MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Re-start - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
Re-start - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Bates Method (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Re-start (/showthread.php?tid=1594)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Re: Re-start - Pikachu - 10-18-2010

@JWLBOYCE: Is the blur at the periphery of your visual field? If it is, it's very possible that what you're seeing is much closer to your "natural" vision. I believe that normal vision usually means a more focused center and a blurrier periphery. We're also discussing this topic on the other topic started by David about looking at details.

What JMartinC4 says is also a possibility, as far as the dominant eye thingy goes. I would think that your eyes would have to be off by a significant amount to have that problem though.

Re: Re-start - JWLBOYCE - 10-19-2010

Right, so I like the idea that it is becasue of a difference in acuity between my eyes very much - yep, its hard to explain, but the blur is not really blur as in things look blurry - they don't. Everything looks clear, and quite often I get patches where everything looks amazingly bright as well. It is more of an unclear state - I can see all the objects, just not the details on them at a distance :/ - I'll check out the looking at details and changing post, and no - the centre is definitely the less clear bit, not the peripheral Smile

THanks

James

Re: Re-start - JWLBOYCE - 11-03-2010

Hi Guys

Great news - my night vision has improved sooo much it is unbelievable - I can now see the 20/50 at night, and I really enjoy looking around in the dark Smile

Everything seems brighter as wellSmile

I feel though when I am looking at details that I am locking onto objects becasue I am not moving away from them for a long time, but I am looking at all the details and not staring.

Am I correct in saying that it is all about centralisation - the smaller you centralise the more you move to see and then everything falls into place?

Thanks

James

Re: Re-start - seetheleaves - 11-03-2010

JWLBOYCE Wrote:Hi Guys

Great news - my night vision has improved sooo much it is unbelievable - I can now see the 20/50 at night, and I really enjoy looking around in the dark Smile

That's great!!

I'm curious because I would love to improve my night vision - is there anything particular that you've been doing that's specific for night seeing?

Re: Re-start - JWLBOYCE - 11-05-2010

Thanks Smile

I just found that I had no visual interest, or very little - I didn't really care what I was looking at, more about how I was looking at it, and that isn't the right thing to do. Don't tell yourself you need to improve your vision - do it becasue you want to. the element of need may cause strain. I know it did for me - I've got my Initial pilots medical examination next year. The CAA Visual requirements, are 6/6 in both eyes together, and 6/9 in each seperately, with or without glasses/contacts, and with max. refractive error of -3. I am just outside this zone, so I was telling myself I need to see better, and it didn't work. I saw an immediate change when I said I want to see better.

Try applying that to night time stuff as well - in about 2 or 3 weeks, the blur at night time for me has decreased soo much

I woke up this morning, wandered down and looked at the eyechart. For about 2 or 3 mins I could read the 20/20 line from the other side of my kitchen, which conveniently is 20 feet away Smile - Couldn't believe it and now I am sooo pleased and inspired Smile

Hope it helps

James

Re: Re-start - 2xtreme2fit - 11-06-2010

JWLBOYCE Wrote:I just found that I had no visual interest, or very little - I didn't really care...
I was telling myself I need to see better, and it didn't work. I saw an immediate change when I said I want to see better.

And some people gave me crap for saying interest is directly linked to visual perception...

Re: Re-start - JWLBOYCE - 11-26-2010

HI guys - I have had such a busy few weeks, and no clear patches :/
However, last weekend I had a bit of a rest, and at the beginning of this week I've had quite a few clear patches Smile - so I have decided that you can have clear vision being tired, however you can't when you are fatigued - constantly tired, if that makes sense?

I think improvement goes through a cycle - I practice well, get no clear patches for some time, get clear patches, vision improves, practice well, get no clear patches for some time, get clear patches, vision improves etc.

I feel like I am at the same stage now that I was when I re-started, however my vision is a bit clearer. Hopefully these cycles will continue until I have 20/20 or better vision. I have had a noticable improvement in my night vision as well Smile

Thanks

James

Re: Re-start - Pikachu - 12-02-2010

I read your last post much earlier, but after I read a bit about "health improvement" in Tom Quackenbush's book, I realized the meaning of that last paragraph you wrote. Quackenbush wrote that all forms of health improvement tend to improve in cycles, with occasional slips and falls. From what I can tell from your own experiences, it appears that your vision is following that path.

Re: Re-start - JWLBOYCE - 12-03-2010

Ahh yes, I have seen that and I thought exactley the same - I dug out my copy of relearning to see the other day, and found it haha

Recently, again becasue I have been so busy, I have not had many clear patches, but with the recent snow in my area I have noticed a few clear patchs. I am about to book a session with a natural vision therapist over the Christmas holidays and hopefully then I will iron some things out and have an improvement.

Hopefully when I get a few lie ins over christmas I will be able to have an improvement Smile

Thanks

James

Re: Re-start - Pikachu - 12-03-2010

Just keep at it and I'm sure you'll get to 20/20 and beyond. It seems to me that you're very close. Motivation might be an important factor here. Smile

Re: Re-start - JWLBOYCE - 12-04-2010

Haha - thanks Smile I had 9 and a half hours sleep today, compared with my usual 6, and I have had easy and clear vision - my problem is definitely fatigue, however I don't know how to reduce this during school time - any suggestions ?!?

Generally, I will get up at about 6:30 and out for 7:15, then I get back in at 5:30 if I haven't got anything else on, then start homework. I always first do my homework for the subjects I have the next day, and then If I get any more done it is a bonus, but generally it takes me until about half eleven to get my homework done for the next day, then I have a half an hour rest before going to bed, and it takes me about half an hour to fall asleep. So you can imagine by the end of the week I get absolutely shattered. Has anyone got any suggestions how to either a) (preffered option) reduce the fatigue and increase my sleep or b) store the mental strain caused by fatigue in a different place rather than my eyes?

Thanks

James Smile

Re: Re-start - seetheleaves - 12-04-2010

JWLBOYCE Wrote:Haha - thanks Smile I had 9 and a half hours sleep today, compared with my usual 6, and I have had easy and clear vision - my problem is definitely fatigue, however I don't know how to reduce this during school time - any suggestions ?!?

Generally, I will get up at about 6:30 and out for 7:15, then I get back in at 5:30 if I haven't got anything else on, then start homework. I always first do my homework for the subjects I have the next day, and then If I get any more done it is a bonus, but generally it takes me until about half eleven to get my homework done for the next day, then I have a half an hour rest before going to bed, and it takes me about half an hour to fall asleep. So you can imagine by the end of the week I get absolutely shattered. Has anyone got any suggestions how to either a) (preffered option) reduce the fatigue and increase my sleep or b) store the mental strain caused by fatigue in a different place rather than my eyes?

Thanks

James Smile

Hi James,
I find that when I have to pull long hours on mental work that the best way to cut down on end-day fatigue is to take a break every half hour while I'm working - no matter what I'm in the middle of. I practice swinging for 5 or 10 minutes and then get back to work. If you do this, it will prolong your total time devoted to homework but since you would be taking resting mini-breaks you should find that you are more relaxed during study and at the end of it - cutting down on fatigue and helping you get to sleep faster.

Another approach is to support your mind and body with healthy food and b-complex supplements, especially a liquid b-12 at your most busy/stressed. I'm a person who has always needed 8 - 10 hours of sleep but found when I was taking b-complex + liquid b-12 (which they market as the anti-stress vitamin) I could literally sleep only 4 or 5 hours at night - no nap during the day - and would still have the mental clarity and physical stamina (not to mention elevated mood and increased concentration) for the entire day. If you are really tense or stressed and this is keeping you from getting to sleep quickly or sleeping soundly then maybe Magnesium supplements? Magnesium is especially good at easing muscle tension involved with the kind of fatigue you're talking about. I sound like a vitamin salesman, sorry! I'm not, I promise - but these in particular worked for me.

Smile

Re: Re-start - JWLBOYCE - 12-04-2010

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply Smile

That is a really good idea - I usually just work at my homework solidly for however long it takes - yesterday I felt guilty because I had a twenty minute break. I will definitely do that.
As for vitamins, I had heard about using them, but I didn't realise they could have such an amazing effect as what you have decrribed, I will look into them as well Smile

Thanks

James Smile

Re: Re-start - JWLBOYCE - 12-09-2010

To keep you updated

Ihave been taking this kind of tonic thingy for the last week or so, and have noticed a huge improvement iin my fatigue Smile - Thank you soo much Smile

I have been trying to palm for a few minutes before I go to sleep, but apart from that I really don't get time to do much - would you recommend that I try to build it in around my daily routine?

Thanks

James Smile

Re: Re-start - Pikachu - 12-09-2010

I'd say that integrating palming, as with any exercise, into a daily routine can be quite difficult and should only be done if you really feel that you want to do it. Sorry, didn't know a better way to phrase that last sentence. What I'm saying is that if you're going to spend time palming, you should actually want to do it. If you don't want to do it, it's a waste of time, in my opinion. I've actually been trying Quackenbush's vision habit thingy and trying to use them as much as possible throughout the day. I only palm or swing when I feel like doing it.