MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
I want my vision back - started few days ago - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
I want my vision back - started few days ago - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Bates Method (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: I want my vision back - started few days ago (/showthread.php?tid=1889)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

I want my vision back - started few days ago - blwegrzyn - 08-14-2011

Hello everyone. I am nearsighted and i have the astigmatism.
Few days ago I made a goal to correct my vision naturally.
I have read many articles on the INTERNET that it cannot be done and it is a scam?
But somehow I still believe and want to try.
I spent last three days with doing exercises such as: palming, zooming, 3cups exercise, warm water, eye massage. I was just trying, but I wonder what is the best way to start? Should I purchase any specific program or just follow the guide on this page? Just started to read...

thx

Re: I want my vision back - started few days ago - Deliverance - 08-15-2011

I have three replies for you:

1: It's a fact and not a theory that myopia and almost all eye troubles, if not all, are curable when central fixation is reached. as Dr. Bates state.

2: How can you guess it's a scam?. Not becouse you've read something on the internet means it's correct. No one here is asking you for money, everything is free and you can always try it out for yourself and see if it's true or not. Can you think for a moment and apply common sense here?.

3: No, you don't have to buy anything. You're wrong about the eye exercise approach, with that in mind you're more likely to fail and bring frustration. Please, read Dr. Bates' book if possible, then (Imagination Blindness main page, forum).

Re: I want my vision back - started few days ago - JMartinC4 - 08-15-2011

blwegrzyn Wrote:...I am nearsighted and i have the astigmatism. Few days ago I made a goal to correct my vision naturally. I have read many articles on the INTERNET that it cannot be done and it is a scam? But somehow I still believe and want to try. I spent last three days with doing exercises such as: palming, zooming, 3cups exercise, warm water, eye massage. I was just trying, but I wonder what is the best way to start? Should I purchase any specific program or just follow the guide on this page? Just started to read. thx
Lord Wrote:I have three replies for you: 1: It's a fact and not a theory that myopia and almost all eye troubles, if not all, are curable when central fixation is reached. as Dr. Bates state. 2: How can you guess it's a scam?. Not becouse you've read something on the internet means it's correct. No one here is asking you for money, everything is free and you can always try it out for yourself and see if it's true or not. Can you think for a moment and apply common sense here?. 3: No, you don't have to buy anything. You're wrong about the eye exercise approach, with that in mind you're more likely to fail and bring frustration. Please, read Dr. Bates' book if possible, then (Imagination Blindness main page, forum).
Lord's replies are good. I too would emphasize that the first thing you have to do is read Dr. Bates' book or one of his followers' such as Margaret Corbett. Then start palming and swinging.
But beyond that you then have to update your knowledge of the visual system - not just the eye or its individual components.
For instance, here are a couple of things you probably will only find in this community forum or links posted by participants:
1) The word "myopia" simply means 'closed eye' - which is the way the ancient Greeks described those rare individuals who couldn't see clearly into the distance. Why would they have described it that way? Probably because they could see that those people were constantly squeezing down on their eyeballs and needed to relax and open up their eyelids, eyebrows, cheeks, etcetera. Hmmm.... What if you counteracted the unconscious squeezing by consciously yawning and stretching open your brows, lids and cheeks?
2) Science started measuring nearsighted eyeballs 100+ years ago, and decided that the nearsighted eyeballs are 'elongated' compared with normal eyeballs. What is usually missing from that description is that it is the front part (the cornea) which seems longer - it can't be the back part where the retina is, because that would cause much worse problems than myopia. Have you ever squeezed on a water-filled balloon? It bulges. What if the eye is simply bulged in front from all the unconscious squeezing? Hmmm... What if you also fought the 'battle of the bulge' (we like humor here Smile ) by constantly applying cold water to the face and eyeballs?

Re: I want my vision back - started few days ago - blwegrzyn - 08-15-2011

ok, thx
i will start reading now.
I am IT so my work is at the computer all the time. Due to the astigmatism, i must have my glasses on.
I tried without but it is painful, so i will keep them on for the work time.
I will post more questions after i read the book.
So, I wonder how different is Bates method from all those different solutions advertised?

blwegrzyn Wrote:ok, thx i will start reading now. I am IT so my work is at the computer all the time. Due to the astigmatism, i must have my glasses on. I tried without but it is painful, so i will keep them on for the work time. I will post more questions after i read the book. So, I wonder how different is Bates method from all those different solutions advertised?
Well, I no longer look at any such advertisements - all they want to do is to sell something which is completely unnecessary and unproven, contrary to their claims (vitamins, a mechanical device, a DVD, pinhole glasses, tinfoil hats, eye squeezing contacts, etcetera). As Lord said, Bates costs nothing. This forum costs nothing. This website costs nothing (it is a .org site - although if David asked for donations, I would be happy to give).
Light itself still costs nothing. Thinking about things still costs nothing.
I have a suggestion for you, which may sound strange, but it's something I discovered helped me in the very early stages of vision training: Turn your glasses upside down sometimes.
The reason this works to improve vision is, strangely enough, most myopes are wearing glasses that are overprescribed for their worse eye, which eventually turns that worse eye into their dominant eye, which is completely unnatural and probably produces continuing worsening eyesight until some lowest common denominator for their eyesight is reached (or full physical/mental/spiritual development is reached).
Turning the glasses upside down puts the weaker lens where it should be - with the weaker, non-dominant eye. It may also counteract some of the astigmatism - forcing the eyes to realign themselves rather than simply reinforcing the misalignment.
Of course, you should still not wear the glasses whenever you can for as long as you can (Safety First, of course).
Another method I used was to simply tilt the glasses forward on my nose, changing the refractory angles, and allowing me to look over them as much as possible.

I totally understand that this site is free , thats why i want to give it a try.
I am trying to get a quick start guide what to do before I finish the book. (it is kind of hard to read)
Looks like what they trying to say so far is the power of the eye to accommodate.
I am trying to understand the book and the rationale behind the Bates method.
It will probably take me some time, but with the help of all the members I should learn faster.

Also, I found the link at the bottom to some program. I wonder is this something that David and all the members here approve?

Also, when I look at the testimonials there is not that many posts here. I wonder why?

thx again, just started the chapter 3 of the book

Re: I want my vision back - started few days ago - hereford_picnic - 08-15-2011

I second to that what C4 said. You don't need to buy shit. Read first the stuff you can get for free from iblindness.org, and then find the Better Eyesight Magazines. There's over 1000 pages worth information. Read David's blog.

Lose the glasses. Apply palming for headaches. It may even be that you get very good feedback from headaches. My best flashes come on hangover days. If you have a headache, you honestly don't want to see anything - and then it happens.

As for the beginning, what do you guys think about this?
http://michaelslog.wordpress.com/the-beginning/

I am sorry, but after reading the beginners guide, i am confused.
The explanation does not seem to me to be logical.
It feels like to me that by palming (in other words resting) my eyes will relax and the vision will improve or not?
Also, it feels to me that by using the imagination techniques, I will teach my brain to see well what actually is not well.
So i will still see bad, but my brain will perceive it good, so in the end i will see good?
The explanations are abstract for me and all sounds like some kind of weird YOGA stuff.
Can this be explain in more simple world for a dummy like I?
This could be the reason why people dont use the method cause it seems to be complicated and more spiritual.

thx

Re: I want my vision back - started few days ago - Pikachu - 08-15-2011

That's a good point. People tend to be turned off of things that they can't come to grips with by using logical reasoning.

@blwegrzyn: Just a bit of advice to you: You might want to try following the instructions for palming, imagination, swinging, shifting, whatever it may be and not worry so much about HOW or WHY it works. Think of it as a sort of mystery. Try those things out first and see if you can figure out why they work.

Thx all for your support.
This page helped a little better and faster understand the techniques used in the Bates method.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.seeing.org/techniques/index.html">http://www.seeing.org/techniques/index.html</a><!-- m -->

I am still reading the original book on your site and currently on chapter 10.

I am amazed that those weird things like:
Palming,Sunning,The Swings,The Sway,Colour Days

would have anything to do with the healing of you eyes.

I always thought that to be able to correct the eyes for the astigmatism or the nearsightedness (this is what I have) ,we need to reshape the eye?
Is it still the main point of above techniques? Are they reshaping the eye or making some other changes?

I am writing this mail without the glasses.

I did a lot of palming today, and tried the swings.
I was decided to stop doing the exercises i found somewhere else:
Ferris Wheel Distant Night
3 Cups
Distant Night
In & Out
In & Out Level 2
Eyes Wide Open Muscle Massage

Not sure how above relates to Bates? Why they all say the Bates method but use different sets. Example sites are:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.perfect-eyes.com/">http://www.perfect-eyes.com/</a><!-- m -->
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.rebuildyourvision.com/">http://www.rebuildyourvision.com/</a><!-- m -->

But anyway, lets go back to Bates.

In case of the palming I noticed that when my eyes are covered with my palms I see kind of dark background, but no pure black.
From time to time I can see tiny dot that is super black, but it disappears and sometimes I cannot get it back.
What is that dot? Sometimes it changes its color to white.
But i must say is so black when it is there.

Many of you say to take off the glasses while working.
Yes, i can do that but I automatically start to struggle with reading and it gives me headaches.
According to the Bates book (chapter 10) the strain is not good, so why should i get rid of the glasses and stick to the headaches?
Would not this make the things worse? Also when I don't have my glasses the letters are blurry and all experience is painful.
30min is ok , but whole day is hard and causes headaches.
I don't have a choice and I must stare and read a lot on my monitor. (that's my job)

So, I am trying to come with some plan for the next month.
- drop old exercises - still don't know why they were bad?
- start to to a lot of palming and spend at least 30min on doing above Bates exercises.
- wear glasses only why needed at work, and try to remove them as often as possible
- never were glasses after work and even if doing something at the computer, let the eyes suffer and do it with pain?

So far after 1H of the internet reading and typing all is blurry and painful? Why then such a radical approach?
Why all other methods ask you to wear glasses , maybe with less power while continuously exercising the glasses?
Am I missing something?

I hope I did not ask too many questions, but I like to know what I do before I do it.
What do you think?

thx

[edit]
the rep of rebuild your vision told me:
"
Although Dr. Bates is credited for pioneering the subject of
natural vision improvement and paving the way for its
progression, it has been nearly 80 years since his work. The
subject has been greatly refined and advanced. We have
extensively researched and compiled those technological
advances into the Rebuild Your Vision program.
"

@blwegrzyn - Your title for this thread is "I want my vision back - started few days ago" - implying that you have a clear memory of having had normal distance eyesight which deteriorated into bad nearsightedness. I'm sure this happened to you when you were still growing and developing - physically, mentally, spiritually, etc. If you are now an adult, I will wager that your visual development is stunted below where it should normally be - i.e., when you open your eyes you are automatically pointing them below where they should be pointed. Normal vision requires eyes that are pointed appropriately for the person's height.
I will also wager that you either have one eye which is not only much better than the other but also overdominant (you always look through that eye first), or that your dominant eye is your worse eye. Which is it? (Normal human vision has one eye with slightly better eyesight than the other, and the slightly better eye is dominant but not overdominant.) People who continuously wear their optician-prescribed glasses are known to develop worse eye dominance.
Socrates declared that the unexamined life is not worth living. You need to think about how and why your vision stopped developing with the rest of your body and mind. Then discover for yourself which of the Bates Methods (or your own improvements to them) are most effective for developing normal sight again.

Re: I want my vision back - started few days ago - hereford_picnic - 08-16-2011

blwegrzyn Wrote:Thx all for your support.
This page helped a little better and faster understand the techniques used in the Bates method.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.seeing.org/techniques/index.html">http://www.seeing.org/techniques/index.html</a><!-- m -->
"
That site looks pretty good, thanks.

Quote:Many of you say to take off the glasses while working.
Yes, i can do that but I automatically start to struggle with reading and it gives me headaches.
Stop straining.

You could try to learn why you need to change the automatically part.

Re: I want my vision back - started few days ago - blwegrzyn - 08-16-2011

Yes i remember exact day when i lost my vision. I was 20 years old, and I used to sit at the computer almost every day from 6pm to 3-4am.
Every time I would stop using the computer I would go and check the news on Tv TELETEXT, and that one day I noticed that letters, got little blurry.
I always though that i was overworked and I waited when the vision will get back but it never did, so I stopped waiting and I got used to it.
After two years since that happened, I looked through the glasses of my friend (JUST FOR FUN) and then I noticed that with glasses my vision was better.
Thats how is started. I started with the low correction -0.5 and -0.5 both eyes. After few years I was -1.25 L and -1.75 R.
And it stayed like this for almost 10 years. Then I developed the astigmatism. Don't remember the values.
Last time (3 weeks ago) when I went to check my eyes I was told that I almost don't need any correction for the nearsighted , but mostly the astigmatism.
So they gave me new prescription that corrects the astigmatism and has little correction for the nearsighted. (L -0.50 R -0.25)
I forgot what was the correction for the astigmatism. I am supposed to pick up my new glasses this week so i will check.
The funny part is that i am almost no nearsighted , but the astigmatism makes thinks look very bad.
It looks like i magically healed partially and developed bigger astigmatism.

the way i see is:
left eye - some astigmatism , -0.5 nearsighted
right eye - more astigmatism , -0.25 nearsighted

so it feels like one eye is dominant at close distance other at far distance

But, i still don't know how to proceed with the exercises.
Jmartinc4, you statements are very general, and don't help me with starting the therapy.
Sorry if I don't get it, but it feels like answers on this forum are always abstract to me.

thx

Re: I want my vision back - started few days ago - JMartinC4 - 08-16-2011

blwegrzyn Wrote:Yes i remember exact day when i lost my vision. I was 20 years old, and I used to sit at the computer almost every day from 6pm to 3-4am. Every time I would stop using the computer I would go and check the news on Tv TELETEXT, and that one day I noticed that letters, got little blurry. I always though that i was overworked and I waited when the vision will get back but it never did, so I stopped waiting and I got used to it.
After two years since that happened, I looked through the glasses of my friend (JUST FOR FUN) and then I noticed that with glasses my vision was better. Thats how is started. I started with the low correction -0.5 and -0.5 both eyes. After few years I was -1.25 L and -1.75 R. And it stayed like this for almost 10 years. Then I developed the astigmatism. Don't remember the values. Last time (3 weeks ago) when I went to check my eyes I was told that I almost don't need any correction for the nearsighted , but mostly the astigmatism. So they gave me new prescription that corrects the astigmatism and has little correction for the nearsighted. (L -0.50 R -0.25) I forgot what was the correction for the astigmatism. I am supposed to pick up my new glasses this week so i will check. The funny part is that i am almost no nearsighted , but the astigmatism makes thinks look very bad. It looks like i magically healed partially and developed bigger astigmatism. the way i see is: left eye - some astigmatism , -0.5 nearsighted right eye - more astigmatism , -0.25 nearsighted
so it feels like one eye is dominant at close distance other at far distance
But, i still don't know how to proceed with the exercises. Jmartinc4, you statements are very general, and don't help me with starting the therapy. Sorry if I don't get it, but it feels like answers on this forum are always abstract to me. thx
Okay, let's face some facts: Whatever you have, it isn't commonplace myopia (if it even qualifies as myopia at all), which is what the Bates Method, this website, and this forum are by and large all about.
So, what you probably need to do is focus on astigmatism - which is out-of-roundness of the cornea, and which probably causes or is caused by misalignment of your visual system (the right eye, the left eye, the corneas, the natural lenses, the symmetrical foveas, the symmetrical blindspots, the unsymmetrical pseudofoveas if any, the optic chiasm, the occipital lobes, and the mind - for starters, I guess.)
You should probably start searching the books, website, references, and forums for anything to do with astigmatism, dry eyes, and eye dominance, and ignore the rest of it.
There isn't a big red EASY button for this. You have to do your own work. You have to do your own thinking. You have to grow up.
Or you can just accept the magic lenses and their magic results with their magic explanations, and forget that you used to have normal eyesight. Do you really care?
I will make one specific recommendation to you: Turn your optician-prescribed glasses upside down half of the time you wear them.

Re: I want my vision back - started few days ago - blwegrzyn - 08-16-2011

I though that bates method applies to astigmatism, near and far sighted ?
Looks like I am at the wrong place then?