MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
From -4 to around -1.something. Need some help. - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
From -4 to around -1.something. Need some help. - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Success Stories (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: From -4 to around -1.something. Need some help. (/showthread.php?tid=1934)

From -4 to around -1.something. Need some help. - Firelord777 - 10-05-2011

Hello guys,

I am new here, but have viewed this forum for soke time and just had to join.

So, heres the thing,

One day, I decided I did not like depending on glasses for sight. I guess I am too independent and dont like heavily relying on things.

So long story short, I was led to his very forum.

...it all started a good 4'or five months ago...

I was wearing contacts, with a quite a heavy prescription : -4 D. So, towards the end of my school year, my eye got really red and infected. So I had to wear glasses for a week. I hated them. So I took them off. I noticed, that maybe if I dont use them, my eyes will get better. So 3 weeks passed without any glasses or contacts. After, like, ten weeks later, school ended and I noticed that when I put on my glasses, they gave me a headache.

I have had glasses since 3rd grade i think. I had -1 glasses, -2 glasses, , and -4 glasses. So I decided to use my -2 pair. At first, it was kind of blurry. After one day, amazingly, I could see perfectly with them! So now, I tried using my -1 pair. But for some reason, they stay a bit blurry. I know that I see much better now wihout glasses as before. I can tell I am close, but something still bothers me:

Recently, I noticed that at night, the lights "puff up". During the day, they contract. Its really annoying, as I need glasses to see at night. I used "hard-blinking-induced-clear-flashes" to get by school (which really works), but in darkness, thryre useless.

Any suggestions guys? Thanks in advance. Big Grin

Best wishes, Firelord

Re: From -4 to around -1.something. Need some help. - Firelord777 - 10-23-2011

Ok, I see its been some time now, but can anyone tell me or guidee how to induce a real clear flash, please?

Thanks.

Re: From -4 to around -1.something. Need some help. - JMartinC4 - 10-23-2011

Well, you should be able to 'induce' a clear flash via the unconscious way - usually after palming for 10 - 20 minutes you should get a momentary flash of clear distance eyesight.
Or you might try the more scientific method - figure out what's happening to produce a flash of clarity in your otherwise blurry world, and make it happen.
You can get a flash of clarity by using your fingertips to stretch back the skin on the temples so that the eyelids redistribute the tearfilms just enough to restore clarity. Voila! A controlled flash of clear eyesight.
You could also flood your eyes with cool water to partially repair the tearfilms and shrink the corneal bulges just enough to restore normal eyesight for a moment - voila! a clear flash.
You could try hypnotism to regress yourself back to when you remember having clear eyesight.
You could think about when you 'lost' your clear distance eyesight - wasn't it when you were developing physically - those growth spurt years - but somehow you were being visually stunted during thought? Why was that?
You could also take the time to learn everything you can about the human visual system in general, and then apply it to your own visual system. You should pay particular attention to the tearfilms, the corneas, the lens, the ciliary apparatus, the eye muscles, the entire eye orbit (brows, cheeks, lids, etc.), the retinal rods & cones, the macula and foveal pits (the only spots where true clear distance eyesight is possible) and their symmetrical locations on the retinas, the blindspots and their symmetrical locations at the center rear of the eyeballs, the optic nerves and their 50% nasal (non-foveal) crossing at the optic chiasm, and the two occipital lobes.
This isn't easy.

Re: From -4 to around -1.something. Need some help. - Firelord777 - 10-23-2011

Wow, thank you for the great help and insight. Pulling back the skin of my eyes does give a good clear flash, but what does palming do? I heard you just close your eyes for a few minutes and then there is a clear flash?

You seem to be knowledgable on the eye's mechanisms, and I guess if people can have a good flash, then it is possible to keep it that way. Some had a flash that never went away. The only clear flash i gotten are the hard blinking ones, and those only last for as long as you dont blink.

Look foward to the flashes.

Re: From -4 to around -1.something. Need some help. - JMartinC4 - 10-24-2011

Firelord777 Wrote:Wow, thank you for the great help and insight. Pulling back the skin of my eyes does give a good clear flash, but what does palming do? I heard you just close your eyes for a few minutes and then there is a clear flash? You seem to be knowledgable on the eye's mechanisms, and I guess if people can have a good flash, then it is possible to keep it that way. Some had a flash that never went away. The only clear flash i gotten are the hard blinking ones, and those only last for as long as you dont blink. Look foward to the flashes.
What does palming 'do'?
Well, it may be that palming for 10 minutes or so actually relaxes the physical structures that support and surround the eyeballs, reducing the corneal bulges just enough that upon unpalming and opening the eyes, the light from more distant objects or areas (where your eyes are pointed at that moment) is able to reach (or be focused by the eyeball lenses) the cones in the foveal pits (foveas are 100% cones and cones are 3/4 the length of rods), enabling a flash of clear distance eyesight of that object/area.
What if there is no clear flash?
Look around a little bit. You might not be pointed in the right direction for your visual system to find and connect the foveal pits with the objects/areas that are on/in the clear vision pathway(s). You have to align your relaxed visual system with the available clear vision pathway(s) in order to see clearly into the distance(s).
Why doesn't it last?
Because you do something that disrupts it.

Re: From -4 to around -1.something. Need some help. - Tomaž Žibert - 01-10-2012

I would like to point you to my topic i posted under "success stories" titled "My experience and "success"". There I described why I think my eyessight got bad and how I improved it (I am at a steady 90% nowSmile). In addition to what I wrote about I would suggest that you do the physical eye exercises just so long until yittering motion, when trying to do a circle in any direction with your eyes, is overcome.

You can PM or e-mail me any additional questions you may have.

Re: From -4 to around -1.something. Need some help. - Firelord777 - 03-04-2012

Hey there buddy, sorry for the rather late reply, but I appreciate you're willingness to help others, thanks again and I'm going to go look at your posts nowSmile