MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Lucid Dreaming - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
Lucid Dreaming - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Lucid Dreaming (/showthread.php?tid=1618)

Lucid Dreaming - seetheleaves - 09-29-2010

Is anyone here interested in re-opening the topic of lucid dreaming? it doesn't seem to have been brought up for a few years but i think it might have some great correlations with 'lucid seeing'.

my first experience with lucid dreaming happened several years ago and i still remember the clarity of visual images - colors, textures, angles - everything was so clear, so distinct! now that i am having clear flashes with the Bates Method i see similarities to the way everything looked then in my lucid dream.

does anyone here recognize how clearly they see when they are lucid dreaming and then are you able to relate that directly (while still dreaming) to your eye work while awake? like: is your dreaming self able to say - oh! that's how i'm supposed to be seeing everyday - not blurry at all!

i'm curious if anyone has managed to use lucid dreaming as a kind of exercise tool to progress further with their NVI? maybe some of you have reached some breakthroughs this way?

until recently i thought of myself as a 'visual' imaginer. but then my boyfriend - who has perfect sight - told me that when he visualizes a scene he is actually able to jump back and forth from near to far distance with his focus and then zero in on the minute details of his visualizations. he floored me! i realised then that i definitely am *not* a visual person. now i think when i visualize it's really more of recalling emotions and feelings. i think even my dreams blur into this realm - more intuitive, less visually distinct. but i know that when i was lucid dreaming i was definitely able to do what he described.

thoughts from anyone else?

Re: Lucid Dreaming - hammer - 09-29-2010

seetheleaves Wrote:Is anyone here interested in re-opening the topic of lucid dreaming? it doesn't seem to have been brought up for a few years but i think it might have some great correlations with 'lucid seeing'.

my first experience with lucid dreaming happened several years ago and i still remember the clarity of visual images - colors, textures, angles - everything was so clear, so distinct! now that i am having clear flashes with the Bates Method i see similarities to the way everything looked then in my lucid dream.

does anyone here recognize how clearly they see when they are lucid dreaming and then are you able to relate that directly (while still dreaming) to your eye work while awake? like: is your dreaming self able to say - oh! that's how i'm supposed to be seeing everyday - not blurry at all!

i'm curious if anyone has managed to use lucid dreaming as a kind of exercise tool to progress further with their NVI? maybe some of you have reached some breakthroughs this way?

until recently i thought of myself as a 'visual' imaginer. but then my boyfriend - who has perfect sight - told me that when he visualizes a scene he is actually able to jump back and forth from near to far distance with his focus and then zero in on the minute details of his visualizations. he floored me! i realised then that i definitely am *not* a visual person. now i think when i visualize it's really more of recalling emotions and feelings. i think even my dreams blur into this realm - more intuitive, less visually distinct. but i know that when i was lucid dreaming i was definitely able to do what he described.

thoughts from anyone else?

Yes, I have had some lucid dreams.
One of my dreams was totally amazing. In this dream I dreamt that I was a bird flying over an old German town,
and the most remarkable thing was that my vision was at least 20 times sharper than the normal sight of a human being.
I could se every little detail in this town, as if I had been there before, maybe in another life, who knows.
You know I am nearsighted (and also happen to be interested in vision) so this was of course a fantastic dream to me that I had.
So I actually was a bird in this dream.

In another dream I dreamt that I was travelling around in China, and this was fun because I haven't travelled so much in my life and going to China is exciting, but I have other places i rather go to before I go to China, so this was also really nice dream.

I do believe the universe is holofractal/holographic, and so is the mind and vision too.
In such a world every part contains the whole.
Thus the mind can actually travel wherever it wants in this holofractal universe of all possibilities,
because the mind has access to the whole since everything is connected.
This is the freedom of awareness, conciousness.

Re: Lucid Dreaming - seetheleaves - 10-01-2010

Quote:One of my dreams was totally amazing. In this dream I dreamt that I was a bird flying over an old German town,
and the most remarkable thing was that my vision was at least 20 times sharper than the normal sight of a human being.
I could se every little detail in this town, as if I had been there before, maybe in another life, who knows.
You know I am nearsighted (and also happen to be interested in vision) so this was of course a fantastic dream to me that I had.
So I actually was a bird in this dream.

what a beautiful dream, hammer! i can imagine the exhiliration of flying and seeing perfectly everything as it passed beneath you. true freedom.

one lucid dream i had i would look at an object and see it so clearly that i would feel my interest in it pulling me closer to it. the closer i was pulled, the more details i could see and the more dimensional the object became. it was as though it were shining from every part of itself and showing me its true character. i would look and marvel at it until i was finally pulled inside of it and could feel what it was like from the inside. so if it was a rock for example, i would see it from inside the perspective of the rock and all of its facets shining outward.

another dream i had i was looking at a beautiful sky over a city and then just by thinking that i would like to see what it looked like at sunset it would change into a sunset sky. and then i would think that i'd like to see it with clouds and it would have clouds. i did this over and over, totally absorbed - like a child watching all of her thoughts projected in front of her. i became so good at this game that at the exact same moment i was thinking of what i would like to see, it was already happening for me.

this dream reminded me so much of a metaphysical theory i read once. it said that our eyes are more like movie projectors than sensory receptors. which means that *we* are the ones creating what we see, our whole world. i like to think of this idea when i am not seeing clearly on a certain day. i remind myself that i am the one creating my environment, so i have all the possibilities i can imagine. if i choose to see blurry, then that is what i see. if i choose instead to see the details of everything around me then i feel myself relaxing, becoming interested in everything around me. i use what i see in my environment to tell me what state i am in - like dream interpretation for life. and my vision begins to clear.

Re: Lucid Dreaming - seetheleaves - 12-12-2010

The further I go in this process of Natural Vision Improvement the more my dreams are changing. Very often now I am recognizing increased visual clarity while in the dream state. The difference in quality between my former dreams and my current dreams is like the difference between an old t.v. from the 70s (or a really bad seat in a crowded theatre) and the highest quality High Definition television. It seems like all of the Bates principles are making an appearance - there's universal movement and increased perception with central fixation. Colours are more vibrant and everything seems to glow with an inner light. My awareness of peripheral vision is even expanding.
Recently I've been clued in to the fact that I'm dreaming just by my awareness of my increased visual acuity! I find that as soon as I've recognized how clear everything is I a) know that I'm dreaming and b) stop to look at everything with greater interest.
I actually take a moment from participating in the action of my dream to practice Looking for Details!! ha ha ha ha! ;D

Re: Lucid Dreaming - hammer - 12-12-2010

Smile ... and what people don't realize ... there is a long list of positive consequences like ... you also get much stronger inside, better self confidence, better health, it is much less likely to get cancer, depression or autoimmune diseases. Very positive right Smile

I also often look at details when I am dreaming, it becomes easier to imagine things then, I don't search for details, but I follow beautiful lines, round edges with wonderful colours and so on, and then my dreams become very real. I also can extend the peripheral in my dreams to get overview back and forth. This all you gain if you just relax, quite simple actually but needs discipline to follow this in the long run, but once the beautiful dreams really come intense then you will never return to the fade away grey dreams again. My dreams as you understand has also improved a lot, I guess due to much better imagination, but the widened awareness has also enabled me to listen when dreaming, for instance be aware of warnings, look in to the future (synchronicities), communicate with the other side and so on. There is a whole new dimension of awareness that opens once you have reach so far as you have done, then interesting stuff begins to show. The universe wants to look you in the mirror, because it is curious, like I also am curious to see if I look tired, happy, sad, old (young Wink) or what ever in the mirror. Like I've said before, the widened awareness causes clarity in many aspects.