MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Bifocals? Question. - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
Bifocals? Question. - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Complementary Methods (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Bifocals? Question. (/showthread.php?tid=165)

Bifocals? Question. - Beetle - 08-28-2006

I have these old minus glasses, I was wondering if I can pop out the lenses and some how tape them over the plus lenses. Would that render the plus technique useless?

Re: Bifocals? Question. - otis - 08-29-2006

Dear Beetle,

Rather than attempting to "patch" an old pair of glasses,
I would simply order a new pair for $9 from Zennioptical.

If you want a "bifocal" then they have that also, for
a reasonably low cost.  Take a look.

It would be difficult to "tape" a plus to a minus.  The
concept is sound, since the powers "add".

For instance, if you had a -4 diopter perscription (for distance),
you could "tape" a +2 diopter lens on, which would give
you a -4 +2 = -2 diopter power lens for "near".

Best,

Otis