MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
I want my vision back - started few days ago - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
I want my vision back - started few days ago - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Bates Method (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: I want my vision back - started few days ago (/showthread.php?tid=1889)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Re: I want my vision back - started few days ago - arocarty - 02-29-2012

It probably took several months to get control over it, once I became more aware of the tension and how it released when looking at small print, imagining the halos, etc. I like to say 'control', as opposed to getting 'rid' of errors of refraction, because I don't think we are ever completely rid of them. Remember, even those with perfect sight have fluctuations, some very frequently. They just have good, habitual ways of controlling it, and getting quickly back on the right track. It'll still rear it's head a little bit when I catch myself staring, straining, trying to gobble too much text up too fast. But I know what to do, so it's pretty insignificant at this point.

Reading fine print really can be helpful. Because it's impossible to focus on it properly without relaxing the abnormal tensions that are plaguing your visual system for the near point.

Regards,

Andrew

Re: I want my vision back - started few days ago - blwegrzyn - 09-11-2012

Wow, the time is flying so fast.
It has been 1year and 1 month since I posted here for the first time.
Did not put my glasses even once except 1 try.
Initially I was doing many exercise like palming, shifting, swinging, almost everything that was out there trying to find what works.
But after few months I worn out as I could not see any results that would make me happy.
So, after that I just was trying to see better, and anytime there was an occasion to do some eye training, I would try to:
- trying to see detail
- swing little
- sift
- rest the eye
- blink
- do nothing

I even tried to put my glasses once and I was shocked how strong my prescription was. I could not hold to it for 5 seconds!!!

Today, I have read the David's method I and I want to restart the process and approach it from his point of view, but I find it hard to understand how? Seems like to me, just look for details, the smallest detail, want to see, and all will come by itself?
David, forgive me my explanation, but I find your method description very general? Is my understanding of your method correct?

Re: I want my vision back - started few days ago - David - 09-14-2012

blwegrzyn Wrote:Today, I have read the David's method I and I want to restart the process and approach it from his point of view, but I find it hard to understand how? Seems like to me, just look for details, the smallest detail, want to see, and all will come by itself?
David, forgive me my explanation, but I find your method description very general? Is my understanding of your method correct?

What you said is part of it, but I don't know how correct your understanding of it is. I don't think all the meaning can be contained in one sentence.