MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Re-start - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
Re-start - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Bates Method (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Re-start (/showthread.php?tid=1594)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Re: Re-start - Nini - 03-11-2013

I think, the main obstacle to relaxation is the misunderstanding, that the loss of perfect vision is due to some 'eye defect' and that you have to do something with your eyes to 'train' and to 'improve' them - which leads to more and more effort instead of the 'undoing' of what you are already 'overdoing' with your eyes.
You have to understand that all is 'purely mental'; that you have to correct your wrong ideas and get the right conception of "how vision works" in your mind. Then the eyes will automatically follow the mind. Every attempt to improve vision or change the blur into a clear image by trying consciously (or even subconsciously) to manipulate the eyes results in strain. This makes it so difficult.
Once you understand, that you have to to change the way you see in your mind (and not the eyes), your tense eye muscles begin to relax and vision starts to improve.

Re: Re-start - minjja - 03-11-2013

eaglevision Wrote:Most people have difficulties doing bates method, but I think once a person finds the correct doorway to the Type of relaxation that is required and that bates talks about, it is just a matter of time before a person reaches for the handle and opens it. Sometimes people take months or years to understand what is required. I remember when I used to palm 4 hours and swing 2 hours everyday for months on end with only flashes. And the first time I ever had a long flash (5 and a 1/2 days) was when I was ill for a week and told myself I was going to take a break from vision improvement. What I understood from this was that I cant reach out and get my vision but it has to come to me. And so my palming and swinging was done in a desperate attemtpt to get clear vision. And that running to it is infact running away from it, and if I stop running it will eventually catch up to me. I am far from perfect but I think I understand a little of what is required.

The type of relaxation required is a sparkling and vibrant type, not of laziness I previously thought. Imagine a person who climbed to the peak of a mountain, how would he feel at the top? or a person who has written the last page of their book. This type of relaxation causes mental peace and relaxes all the muscles of the body.

Try to reduce or stop whatever is making you mentally reach out and grab your vision. And re-do things in a new way with this New type of vibrant relaxation. And then now you can realize what is bringing you closer or further away from vision improvement. An easy small step I do, is when I go to sleep I consciously relax all my muscles and let everything sink in and feel happy for a few minutes. This way you have 8 hours of a more relaxed body and mind as you sleep. And you will likely have nice vision and relaxed body upon awaking, and this will give a good start to any day. When the whole body is relaxed, flashes naturally come to you and they are more frequent and more lasting.

I totally agree with you. I have tried this once for about a month and my vision improved greatly with many clear flashes as you said. Moreover I felt great and happy not worrying about vision or eyes.
I will practise this again Smile