MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Bates Method Teacher Certification Training - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
Bates Method Teacher Certification Training - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Find a Bates Teacher (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Bates Method Teacher Certification Training (/showthread.php?tid=1609)

Pages: 1 2

Re: Bates Method Teacher Certification Training - sorrisiblue - 10-27-2010

hi Clark Night - sorry to hear that you're still having problems with your neck. Did you try Meir's exercizes or an osteopath? I really hope it gets better soon!

That is very suspicious about the course fees with the sliding scale. It seems she doesn't want you to take her course. It is very weird, and of course we're all interested in who it is... but I can see your reason for not writing it.

Focus on the positive for now! There are a lot of people out there doing good, and not being greedy. Forget about the people who make you mad about the whole thing. Maybe through your contacts with the more generous minded teachers you could offer to help organize the next conference in the states if it is near to where you live since you can't travel. The theme this year is about helping children. Maybe the theme for that one could be teaching teachers! You've been searching so long for a program, you are the expert in what is available and where the holes are...

S

Re: Bates Method Teacher Certification Training - clarknight - 10-27-2010

Hi Sorrisi,
Trying a Osteopath after Physical Therapy this month.

Neck is so weird, was better, 100% after 8 mo., after good chiro fixed it, but suspected she missed somethng, but it might be my posture computer preventing complete healing or heavy lifting too soon. 5 years bad posture, standing, cause I have to look at the keys, typing 6-10 hr. day doing this book and new BEM Original PDF. Maybe body is burning out. Darn 3-D eye exs. really goofed up my divergence... . but gets better and better as I stay with, only the Bates Method.
At least this experience proves that neck tension, mis-alignemnt, bad computer posture definitely goofs up the vision.

That lady is posted on most of the best websites, groups... Hate to go against a top teacher but, I feel this type teacher trys to make the Bates method seem complicated, like we cant do it ourselves. It really is not that hard. When price for course is said to be fixed, then ups price for lodging...
I really think Thomas Quackenbush and Greg Marsh are the best for being trained as a teacher. Some days I feel so good I almost get on a plane to Colorado or Netherlands. Then have a dizzy day, chicken out. Got your message on the blog and you are in!.

Re: Bates Method Teacher Certification Training - sorrisiblue - 10-28-2010

I'm sure it will get better, hang in there! meanwhile keep taking breaks from the computer. Get a stopwatch - every 20 minutes, get up and move away Smile Maybe even have 2-3 days per week completely computer free if you can. It will be worth it when you're healthy again Smile

best, Sorrisi

Re: Bates Method Teacher Certification Training - clarknight - 10-28-2010

Thanks Sorrisi

Re: Bates Method Teacher Certification Training - DaniFixe - 11-01-2010

Clarknight,i have some doubts about those trainning courses. Look ate the Tom's course. You pay about $1500 and only lasts 30 days. Can you tell me if i go there i will learn anything about Bates method and leave forever my glasses in 30 days ? Anyway,where are his students ? Do you have heard any of them?

Re: Bates Method Teacher Certification Training - clarknight - 11-01-2010

1st thing; eyes better: doc said no more 3-d stuff and need better posture: its so bad, neck tension, ripped tendons, it can make sinus worse and sinus does affect eyes, lot pressure on nerves...
Sinus can get into the eye socket? I read that so not sure if true.
Better today! Just keep less computer till tendons heal and still use Davids help: I dont try to force the eyes to work together. I relax with it, DONT LET THE MIND WORRY AND KNOW THAT VISION CORRECTS ITSELF BACK TO NORMAL.
Sorry about the caps lock. Too burnt to redo it.

2nd: That price for Toms course is for Teacher Training. His course for student when I took it was only about $300.00 and included his book, other booklets... and lifetime free classes once week to follow up. Many people there got clear vison. I remember a old guy with close blur, couldnt read. He was practicing looking at fine details, shift, central fixation and he suddenly got first ever clear flashes.
I did not take phone number of any students there.
If you can do it on your own, you dont need a course. Many people do it at home, through books.

RE: Bates Method Teacher Certification Training - sleepmaster - 08-15-2014

A lot of this certification drama seems silly to me. If I ever went to a teacher, I'd care about their eye exam results, or what their visual acuity improvement appears to be from their posts, instead of their certification(s). You'd be surprised what people give away without realizing it from their posts.

RE: Bates Method Teacher Certification Training - bloobi - 01-02-2015

(08-15-2014, 01:15 PM)sleepmaster Wrote: A lot of this certification drama seems silly to me. If I ever went to a teacher, I'd care about their eye exam results, or what their visual acuity improvement appears to be from their posts, instead of their certification(s). You'd be surprised what people give away without realizing it from their posts.

LOL, makes me think of this confession on Youtube of Julia Galvin in 2012, who has been member of the Bates Association for Vision Education since 1997. I don't want to discredit her in any way because her Youtube video's about the Bates method are really great, but it shows that the teacher is not always the best student. Big Grin

RE: Bates Method Teacher Certification Training - Bifocal - 01-06-2015

(08-15-2014, 01:15 PM)sleepmaster Wrote: A lot of this certification drama seems silly to me. If I ever went to a teacher, I'd care about their eye exam results, or what their visual acuity improvement appears to be from their posts, instead of their certification(s). You'd be surprised what people give away without realizing it from their posts.

You make excellent points here.
Anyone wanting to be an eyesight improvement teacher better think about the liabilities.In most states in the U.S. it would be considered medical practice.
And yes who would want to go to an eyesight improvement teacher that wears glasses,squints to see,or has other issues,and blames them on other body parts.

RE: Bates Method Teacher Certification Training - David - 01-07-2015

I deleted the previous few posts in this thread.

No personal attacks. As I have said many times on here.