MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
website upgrade - vision blogs added - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
website upgrade - vision blogs added - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Administration (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Announcements (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: website upgrade - vision blogs added (/showthread.php?tid=1802)

website upgrade - vision blogs added - David - 05-24-2011

I redesigned the site. <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.iblindness.org">http://www.iblindness.org</a><!-- m -->

I still need to redirect all the old pages to the new, and move a couple of the online books over, but it's pretty much up and running now.

So you'll see Nancy's blog at the bottom of the homepage. If anyone else has a blog hosted on like Wordpress or Blogspot, just send me a link and I'll add the feed. It updates automatically every hour once I set it up.

Re: website upgrade - vision blogs added - Nancy - 05-24-2011

Yeah, I was kind of shocked to see my words featured on your front page! But that's why I write, and any feedback is only helping me. You might want to send Sorrisi a PM to see if she wants her blog featured. It would be a great addition.

Re: website upgrade - vision blogs added - clarknight - 05-28-2011

Hey, Love the new website David!!!
That picture of glasses broken is perfect! This is great!
I send lot of people to iblindness and Nancy's, Sorrisi's blogs.
One man went down 3 eyeglass strenghts and now only uses glasses for driving. Other guy lot improvement, no glasses now.

Re: website upgrade - vision blogs added - clarknight - 06-06-2011

Hey! That instant convert a page to PDF tool on the free on-line books is so handy! The Facebook, Twitter links!! This website is the tops, the best! I can easily send links to people that ask for vision improvement.

Re: website upgrade - vision blogs added - David - 06-06-2011

The Print button is ignoring the first couple of page headings, but other than that it works. I put all that stuff on the template for every article and online book. The new structure under the hood is different enough that I can do things like that now.

Re: website upgrade - vision blogs added - David - 06-07-2011

A blog from tumblr.com is showing too, so adding blogs from other sites will probably be pretty easy for me too, with some tweaks to the code. There are 7 blogs in the mix now, and I'll no doubt be adding more.

Re: website upgrade - vision blogs added - Nancy - 06-09-2011

David, you may have noticed this yourself -- the software that takes the excerpt from the vision blog for your front page does funny things with apostrophes. I made a post earlier entitled "Dream: I Can't Get My Car Out!". Then when I logged in to the forum later to look up something, my blog post looked like I had been swearing! I can't get my *#*&!?**% car out! I changed the title of the post to avoid this and will remember for the future. Don't want anyone to think I'm not ladylike! Thanks.

Re: website upgrade - vision blogs added - David - 06-09-2011

Yeah, I'm not sure how to fix it yet. It's going to be something simple I can add to the code, but I haven't found the answer yet.

Re: website upgrade - vision blogs added - David - 06-18-2011

It's reading the blog post dates a bit wrong, so the latest one isn't always showing. I'll get it corrected soon.

But we have like 8 blogs running now and counting.