MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Success, but need more encouragement - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
Success, but need more encouragement - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Success Stories (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Success, but need more encouragement (/showthread.php?tid=1704)

Pages: 1 2

Re: Success, but need more encouragement - hammer - 01-22-2011

JMartinC4 Wrote:... the 'double trouble' for nearsightedness is that the surrounding tension bulges the eyefronts for people who are already not focusing the light onto their true foveas...

Yes, that seems to be true JMartinC4.
I just want to check with you what you think about my latest "plan". ;D
My plan is to do the palming with closed eyes, and then I for instance move my eyes upwards (when I palm with closed eyes) to feel the tension in that eyemuscle, then I relax the eyemuscles (or just that eyemuscle) and then I should feel that my eyes automatically moves all by themselves back to the rest position driven by no force (that is the eyes will go back to the rest position due to the relaxation of the upper eyemuscle only), that is move up and rest down.
Then I continue to move the eyes for instance downwards, and then relax them such that they move all by them selves to the rest position again.
Then you continue left and right also, maybe around the clock where the center of the clock is the rest position.
So the meaning of this exercise is to be able to move your eyes away from the rest position with most effortless force and back to rest position with no force. Then there will be no tension struggling in two directions simultaneously.

Now, when I have found how to move the eyes around the rest position, then I will notice that the central fixation will be much easier. I have not reached this goal yet, but I can imagine that this must be the case.
That is the tension caused the eyes to focus on a false fovea, and this will go away by the "plan".
So according to me it is doomed to try to exercise to hit the true fovea unless you have not found your rest position in the first place.
I think I will skip the central fixation for a while, just do it sometimes to check my progress.

Do you think this is d ??? Big Grin med ?

Also the smaller movements you are able to do the better, but in order to learn this you need to start exercise with longer movements to be able to learn to feel the tension and how to switch it on and off. Then you can successively do smaller and even smaller movements as time proceeds.

Re: Success, but need more encouragement - JMartinC4 - 01-23-2011

hammer Wrote:...My plan is to do the palming with closed eyes, and then I for instance move my eyes upwards (when I palm with closed eyes) to feel the tension in that eyemuscle, then I relax the eyemuscles (or just that eyemuscle) and then I should feel that my eyes automatically moves all by themselves back to the rest position driven by no force (that is the eyes will go back to the rest position due to the relaxation of the upper eyemuscle only), that is move up and rest down. Then I continue to move the eyes ... maybe around the clock where the center of the clock is the rest position. ...Then there will be no tension struggling in two directions simultaneously. Now, when I have found how to move the eyes around the rest position, then I will notice that the central fixation will be much easier. I have not reached this goal yet, but I can imagine that this must be the case. That is the tension caused the eyes to focus on a false fovea, and this will go away by the "plan". So according to me it is doomed to try to exercise to hit the true fovea unless you have not found your rest position in the first place.
I think I will skip the central fixation for a while, just do it sometimes to check my progress. Do you think this is d ??? Big Grin med ? Also the smaller movements you are able to do the better, but in order to learn this you need to start exercise with longer movements to be able to learn to feel the tension and how to switch it on and off. Then you can successively do smaller and even smaller movements as time proceeds.
Yes, it sounds good to me. Un-doomed.

Re: Success, but need more encouragement - JMartinC4 - 05-10-2011

Personnel Law 37: If your English isn't good enough to make much sense, stick to your own language.
Personnel Law 38: When you have nothing original to say, keep quiet.
Personnel Law 39: Confused and disorganized thinking equals confused and disorganized writing.
Personnel Law 40: 'vikely' has nothing to say regarding Bates.
Personnel Law 41: I therefore wish David would block and delete 'vikely'.

Re: Success, but need more encouragement - JMartinC4 - 07-28-2011

@david: I think wangyin is a bot - compare its post below:
It is like once the optician utilized to rotate the lens to acquire my prescription - the rotation counters the astigmatism. So, instead of the rotated lens, I rotate my mind a little.

with mine (Post subject: Re: Success, but need more encouragement Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:34 am):
I have found that tilting my head left/right/forward/backward (gyroscopically) helps adjust for and counteract astigmatism. It is like when the optician used to rotate the lens to get my prescription - the rotation counters the astigmatism. So, instead of a rotated lens, I rotate my head a little.

Same with its other post made yesterday. Probably some chinese translation bot which takes a portion of an entry, translates it to chinese, then back again to english, resulting in a mangled version of the original post.

Re: Success, but need more encouragement - David - 07-28-2011

JMartinC4 Wrote:@david: I think wangyin is a bot - compare its post below:
It is like once the optician utilized to rotate the lens to acquire my prescription - the rotation counters the astigmatism. So, instead of the rotated lens, I rotate my mind a little.

with mine (Post subject: Re: Success, but need more encouragement Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:34 am):
I have found that tilting my head left/right/forward/backward (gyroscopically) helps adjust for and counteract astigmatism. It is like when the optician used to rotate the lens to get my prescription - the rotation counters the astigmatism. So, instead of a rotated lens, I rotate my head a little.

Same with its other post made yesterday. Probably some chinese translation bot which takes a portion of an entry, translates it to chinese, then back again to english, resulting in a mangled version of the original post.

It's just changing a portion of words to synonyms to avoid detection. The people who make these things need to be shot.

RE: Success, but need more encouragement - anthony353 - 04-08-2015

Hi all!!
Seriously been sometime you guys can't believe this, up to you believe it or not really it doesn't matter,I really want to cry when I open up my last time I open up this post,yes it's been years it takes that much commitment guess what's my.diopter now

I'll upload my newly purchased spec on the present diopter soon,on mobile device now.
It's doable,going on an unorthodox method could be hard especially when we lust so much on vision.can't believe this post got so much views.keep the faith.this is legit

Here:http://imgur.com/RCLB9vd
There you go,that's my receipt with prescripted diopters drafted on the paper itself.
I manage to get cheaper lens around the market area for this,gotten a lower diopter for another set.
One thing about this practice I believe you can't over constraints your eyes so I lessen 20% off my prescription if it's not very critical to use my vision