the following:

1.  Get a Snellen -- from my site or "i-see".  Check,
Eye-Chart 1, on my site -- and print some.

2.  Check your Snellen in day-light.  With BOTH EYES your
VA should be about 20/60.  If it is -- then there is HOPE.

3.  Once you establish that you read 20/60 you can then
begin the PREVENTIVE PROCESS.  You get a WEAK plus
in the store for about $8.  You use it for all reading -- and
computer work.  You use that minus ONLY WHEN DRIVING A CAR.

4.  You keep this up  until your Snellen gets to about 20/40 -- then
you move to a stronger plus --- and continue vision-clearing.

5.  But this depends on YOU reading your SNELLEN.  Do not
rely on the "prescription".  Work to pass the 20/40 line.

6.  How long???  Why not get started now?

To further respond:

hello, this is a question to otis

i wanted to know if you have any idea how long it would take to fix my myopic eyes using plus lenses. my eyes are -1.75 and -1. is it possible to see some significant improvement in 2-3 weeks???

Otis> Some people see "clearing" on their Snellen -- others do not.  I would not attempt to set a "time-limit".  The goal is to get to 20/40 -- and put in all effort required to get there -- in my opinion.

if it is possible what power of plus lenses will i need???

Otis> For starters (until your Snellen clears some) about +1.25
diotpers.

Best,

Otis

thanks

skylin19

Re: how long will it take to be cured using plus lenses? - skylin19 - 08-12-2006

thank u very much for your reply otis

but do you have any whatsoever guess how long because i need to fix them before school starts or else i'll need to use minus all the time

thanks

skylin19