MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Hello there, Newbie need some info. - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
Hello there, Newbie need some info. - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Bates Method (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Hello there, Newbie need some info. (/showthread.php?tid=1588)

Hello there, Newbie need some info. - Lucid - 09-02-2010

Hi there, I'm quite new to the Bates method. A friend of mine who recently told me about this program. He said I should do these excersises to improve my eye site. I've tried palming and some what so good it's helping my eyes out. I've been lacking it out though, Like sometimes when I palm my eyes to 5-20 minutes. I can see some vision improvement. I don't know what I am but I think I'm "near sighted". What I mean by that is I have a hard time looking at a things that is far away, etc. Here is an example. Every time when I used to look at a marker board against the wall in class in the back of a class room when I was in school. I couldn't see way back. I have both of these in my eye. Well. I really don't know its hard to describe. Sorry. Like in my right eye its blurry when I try to see things, But when I look up close to see things I can see the writing and stuff. And on my left eye I have a hard time viewing things up close because in my left eye I cant see things that are far away, etc. Can anyone recommend any techniques that are good for near sighted eye problems? Or will palming do? Sorry just letting you know its been working for me, But I was wondering if it could work for my condition. Like will it be permanent, etc. Thanks. I have prescription glasses but I haven't been wearing them. Most of the times my glasses gives me headaches and crap hurts my ears. Thanks for the info. Sorry it's my first time posting here, Just letting you know. Smile I wanted to see if I can make some improvement before I can get my license. And how many days/months should I use these techniques if I want any results? Thank you.

Also my eyes have been blood shot. I was wondering if these techniques can help cure this. And I've been having massive migraines as well. I don't know if I have eyestrain or what. Would the techniques also help as well?

Re: Hello there, Newbie need some info. - Nancy - 09-02-2010

Everything you describe, headaches and bloodshot eyes as well as trouble seeing in the distance, is a sign of straining, and will be helped with relaxation, which is what the Bates method is all about. If palming is helping, keep it up. Your glasses probably make you strain because they're too strong. Get an eye chart and practice every day. Become aware when you're straining your vision, so you can stop doing that and let yourself see naturally in a relaxed way.

Re: Hello there, Newbie need some info. - Alexndre - 09-02-2010

Hi!
You should start by reading Perfect sight without glasses by William H. Bates. If you have headaches/migraines/eyestrain, doing the bates method will change your life for the better. And you can't even imagine the meaning of the ''better'' I put in that sentence from the point of view that you have right now.

Do some sport. Go outdoor. Palm before and after sleeping for at least 2 minutes and palm often during the days when your eyes feels uncomfortable. Go laugh with friends. Avoid staring. Go on Nancy's blog. Read and learn as many things about the bates method that you can. Sooner or later, you sight will be much better and you will not have headaches anymore.

-Alexandre