MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Hi! Mind if I introduce myself here? - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
Hi! Mind if I introduce myself here? - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Hi! Mind if I introduce myself here? (/showthread.php?tid=1565)

Pages: 1 2

Hi! Mind if I introduce myself here? - sunlight456 - 08-18-2010

Hi! I'm a new member to the forums and I'm really hoping I can improve my vision: It's a dream of mine to be able to wake up and see the world clearly. I go to school and work really hard. I obsess over my grades and really stress myself out over the school year. So! As a beginner: any advice, tips, etc? Do you think I've got a shot?

Thanks for everything! It's really great to join you all. i hope I can follow your great successes!

Re: Hi! Mind if I introduce myself here? - JMartinC4 - 08-18-2010

Safety First. Always wear your lenses whenever Safety is an issue. Experiment with not wearing them when Safety is not a concern. Use Trial and Error to discover which of the Bates Methods work best for you, and the best way to perform them for improving your eyesight. Keep a journal. Sleep facing the window. Upon waking up in the morning, keep your eyes closed as long as you can. Get up and walk around (safety first!) with eyes closed - it will help you reorient your visual system. Take a daily multivitamin with Beta Carotene.

Re: Hi! Mind if I introduce myself here? - sunlight456 - 08-18-2010

Thanks! any other tips? does bates work?

Bates works.
Have you ever had clear distance vision?
If not, why do you think you might be able to achieve clear distance vision without lenses or surgery?

yes I have. And I remember. It was great and I really miss it. The world is so much more engaging when you're not felling cruddy that you can't see something that others can.

sunlight456 Wrote:yes I have. And I remember. It was great and I really miss it. The world is so much more engaging when you're not felling cruddy that you can't see something that others can.
What do you remember about it, and why do you think you lost it?

I remember being able to see little details, and everything and colors were so bright etc. I don't think perfect sight is easily describable but it's a gift and a blessing: it's like a a new dimension on life.
I think I lost it because at the time I was going through lots of emotional trauma and suppressing my feelings. Yeah. Not very healthy. I was confused, angry, and scared. I think this combined to produce a massive strain on my mind which affected my eyes. And I also think that subconsciously I was telling myself that this wasn't happening, that I don't want to see this . Basically withdrawing myself inside myself as a form of emotional protection. I really regret that. :'(

Is there anyway I can become at peace with myself, forgive others, move on, and be at peace with my life? ???

Plus I was doing a lot of reading, and probably not taking care of my eyes enough. Sad

Did you gradually lose your ability to see into the distance, or was it sudden? I.e., did the loss occur over a period of seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks, months or years? Estimate the time period.
And what's wrong with wearing lenses or getting the eye surgery, anyway? Why don't you want either of those?

I guess gradually, but when I realized that my vision was slightly off, I started stressing like crazy and they kinda rapidly got worse after that.

Did the loss occur over a period of seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks, months or years? Estimate the time period.
And what's wrong with wearing lenses or getting the eye surgery, anyway? Why don't you want either of those?

I didn't want surgery because I heard it was bad, and surgery just seemed like a bad idea. I didn't like wearing glasses because they felt weird and my head hurt a little after i wore them. they were disorienting and after I took them off, my vision was even worse.

sunlight456 Wrote:I didn't want surgery because I heard it was bad, and surgery just seemed like a bad idea. I didn't like wearing glasses because they felt weird and my head hurt a little after i wore them. they were disorienting and after I took them off, my vision was even worse.
I don't know if those are good enough reasons to reject the conventional advice. You probably just need to tell your optometrist about your issues so s/he can correct the prescription. But maybe that's just my opinion. Good luck!

Re: Hi! Mind if I introduce myself here? - sunlight456 - 08-19-2010

no! I want to restore my vision I want to see the world the way it was intended! I don't know why exactly that I hate glasses so much but after reading Bates book, I am convinced that I really want to restore my vision, it's possible, and glasses will only make the problem worse.

Re: Hi! Mind if I introduce myself here? - sunlight456 - 08-19-2010

seriously? you're just not going to help me here? what good reasons does one have for restoring their vision? To be able to rid your self of a burden would be fantastic: unimaginable.

you said yourself:
Yes, it is a scary, brave, interesting, scientific, investigative, psychological, interactive, insightful, enlightening, illuminating, fascinating, incredible, empowering, liberating, joyful, humanizing journey you have embarked on. Thank you for joining.
JMartin

am I wrong for wanting to experience this? TO teach my eyes new ways and experience the world in a whole new way?

Re: Hi! Mind if I introduce myself here? - JMartinC4 - 08-19-2010

Wow. I don't know what to say, except that I believe there is a lot more to this problem (nearpoint fixation disorder, or in your case, latent nearpoint fixation disorder) than any individual's paltry and selfish need to have perfect eyesight without lenses or surgery. You didn't mention why you don't want contact lenses, which I found to be an incredible improvement on glasses. And they're not ugly or distracting! Which seems to be your main concern. Vanity, vanity, all is vanity?
??? Sad :-\