MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Optician School - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
Optician School - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Optician School (/showthread.php?tid=1604)

Optician School - clarknight - 09-17-2010

Entered Optician School so I can learn how to give students reduced lenses. Need to learn this.
Would love to work with a Behavioral Optometerist and do Bates teaching so people can get out of glasses. I know this type of eye doctor will be hard to find. Where better to spread the word than in a optical store. Is the world ready yet?
Thinking of taking Roberto Kaplans on-line Teacher Training. Cant afford the traveling to Europe...

Re: Optician School - hammer - 09-18-2010

clarknight Wrote:Entered Optician School so I can learn how to give students reduced lenses. Need to learn this.
Would love to work with a Behavioral Optometerist and do Bates teaching so people can get out of glasses. I know this type of eye doctor will be hard to find. Where better to spread the word than in a optical store. Is the world ready yet?
Thinking of taking Roberto Kaplans on-line Teacher Training. Cant afford the traveling to Europe...

Maybe, se link below:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNikbmC4Cqw">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNikbmC4Cqw</a><!-- m -->

Re: Optician School - clarknight - 10-21-2010

Quit Optician School. Big mistake. Feeling so guilty going to this school. It will be too hard to find a honest eye doctor to work for that will sell reduced, weaker eyeglasses and Natural Eyesight Improvement. If I finished school and ended up desperate for a job, would be selling stronger and stronger glasses to people for some heartless doc. Like when I was young and worked 3 years cutting meat as a butcher, feeling bad cause I am a vegetarian.

Re: Optician School - JMartinC4 - 10-21-2010

clarknight Wrote:Quit Optician School. Big mistake. Feeling so guilty going to this school. It will be too hard to find a honest eye doctor to work for that will sell reduced, weaker eyeglasses and Natural Eyesight Improvement. If I finished school and ended up desperate for a job, would be selling stronger and stronger glasses to people for some heartless doc. Like when I was young and worked 3 years cutting meat as a butcher, feeling bad cause I am a vegetarian.

Has there been any discussion of an iblindness.org or a Bates Method - "Users Conference"? I would love to attend, and I think I would have a demonstration to give. I would be very interested in putting something like that together.
I think your idea was very noble, but unfortunately noble ideas are no longer appreciated much.