MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
I want my vision back - started few days ago - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
I want my vision back - started few days ago - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Bates Method (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: I want my vision back - started few days ago (/showthread.php?tid=1889)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Re: I want my vision back - started few days ago - blwegrzyn - 09-30-2011

Andrea, I have been with no glasses since I started this post.
I did not put them even for 1 minute.
So far I am experimenting with different methods and techniques.

Re: I want my vision back - started few days ago - asarrascene - 10-04-2011

Does anybody do eyes streching exercises? To look up and down, right and left, to the corners. When I do it, my astigmatism gets a lot better and after some minutes it becames blurry again, but I see some improvement.

When I do it, I see some spots, like stars, shining on the side I´m looking at.
Although it seems to help my astigmatism, I´m afraid that I could be straining when I do this.

Adriano

Re: I want my vision back - started few days ago - blwegrzyn - 10-05-2011

I am doing set quick set of those before i start working on my eyes.
I also noticed some little temporary improvement, although this is against Bates cause by moving up, down, we strain out muscles.
So, i am not sure if this is anything helpful.

Re: I want my vision back - started few days ago - asarrascene - 10-07-2011

Anybody else?

Those exercises are recomended too by Leo Angart, Norbekov and others.

Re: I want my vision back - started few days ago - blwegrzyn - 11-11-2011

Time to a quick update. It has been 3 months since i took my glasses off.
Every day i learn something new through the forum, thank you all.
So far my vision stays constant, and i did not get a clear flash yet.
All I can tell is that I kind of feel like i got used to using a computer without glasses, and started to feel the strain in my eyes. What I mean by that is now i know when strain happens. Before I did not feel anything. I still feel uneducated and with every day I understand more how difficult it is to apply the Bates method. I hope David will write this magic guide soon, so I can progress faster. I also think that the astigmatism is the hardest to fix.
I know that without it I could see perfect!!!

Re: I want my vision back - started few days ago - liquidlight - 11-22-2011

blwegrzyn, You will get results. Your nearsight hasn't been with you for too long, and it isn't that bad. Therefore you can certainly improve - probably easier than most of us have/are. If you want it back, just stick with it.

Forgive me for not reading the entire thread, so I may be repeating some things. But I did read the first page and know that you had some problems understanding the material. Don't feel bad about this - I didn't get it either. Worse, I thought I got it and found out I had been interpreting things wrong. And still, this did not stop me from improving. So don't worry about the details, they will become clear along the way [pun intended]. Worry will only get in your way.

The main few things I want to emphasize are these: a) don't stress your eyes. if something hurts, or hurts later or the next day, stop doing it ASAP. b) Remember the point is to relax. c) Once you feel relaxes and/or get a moment of clearer vision, take a moment to notice how you feel and how your eyes feel - and remember those feelings. d) Take time with exercises and re-read the instructions occasionally - even if you think you know them by heart. It took me months to learn how to swing properly because I *thought* I already knew how to do it. Then I read again, months later, and discovered important parts I missed the first time.

Your eyes will relax, and therefore change shape. You will also unlearn bad habits and learn new good habits. The muscles will loosen and allow the eye to move freely. It may take days, months, or years... but you will progress. The journey is important Smile

Re: I want my vision back - started few days ago - blwegrzyn - 11-22-2011

liquidlight
thx for support, means a lot to me, especially at times when i am in doubt!!!
I am on the track.

Re: I want my vision back - started few days ago - liquidlight - 11-23-2011

blwegrzyn Wrote:feel like i got used to using a computer without glasses, and started to feel the strain in my eyes. What I mean by that is now i know when strain happens. Before I did not feel anything.

Yeah man -- that's the magic bit right there. That's a sure sign that you're on the right track.

It took me a few weeks or even months to notice/feel that I was straining. It was like somehow, before that, I was locked so tight I couldn't even feel it. Once you can feel it, you have something to work with. Now you can try to relax when you feel that strain, and let it go. You will get better and better at this.

I should mention that I stepped away from my improvement for the last 12-18 months, due to life distractions and other problems. During that time, I didn't get much further improvement -- but I also didn't lose what I had already gained. This is promising to me! So now I'm back, trying to improve, and I know I'll get more improvement soon.

But yea, at least you can FEEL the strain now, and that is KEY to your success.

Re: I want my vision back - started few days ago - blwegrzyn - 12-26-2011

Amazing, time is flying.
4 months without glasses and I survived!!!
I was able to: drive a car, go for a movie to the theater few times, watch TV at home, work at the computer 8H a day, read books and articles and more.
So i could do anything I wanted. The only difference is I could not see as good as people who see clearly.
What I have learned so far:
- pay attention to the strain and don't let your eyes strain ( i always try to break strain with palming and blinking)
- don't expect to get a clear flash or better vision, just use your eyes and the rest will follow (as stupid as it sounds I try to believe it)
- practice the correct eye habits but don't be paranoid

So that's all for now.
No sure where to go from now, but I assume I must continue and wait.

thx

Re: I want my vision back - started few days ago - blwegrzyn - 01-15-2012

So , today it is exactly 5 months of my Bates journey.
First of all, thank you all for being such a great support!!!

My vision stays the same most of the time,but today I noticed something interesting.
While I am working on my computer form time to time I am noticing the letters become very clear and very strong. (bold)
It feels like somebody would put on a very strong glasses.
While this is happening I feel my eye balls becoming heavy and like they would be pulsing.
This is exactly same feel when you put super strong glasses on, but this time this happens with no glasses.
So i look at see the letters clear and bold and when I blink the become little blurry and after few seconds they again become sharp and very bold.
Every blink breaks it , but sometimes it comes back after the blink.

I am noticing it at close distances only. If I look far away i don't notice that behavior.
At least I cannot see any difference as I see at close distance.

Anyone experienced anything like that?
What is this? Could it be sign of vision slowly aligning and relearning old habits?

thx

EDIT: I forgot to add that I also experience some weird clicking in my eyes from time to time.
Feels like muscles are realigning or something like that.

Re: I want my vision back - started few days ago - arocarty - 01-16-2012

Yes, you usually first start to see improvements, for shorter or longer durations, at favorable distances and under favorable conditions. For most, that will be at the near point, where one sees best, and where one is least likely to strain and feel the need to make some type of abnormal effort. That may not seem like much, but it is sort of a stepping stone, when you can start to identify (sense) what it is like for the eyes to function more properly. With repeated practice, you're awareness, and ability to remember it improves, and so will acuity improve at less favorable distances, and under less favorable conditions. Sounds like your blinks are becoming less of a disruption, and sometimes becoming an actual restful reflex, which it rightfully should be. That's great. To me, that sounds like you are teaching your visual system how to relax again, and successfully reducing the effort you make, at least at the nearpoint for now - keep it up!

Andrew

Re: I want my vision back - started few days ago - liquidlight - 02-09-2012

blwegrzyn Wrote:While I am working on my computer form time to time I am noticing the letters become very clear and very strong. (bold)
It feels like somebody would put on a very strong glasses.
While this is happening I feel my eye balls becoming heavy and like they would be pulsing.

Yeah, this is exactly how it happens for me. It happens at short distances, but for me it also happens at longer distances (10-100 feet) too. At first it was subtle and happened only near (5ft or so), but for the last couple years it is very sharp and happens at longer distances.

Last night I was watching a TV show from about 15 feet away, and suddenly it got very sharp. It was (literally) like having -4.00 glasses on, but I had no glasses on at all. There was still slight doubling/ghosting, but it didn't matter because it was still very clear. I didnt try to do anything with it; simply laid back and relaxed, and continued to watch the show.

It doesn't happen all the time, but it happens frequently enough that it doesn't surprise me anymore.

blwegrzyn Wrote:I am noticing it at close distances only. If I look far away i don't notice that behavior.

This might be a clue that you are still uncomfortable at long distances. It's not something to worry about, but just keep it in mind as you are looking far, that you may be trying to compensate in far distances and need to relax more. It will probably improve on its own, but if you keep it in mind, you might quicken the improvement.

Re: I want my vision back - started few days ago - blwegrzyn - 02-29-2012

So, today while working on the computer when I look at tiny letters I am noticing them fluctuating.
The go blurry, then less blurry, then they become super clear and sharp.
When I blink, all goes to old state where my text is affected by astigmatism.
Then, if I again start reading and hold my blinking the letters will clear again, but not every time.
Once i blink it all goes bad again. What is this? While blinking is braking the great experience i have?
Why this only happens with letters and short distances? I never experience that while I look at letters on signs even at 6-10feet away. Only at 2-3feet away i experience this "clear flash" i guess?
When this happens it feels like my eye balls are getting bigger and reshape.

Re: I want my vision back - started few days ago - arocarty - 02-29-2012

blwegrzyn Wrote:So, today while working on the computer when I look at tiny letters I am noticing them fluctuating.
The go blurry, then less blurry, then they become super clear and sharp.
When I blink, all goes to old state where my text is affected by astigmatism.
Then, if I again start reading and hold my blinking the letters will clear again, but not every time.
Once i blink it all goes bad again. What is this? While blinking is braking the great experience i have?
Why this only happens with letters and short distances? I never experience that while I look at letters on signs even at 6-10feet away. Only at 2-3feet away i experience this "clear flash" i guess?
When this happens it feels like my eye balls are getting bigger and reshape.

It happens at the nearpoint, because the nearpoint is where you see best, with the least amount of effort, tension, and strain. (LEAST amount, not necessarily no amount). It's an optimum distance where you are most likely to experience the initial fluctuations of vision. When abnormal tension is being released, it can feel like something is expanding out, as opposed to a squeezing and pulling in. All you can do is let it happen, and keep recalling that feeling to encourage it. You probably still tense when you blink, whether its voluntary or involuntary. Mostly involuntary, I would guess. If you are locking onto any point when you blink, that can worsen things as well. Do you keep trying to look at the same point while blinking? (as a rule of thumb, don't EVER keep looking at the same point) Shift to another point, whether it's coming out perfectly clear or not. Every time you blink, think of a different point, whether it's a close adjacent one (as David encourages), or one farther away.

I found that the practice of looking at very fine print every day helped stabilize the fluctuation at the nearpoint (I had astigmatism too), and helped raise my awareness of the tension I was so prone to while reading.

Re: I want my vision back - started few days ago - blwegrzyn - 02-29-2012

arocarty Wrote:...it can feel like something is expanding out, as opposed to a squeezing and pulling in. All you can do is let it happen, and keep recalling that feeling to encourage it.
This is exactly how it feels. (expanding)
arocarty Wrote:I found that the practice of looking at very fine print every day helped stabilize the fluctuation at the nearpoint (I had astigmatism too), and helped raise my awareness of the tension I was so prone to while reading.
Looks like reading a fine print often is useful. How long did it take you to get rid of the astigmatism?