MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Eccentric fixation "excersise" - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
Eccentric fixation "excersise" - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Bates Method (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Eccentric fixation "excersise" (/showthread.php?tid=1907)

Pages: 1 2 3

Re: Eccentric fixation "excersise" - sorrisiblue - 09-04-2011

hey Mart, yeah, I think you're right. I hope that the sunning helps with this extreme sensitivity.
best, sorrisi

Re: Eccentric fixation "excersise" - michael_burnoute - 09-04-2011

Sorrisi, thanks for your advice, will do that when the time is right.

Mart, I know Sorrisi already asked this but I'll ask again: have you discussed your problem (not the light sensitivity but the worse center) with an eye doctor? I guess it could be a lot of things but some things you said point to macular degeneration. (I'd still recommend the Bates Method, since there is no real cure to it. And keep on treating the light sensitivity.) It would be interesting to hear what your ophthalmologist says.

Re: Eccentric fixation "excersise" - JMartinC4 - 09-04-2011

My God, I want to figure this out. We can do it. I know we can do it. We are doing it.
sorrisiblue Wrote:From JMartinC:
Quote:In my opinion, the brain/mind somehow knows that it receives visual information from the center of the retinas (it has to combine input from both eyes) because the center is where the optic nerves connect to the retinas.
I guess I misunderstood the part where you wrote "the center is where the optic nerves connect to the retinas" as you meaning to say that the center is where the optic nerves connect to the retinas. Sorry.
Quote:My eyesight continues to improve. Yours doesn't.
Why is my vision improvement relevant to this discussion? Your words sound like a bit of a schoolboy taunt. Something that might not be appropriate on an adult forum?
I'm pretty happy with my improvement from 5/200 (not being able to see much without glasses) to 5/10, 10/20, 20/50. It's functional vision, and I continue to be able to see more and more despite lots of stress. I'd go on, but this thread is not about my vision improvement. If you'd like to comment more about my vision improvement and make comparisons with how amazing yours is, send me a PM or start a new thread.
You have had fantastic improvement. I want to finish this. Don't get me wrong. I admire you and everyone on this forum and website. We know something is going on that regular science is ignoring. We are going to solve it.

Re: Eccentric fixation "excersise" - hereford_picnic - 09-04-2011

Do you admire me too?

Re: Eccentric fixation "excersise" - sorrisiblue - 09-05-2011

Quote:We know something is going on that regular science is ignoring. We are going to solve it.

Alright, I'm with you on that Smile

Re: Eccentric fixation "excersise" - Mart - 09-05-2011

michael_burnoute Wrote:Mart, I know Sorrisi already asked this but I'll ask again: have you discussed your problem (not the light sensitivity but the worse center) with an eye doctor? I guess it could be a lot of things but some things you said point to macular degeneration. (I'd still recommend the Bates Method, since there is no real cure to it. And keep on treating the light sensitivity.) It would be interesting to hear what your ophthalmologist says.

Yes I've been to several eye doctors. Most of them could not give me any answer at all, and one pointed towards me having a hereditary disease with a name I cannot remember. I am not convinced though, since there has been no known member of my family who has had such vision problems as I have. And even in Bates day, eye doctors would point toward explainations like this one, and then Bates would cure them anyway.

I looked up Macular Degeneration, and even though it seems similar to what I have, my vision in the center is not quite that bad as I saw in one picture (on Wikipedia). I suppose there could be varying degrees of it, but I don't recall any doctor saying that I have it.

Re: Eccentric fixation "excersise" - michael_burnoute - 09-05-2011

Mart,

okay, so they are guessing. Well it doesn't matter, because it looks like we'll have to deal with everything that is incurable the same way. But if you happen to get a proper diagnosis before you cure yourself it would be nice to know what it was.

Btw, good to know that your not afflicted by the insane horror of the MaD (macular degeneration). ;D

Re: Eccentric fixation "excersise" - JMartinC4 - 09-05-2011

hereford_picnic Wrote:Do you admire me too?
Of course. Remember when I called you on your 'sneering' disdain of a temporarily repaired tearfilm clearflash? You are on the team, now, I believe. Teamwork. This Bates Method 'laboratory' needs teamwork. You're on the team now, aren't you? Of course I admire you if so.

Re: Eccentric fixation "excersise" - Nini - 09-05-2011

Hi Mart
I have a similar problem in my operated (after retinal detatchment) eye, which is most probably due to the deformation of the eyeball, necessary to fix the retina. As it is just a minor problem considering other effects of the operation (slightly deformed and darker sight due to a rest of liquid stll near the macular) this problem doesn't give me much trouble; I hardly notice it, as I see mainly with my other eye which is 3 1/2 diopters better.

But when I train my operated eye and look at the first of the 5 letters of the eye-chart (<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.smbs.buffalo.edu/oph/ped/IVAC/IVAC.html">http://www.smbs.buffalo.edu/oph/ped/IVAC/IVAC.html</a><!-- m -->), the last letter becomes clear.
Then I look back to the last letter and try to maintain the clarity in the apropriate place, which is possible after some shifting between the first and the last letter. With shifting I can usually get the other letters clear too, exept for the first one - this is the most difficult and quite often I am more guessing than really reading it.

Re: Eccentric fixation "excersise" - hereford_picnic - 09-06-2011

JMartinC4 Wrote:
hereford_picnic Wrote:Do you admire me too?
Of course. Remember when I called you on your 'sneering' disdain of a temporarily repaired tearfilm clearflash? You are on the team, now, I believe. Teamwork. This Bates Method 'laboratory' needs teamwork. You're on the team now, aren't you? Of course I admire you if so.
Thanks, man. Yep, I'm in.